Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Curry Goat and rice n peas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Curry Goat and rice n peas
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys!!,got dinner cooking wanna try-some gotta help out..now run down to the store and pick-up these items

INGREDIENTS :

•3 lb. goat
•3-4 tablespoon curry
•2 onion,
•4 stalks thyme
•2 stalks garlic
•2 Whole Scotch Bonnet pepper
•black pepper and salt
.1 stalk of celery
.3 tablespoon all spice
.4 potatoes diced

METHOD:

1.Wash & season with curry, thyme, garlic, black peppers & salt, onions and chopped celery
2.For best results let seared meat sit overnight in refrigerator
3.Pour a little oil in pot and heat
4.Please meat in pot and let brown a little
5.Add 1 cup water and seasoning
6.Add potatoes
7.Cook until tender
8.Add whole scotch bonnet pepper for flavor and cook slowly untill meat is tender and a thick gravey developes.

Now for the rice and peas this very caribbean BTW all the Island people cooks this including the Spanish Islands; Get me a six pack of Red Stripe Beer also.

INGREDIENTS:

Serves: 4-5

1 medium sized can red kidney beans
1 can coconut milk
2 cups of rice
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 table spoon oil
1 scotch bonnet pepper (whole, do not chop up)
water

Drain the liquid from the can of beans into a measuring cup and add the can of coconut milk and enough water to make four cups of liquid. Place liquids in a pot with beans, onions, garlic, thyme and oil, bring to a boil. Add rice and stir for a minute. Reduce heat to Medium-Low. Place scotch bonnet pepper on top of liquid and cover tightly for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked. Remove scotch bonnet pepper before serving.

This recipes can also be made using other peas

Now dinner is ready pass the Red Stripe And hand out the dishes please.
 -
 -
 - [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
 -
 -
More recipes to come..hold tight. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG- I am so hungry

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gonna give it a try TooTsie..as you can see It's not so hard...anyone can do this. [Smile]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Whole Scotch Bonnet peppers?????????? you want to kill me mister? [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
OK!!one big one then I really like the flavor...but don't burst it... [Big Grin]

yes I am one of those heat freaks [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love heat too but,,,, anyway ,it makes sense not to open the pepper. i will try it
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukthoughtful
Member # 17000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukthoughtful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks good!!
Posts: 71 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am buying all the supplies for this tomorrow- and i will let you know how it turns out. I might replace the goat for beef.
do you have any recipes for ox tail. Its my favorite.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Toosie Lamb would be a better substitute.
I'll hook you up with a wicked ox-tail recipe soon ok?? [Smile]

tootsie
Member # 13946

thanks much

--------------------
Tootsie

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com