Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Lemons For Your Skin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lemons For Your Skin
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemons For Your Skin

Lemons are often overlooked when it comes to skincare. Most people use chemically laden commercial brand products for skincare. I opt to use natural products and foods when it comes to skincare which includes lemons. Lemons are rich in vitamin C and they naturally have antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.

Besides providing pure beneficial vitamins and properties to your skin, lemons can lighten the appearance of discolorations from freckles or age spots. They also help to tighten the skin which helps with blackheads.

I slice a fresh lemon and I squeeze the juice onto a cotton round. I get my cotton rounds at Target in the beauty supply section. I once had a smattering of freckles (as my husband calls it) across my nose and now they are barely there at all. I have also noticed an overall improvement of my skin since I began using lemon. I apply fresh squeezed lemon to my face 2-3 times a day to help clean and freshen up my face.

Have you ever used lemons as part of your skincare routine?

found this in a blog on one of my websites ...thought it was interesting so i decided to share it with you all [Smile]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Micky.

I have been taking to heart the cucumber article too.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad i could help there girly [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using lemon as a cleanser and rose oil as a moisturizer for about two months and have noticed my complexion is MUCH better...its great and cheap [Smile]
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rdean
Member # 17776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
Lemons For Your Skin

Lemons are often overlooked when it comes to skincare. Most people use chemically laden commercial brand products for skincare. I opt to use natural products and foods when it comes to skincare which includes lemons. Lemons are rich in vitamin C and they naturally have antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.

Besides providing pure beneficial vitamins and properties to your skin, lemons can lighten the appearance of discolorations from freckles or age spots. They also help to tighten the skin which helps with blackheads.

I slice a fresh lemon and I squeeze the juice onto a cotton round. I get my cotton rounds at Target in the beauty supply section. I once had a smattering of freckles (as my husband calls it) across my nose and now they are barely there at all. I have also noticed an overall improvement of my skin since I began using lemon. I apply fresh squeezed lemon to my face 2-3 times a day to help clean and freshen up my face.

found this in a blog on one of my websites ...thought it was interesting so i decided to share it with you all [Smile]

About how long would it take into effect?

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you get rose oil?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
girl i doubt the lemon would make it off the plate.. i eat lemons so i might try limes.i eat lemon rinds the whole lemon maybe that is y i do not have wronkles lol

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rdean:
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
Lemons For Your Skin

About how long would it take into effect?

steph said she has being doing this and can see a difference in 2 month [Wink]
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry for late reply, I get rose oil from health food shops or it is available online [Smile]
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com