EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Father hits out at gaping holes in streets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Father hits out at gaping holes in streets
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By Ashraf Sadek-The Egyptian Gazette Online
Saturday, November 13, 2010 02:50:09 PM

CAIRo - Thouhg his son Ragab died a few days ago, after getting stuck upside down in a pit in el-Tebeen near Helwan, Gomaa Mubarak Sayyed is still very upset that the police have been unable to help him retrieve the teenager's body.

Gomaa Mubarak Sayyed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gomaa, a governmental employee, said that a police crane broke down after a few minutes into the attempt to free his trapped son, leaving him to die in the 6m-deep pit.
According to a police report, Ragab fell into the pit, while walking home from work last Thursday afternoon.
Passersby reported the incident to the police, who launched a rescue effort to try and get Ragab out, including using the crane. "However, a technical hitch caused the crane to stop functioning and the victim died of nervous shock and asphyxia,” the report, issued by e -Tebeen Police Station, said, adding that all rescue efforts by policemen and volunteers alike futile to save Ragab's life.
"I'll never fully understand how or why Ragab died. But I am sure that my son died because of negligence and because of the pits and shafts that are left open in el-Tebeen's streets," said a bereft Gomaa, adding that he'd not even been able to get his son's body back, because of a lack of equipment and trained rescue workers.
Gomma explained that workers, using a rope, failed to rescue Ragab, 19, after he became trapped in the pit near their home.
"The police sent a crane to the scene of the accident after two rescue men failed to get Ragab out," he stressed, citing the testimonies of eyewitnesses.
“It was once the policemen and volunteers realised my son was stuck and could not be freed that they called for a crane, which broke down and left Ragab to die an hour later.”
Gomaa added that, until now, all efforts have failed to retrieve Ragab's body from the pit, which was left open by a construction company that was paving the street.
He said that onlookers told him that Ragab had breathing difficulty before he became unresponsive just before midnight.
"Soon after, a rescuer was able to get close enough to my son to confirm that he had died," Gomaa continued.
"Ragab most likely died from nervous shock combined with an inability to breathe," according to the police report, which added that his son's body was still stuck in the pit and no-one has yet been able to retrieve it for burial.
In the meantime, the death of Ragab should prompt officials to re-evaluate the streets of el-Tebeen and nearby places like Helwan, which are full of pits and open holes that could kill more people, Gomaa warned.

http://213.158.162.45/~egyptian/index.php?action=news&id=12789&title=Father hits out at gaping holes in streets

Omg, this is so horrible. I really feel for this man. [Frown]

I remember several years ago my 3-year-old son fell also in a hole on the sidewalk in Hurghada. It was left by workers and not secured. Luckily it wasn't very deep but my little one still suffered scratches and some bleeding.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliiiks
Member # 18302

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliiiks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kids ugg boots are manufactured simply but attractive for kids.Miles Austin Jersey,top quality!low price!Miles Austin jersey on sale now.Darnell Dockett jersey Reebok Authentic #90 Arizona Cardinals Black Jersey 100% Stitched jersey (not printed) Dicount price buy Authentic quality jersey.Cheap Ugg Bailey Button Triplet Boots hot Sale in oneuggboots 2010. Colors are available in black, Chestnut, Chocolate, Grey and Sand.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com