Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Raw Muesli

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raw Muesli
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rolled oats
Raw nuts
Raw seeds
Unsulphured raisins
Ground cinnamon
Shredded coconut
Water or almond milk

Put oats into container. Add nuts, seeds, raisins, coconut, and cinnamon. Stir. Add just enough water or milk to barely cover mixture. Pat down mixture into the liquid. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning you will have a nice hearty breakfast that has not been cooked. This method starts the sprouting process of oats, nuts and seeds and is much easier and healthier on the digestive system. You can add a bit of honey or maple syrup to it, and a bit of almond milk if you wish. I did not add measurements because it is up to you how much you eat. The main part is oats and then you can add bits of the rest. It is very filling. May make a big batch and keep in fridge for the week. Will last about 4-5 days in fridge.

*Borrowed*

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah cool, a thread how to make cereal!!!

Add milk lol...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bitch
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Two:
Rolled oats
Raw nuts
Raw seeds
Unsulphured raisins
Ground cinnamon
Shredded coconut
Water or almond milk

Put oats into container. Add nuts, seeds, raisins, coconut, and cinnamon. Stir. Add just enough water or milk to barely cover mixture. Pat down mixture into the liquid. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning you will have a nice hearty breakfast that has not been cooked. This method starts the sprouting process of oats, nuts and seeds and is much easier and healthier on the digestive system. You can add a bit of honey or maple syrup to it, and a bit of almond milk if you wish. I did not add measurements because it is up to you how much you eat. The main part is oats and then you can add bits of the rest. It is very filling. May make a big batch and keep in fridge for the week. Will last about 4-5 days in fridge.

*Borrowed*

My hairstylist was explaining how to do this with steel cut oats but it sounded much more involved and it was cooked.

Yogurt
raisins
grapes
milk
honey
steel cut oats

Its a 5 step process and I didn't have any pen and paper to write it down.

She's not the type to answer a question twice. [Frown]

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bitch

man alive you catch on quick....
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
quote:
Bitch

man alive you catch on quick....
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esthor yahee
Member # 17818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for esthor yahee         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care about what other people have posted...
I'm interested with this recipe, well honestly, I am not good in cooking..At least i could try this, coz it doesn't seem so hard.. I hope you won't stop posting simple recipes here... And just ignore those critical minded people.. Thank you for the post... I really appreciate it..Keep sharing.. [Smile]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Museli...

Go to Metro buy Museli
Take it home
Open box
Pour museli into a bowl
Add Milk...

Voila [Big Grin]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Museli...

Go to Metro buy Museli
Take it home
Open box
Pour museli into a bowl
Add Milk...

Voila [Big Grin]

lol u are forgetting we have complete morons in es.. u first must buy milk and make sure u keep it in the fridge so it doesnt get warm and nasty..then u will also have to decide if u want skim or lowfat or 2% milk or whole milk.. that alone can make yr head spin. i like 2% now u can buy that oats and add milk and what ever.. a moron can not screw this recipe up.. if he or she does well.. seek a nurse cas ur dead....
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah..there's another big problem about that recipe, how to stir the stuff..to the right or to the left. [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Raw Muesli [Roll Eyes]

Supermarket stuff is pure crap. The whole idea is that you get to make it out of organic ingredients. No roasted, salted or irradiated nuts, no artificial sweeteners,no preservatives. And it is best to use non dairy milk.

RAW CEREAL

½ grated apple
½ -1 ripe banana (no green anywhere), chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp raw almonds
1 tbsp raw cashews
1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 heaping tbsp shredded unsulphered coconut
Fresh almond milk
A couple tbsp pure maple syrup or honey

Add everything to a small mixing bowl (except milk and sweetener), stir, and transfer to an eating bowl. Pour fresh almond milk over top and drizzle on maple syrup or honey. Great for a satisfying breakfast or light lunch!

May add peaches, blueberries, fresh figs, pears, apricot, etc for any variations you like. Try and pick in season fruit. Can also pick raw nuts and seeds of choice. Can play with this any way you like!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NUTS make my mouth itch!! [Big Grin] [Cool]

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
u first must buy milk and make sure u keep it in the fridge so it doesnt get warm and nasty..

Oh gosh my husband becomes a little devil if there is no cold milk left for his Fruity Pebbles cereal!!!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
It is way to complicated for me to get a handful of nuts and put them in a bowl, can you go through the process again....

I wouldn't stir them, I think that would spoil the whole 'recipe'

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't know what to do with the preparation when its ready ?? [Confused] Must I use a spoon or just spill it over the table and wait ?? [Frown]

What now ?? [Confused]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think because it is raw as opposed to cooked you have to cook it!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com