EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Pyramids of Kush

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Pyramids of Kush
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Professor Friedrich Hinkel, an architect from Berlin on how the Pyramids were built in Meroe.

Video:

http://wysinger.homestead.com/kush_pryamid_building.mov

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meroe: northern cemetery; perspective drawing of the restored pyramid field (Prof. F.W. Hinkel)

From the book Sudan: Ancient Kingdoms of the Nile, Dietrich Wildung, 1997, p. 414

-

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great. Too bad that whites believe they built them.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Not they, but their North African "caucasian" cousins, or just as bad-- that blacks built them but stole the idea from their caucasian Egyptian neighbors. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'all may hate that I'm on this site, but I'll say it anyway. Whites on stormfront sadly believe that true Cushitic people are white and that all Hamites are and were white. They believe that the black Cushites of Ethiopia are invaders who stole the original white Cushites identity. It's so hilarious. Their is this thread that's 290 something pages long where they keep posting the same mess about ancient Egyptians being white because they have "Caucasoid" features (straight noses and thin lips).
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Check out this link.

http://www.kinsmanredeemer.com/EthiopianEunuch.htm

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:

Y'all may hate that I'm on this site, but I'll say it anyway. Whites on stormfront sadly believe that true Cushitic people are white and that all Hamites are and were white. They believe that the black Cushites of Ethiopia are invaders who stole the original white Cushites identity. It's so hilarious. Their is this thread that's 290 something pages long where they keep posting the same mess about ancient Egyptians being white because they have "Caucasoid" features (straight noses and thin lips).

I don't hate it, but I do think that it's a waste of your time and frankly that it rots your brains worse than watching too much TV. I mean reading too much b.s. has to have some negative effect on your mind.
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^And as to one of the better highlights from that link:

quote:
The word “Ethiopian” indicates that this eunuch was a Caucasian. “Aith” means sunburned and “ops” means countenance, hence a sunburned complexion. Negroes do not have a sunburned look. It is white people who tan from sun exposure and therefore were the original Ethiopians according to archaic etymology.

LOL! [Smile]

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naga Def Wolofi
Member # 14535

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naga Def Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pictures Wally, but are the pyramids in Kush older or the ones in Egypt older. I have heard both arguments, which is correct?
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
I believe the Ethiopian pyramids are a little older than the ones in Egypt. I believe the Ethiopians civilizations were longer than Egypt's.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ethiopian pyramids ???

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The word “Ethiopian” indicates that this eunuch was a Caucasian. “Aith” means sunburned and “ops” means countenance, hence a sunburned complexion. Negroes do not have a sunburned look. It is white people who tan from sun exposure and therefore were the original Ethiopians according to archaic etymology.

I knew that!

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good question. How did they come to the dates for the construction of the pyramids? Since there were so many is it appropriate to simply say "built between a few hundred years"?
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
More photos:

-

-

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -

-

The Lion Temple of Naga
 -

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Just to let some folks know the Meroitic pyramids of Sudan are not more ancient than Egypt's but much younger. However, tombs or royal burials in general are indeed much more ancient in Sudan than in Egypt.

And that the pyramid on the U.S. dollar is based on those of Meroitic Sudan and not Egypt.

-

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the pyramids of Kush are more ancient, but that they represent an older style of mud brick chapel tomb that used smaller pyramidal shapes and have not survived. Some of the oldest pyramids in Egypt are in upper Egypt and they are small (I forget the pharoah).

And these pyramidal shapes are seen often in Badarian pottery, along with ibexes and stylized cross hatch patterns, all of which are seen in later paintings in tombs representing hunting with the crosshatches being fences and the ibexes being hunted within them. Therefore, I believe these triangles also represent pyramids, which were already a part of the iconography of predynastic Egypt. The most relevant pottery style is Badarian or Naqada II.

(Unfortunately, due to the BOGUS way the pottery of the predynastic is categorized and spread between so many collections, it is hard to see them on the net showing this clearly)

-

http://oi.uchicago.edu/museum/virtual/eg/EgB.mov

-

-

Again, because of the distortion in Egyptology, many people do not know about the pyramids built at Aswan that also date from the 3rd dynasty.

The El Kula is one such example:

http://www.pyramidmatrix.com/el_kula_pyramid.htm

Small Step Pyramids of upper Egypt:

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/smallstep.htm

It seems quite possible that these pyramids are only a small part of what was an ancient iconic pyramid shrine tradition that emerged along the Nile in the ancient past.

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com