EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » African Cup:Congratulations Egypt!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: African Cup:Congratulations Egypt!!!!
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually rooting for Cameroon, but the Egyptians played better and deserved it...you can only root for a team up to a point...I was really disappointed by Cameroon performance even with Etoo in the team...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good game. was partial to cameroon also. but congrates to our mixed arab afro bros. they were one of the better teams throughout the tournament

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
North Africans[like East Africans, who excel in mainly in distance running]--for whatever reasons--are relatively quite poor at "the beautiful game". Just check the starting rosters of the top European leagues--La Liga(Spain), Serie A(Italy), English Premier League(England), Budesliga(Germany) and most of the top stars either from West Africa or Brazil--with a few from Argentina.

There is NO top North African star in any of the big leagues from North Africa--exception maybe Trezeguez with Juventus. And the French league is practically West African.

OK, so why did Egypt--never in the World Cup and with a very simple kick and run style--win the ACN? Easy answer: the fact that the Egyptian team is made up of players who are not sought after by the rich European clubs they are forced to stay at home and play together all the time. The players from West Africa are just more interested in their Euro clubs than in their national teams--for the very simple reason of money.

The result is that the star West African players hardly ever play together as a team and usually just fly in for the African Cup a few days before the competition starts. World football is above all a team game--that's why coaches/managers make so much money.

Furthermore, Egypt has a home-grown coach/manager who has been with the national team for a long time. Many of the other African countries seem to think that having a white coach should guarantee success. Not so! Most of those coaches are hired at huge salaries--South Africa's white Brazilian coach rakes in $130,000 a month, yet SA bombed out very early-- and just spend their time as if they were on a sun-drenched vacation--beer and the beach, and whatever else. This kind of thing is tolerated because corruption is rife: the Euro coach has a pipeline to the professional clubs in Europe so he uses his influence to recommend promsising players to the European market. So instead of trying to create a national team the Euro coach is openly undermining it.

Proof of my claim:

Of the top 22 players from Africa none is North African. Maybe even the top 44 players.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the "Lame" Congratualtions. Egypt is always friendly with its Black African Neighbors.

-

Posts: 315 | From: Deep Earth | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Lamin Bro. I think you are way off on this. Egypt and Morocco are two african countries that play the "beautiful game". Have you watched egypt play through-out the tournament? Very attractive short passing,skillful game. Tunisia and South Africa play the unattractive long ball. One country is arab and the other afro-european.

Egypt is one of a few countries that deserved it.

As for the coaches. A lot of african countries bring in the europeans because of their lack of descipline in the defence. In the past, 90's and before they would concede 4-6 goals per game. That has changed. Now they are on par with Europe. Soon they would not need these coaches, Angola is a good example, having a home grown african coaches, and competed at the world cup.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 315 | From: Deep Earth | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Is that you Glider??? [Wink] [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Glider:
 -

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
And BTW don't ne fooled. AE did not look like that. But congrats any who

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I believe that Arbs are not in the top notch leagues because of prejudice, both ethnic and religous. Funny thing is the arab public is clueless on that. You have the gliders who don't see that.

--------------------

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XYYMan,

I saw the 2006 and 2008 ACN--ALL the games on TV. I just don't think North Africans and East Africans know how to play football with the skill and style of West Africans and Brazil[who, by the way are of West African origin--i.e. those who actually know how to play the game, not those who are pushed up for purely prestige reasons].

I would rank all the North African teams who played in this ANC at about the level of the English 3rd Division.

And North Africans, East Africans and West Asians are not in the top leagues because they just don't have the skill, physical strength and footballing brains that the Brazilians and West Africans have. Simple! And right now the world's best strikers are from West Africa: Eto'o, Drogba, Adebayor and Kanoute.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Sorry Lamin Bro. I think you are way off on this. Egypt and Morocco are two african countries that play the "beautiful game". Have you watched egypt play through-out the tournament? Very attractive short passing,skillful game. Tunisia and South Africa play the unattractive long ball. One country is arab and the other afro-european.

