Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Dust if you must

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dust if you must
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How good is this ladies

LADIES!!!

- Remember... a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.

'A house becomes a home' when you can write 'I love you' on the furniture.'

I used to spend at least 8 hours every weekend making sure things were just perfect

- 'in case someone came over'
Finally I realized one day that no-one came over;

they were all out living life and having fun!
NOW, when people visit, I don't have to explain the 'condition' of my home
They are more interested in hearing about the things I've been doing while I was away living life and having fun.
If you haven't figured this out yet,

-

please heed this advice.

Life is short. Enjoy it!
Dust if you must ......
but wouldn't it be better

-

to paint a picture or write a letter,

bake cookies or a cake and lick the spoon

or plant a seed,
ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must,

but there's not much time ....
with wine to drink,

rivers to swim and mountains to climb,

music to hear and books to read,

friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must,
but the world's out there

-

with the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow, a shower of rain.

This day will not come around, again.

Dust if you must , but bear in mind,

old age will come and it's not kind. ... .

And when you go - and go you must

- you, yourself will make more dust!

Share this with all the wonderful women in your life.
I JUST DID.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter

that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

10 Rules Of Housecleaning

1. Vacuuming too often weakens the carpet fibers. Say this with a serious face, and shudder delicately whenever anyone mentions Carpet Fresh.

2. If disturbed, dust bunnies cannot evolve into dust rhinos. Rename the area under the couch "The Galapagos Islands," and claim an ecological exemption.

3. Layers of dirty film on windows and screens provide a helpful filter against harmful and aging rays from the sun. Call it an SPF factor of 5, and leave it alone.

4. Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere. If your husband points out that the light fixtures need dusting, simply look affronted and exclaim, "What? And spoil the mood?"

5. In a pinch, you can always claim that the haphazard tower of unread magazines and newspapers next to your chair provides the valuable Feng Shui aspect of a tiger, thereby reducing your vulnerability. Roll your eyes when you say this.

6. Explain away the mound of pet hair brushed up against the doorways by claiming you are collecting it there to use for stuffing hand-sewn play animals for underprivileged children.

7. If unexpected company is coming, pile everything unsightly into one room and close the door. As you show your guests through your tidy home, rattle the door knob vigorously, fake a growl and say, "I'd love you to see our Den, but Fluffy hates to be disturbed, and the shots are SO expensive."

8. If dusting is REALLY out of control, simply place a showy urn on the coffee table and insist that "THIS is where Grandma wanted us to scatter her ashes."

9. Don't bother repainting. Simply scribble lightly over a dirty wall with an assortment of crayons, and try to muster a glint of tears as you say, "Junior did this the week before that unspeakable accident. I haven't had the heart to clean it."

10. Mix one-quarter cup pine-scented household cleaner with four cups of water in a spray bottle. Mist the air lightly. Leave dampened rags in conspicuous locations. Develop an exhausted look, throw yourself onto the couch, and sigh, "I clean and I clean, and I still don't get anywhere."

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caitlin
Member # 16803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caitlin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is good advice, i am a complete clean freak and worked out i spend at least 30hrs a week cleaning and with washing ironing etc at least 35-40.

i ahve to get a life and live a little.

i am going to pass this on to all my friends soem male.

i know a few men that are stay at home housewifes or house persons.

i used to work till i had 4 kids, stopped when i had 2, child care expensive,

i am going to get a life and stuff housework and go and enjoy myself.

Posts: 223 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caitlin:

i used to work till i had 4 kids, stopped when i had 2, child care expensive,

i am going to get a life and stuff housework and go and enjoy myself.

Hey how old are your children?? I've also got four kids and their ages range from three to ten years old.

Tina, great advice with somehow truth in it but I guess old habits are hard to break - at least in my case. I just love a neat and clean home; I can't and don't want to have it any other way. And seriously I like to clean (but I admit I hate ironing).

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop quoting the 80's damn it.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caitlin
Member # 16803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caitlin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my kids are 6 amina, 4 safiya, 2 mohammed, 1 abdullah,

no more kids ever again, i say i leave house work, i did some this mourning, went out and when i came back i am on now doing it,

the downstairs is a mess and i will propably be up all night tidying it, but a least i got out.

my soon to be ex-hubby thinks i clean too much, i have ocd according to my family, i went to the doc and they say it is perfectionitst tendancies. spelling real bad.

better go kids coming back form sisters, so life put on hold till 8 when they all in bed.

Posts: 223 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com