Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Sekem Farm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sekem Farm
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted these before on another board, but thought I'd share them here as well.

I'm sure some of you are familiar with Sekem and the Isis organic products. They are all being produced on a farm close to Zagazig, and you can schedule an appointment and will get a free tour of the premises. It's interesting to see how they work and implement their philosophy, and also it's a delightful place to visit when you've spent a lot of time in Cairo's dust and noise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEKEM
http://www.sekem.com/
http://www.schwabfound.org/schwabentrepreneurs.htm?schwabid=903&extended=yes

-

-

The medical center where employees and people from the surrounding villages are being treated.
 -

-

Calendula fields
 -

Kindergarden
 -

Playground for the schoolkids
 -

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Textile production
 -

-

Carpenters in training
 -

Toys for internal use, made by disabled people
 -

Mosque
 -

Some happy animals
 -

-

-

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that last pic of the cow...what a cute little face he has !
love his hair... [Wink]

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so cute!

love the pics

thanks Dalia

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are great pics Dalia. Thanks [Smile]
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
I like that last pic of the cow...what a cute little face he has !
love his hair... [Wink]

Yeah, I really liked that cow, thought it was beautiful.  -

I found it interesting that all their cows are a German breed.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks nice Dalia, have you been here? [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com