Egypt is one of a few countries that deserved it.

As for the coaches. A lot of african countries bring in the europeans because of their lack of descipline in the defence. In the past, 90's and before they would concede 4-6 goals per game. That has changed. Now they are on par with Europe. Soon they would not need these coaches, Angola is a good example, having a home grown african coaches, and competed at the world cup.

south africa is a african state,just like america is european based.
Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man I have Never seen a forign Football game only American.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lamin wrote:

quote:
North Africans[like East Africans, who excel in mainly in distance running]--for whatever reasons--are relatively quite poor at "the beautiful game". Just check the starting rosters of the top European leagues--La Liga(Spain), Serie A(Italy), English Premier League(England), Budesliga(Germany) and most of the top stars either from West Africa or Brazil--with a few from Argentina.

There is NO top North African star in any of the big leagues from North Africa--exception maybe Trezeguez with Juventus. And the French league is practically West African.

OK, so why did Egypt--never in the World Cup and with a very simple kick and run style--win the ACN? Easy answer: the fact that the Egyptian team is made up of players who are not sought after by the rich European clubs they are forced to stay at home and play together all the time. The players from West Africa are just more interested in their Euro clubs than in their national teams--for the very simple reason of money.

The result is that the star West African players hardly ever play together as a team and usually just fly in for the African Cup a few days before the competition starts. World football is above all a team game--that's why coaches/managers make so much money.

Furthermore, Egypt has a home-grown coach/manager who has been with the national team for a long time. Many of the other African countries seem to think that having a white coach should guarantee success. Not so! Most of those coaches are hired at huge salaries--South Africa's white Brazilian coach rakes in $130,000 a month, yet SA bombed out very early-- and just spend their time as if they were on a sun-drenched vacation--beer and the beach, and whatever else. This kind of thing is tolerated because corruption is rife: the Euro coach has a pipeline to the professional clubs in Europe so he uses his influence to recommend promsising players to the European market. So instead of trying to create a national team the Euro coach is openly undermining it.

Proof of my claim:

Of the top 22 players from Africa none is North African. Maybe even the top 44 players.

Damn, are your feelings hurt? Obviously they are. Its just a game. Next year someone else will win. Calm down. : )
Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to Egypt on this win, and they did truly deserve it. Skill, athletic ability, they surpassed all other african countries for this win and it showed. Cameroon put up a good fight but it wasn't meant to be. Alf Marbrook!
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
HA! HA! HA! HA! Yeah right!

quote:
KENNDO

south africa is a african state,just like america is european based. [/QB]

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You know what you are saying is prejudicial? You are making the same generalization like the Euros.

Morroco made the world come and did very well when they did. I have to check but I believe Egypt made the world cup also. Tunisia ditto. And they went THROUGH some West African teams to do it. So watch what you say, bro.

Give Egypt (modern) their props.

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
XYYMan,

I saw the 2006 and 2008 ACN--ALL the games on TV. I just don't think North Africans and East Africans know how to play football with the skill and style of West Africans and Brazil[who, by the way are of West African origin--i.e. those who actually know how to play the game, not those who are pushed up for purely prestige reasons].

I would rank all the North African teams who played in this ANC at about the level of the English 3rd Division.

And North Africans, East Africans and West Asians are not in the top leagues because they just don't have the skill, physical strength and footballing brains that the Brazilians and West Africans have. Simple! And right now the world's best strikers are from West Africa: Eto'o, Drogba, Adebayor and Kanoute.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lamin wrote:

quote:

How do you know that Brazillians are of West African origins only? Where's the evidence?

How do you explain the documented fact that slaves came from other regions of Africa as well as Europe, North America, and the so called "Middle East" to the America's?

quote:

The above nonsense is not even worth the time it would take to easily refute. You repeat racial nonsense because you're upset at the results of a soccer tournament. You're absolutely pathetic.

But the thing is that your stupidity makes sense, because someone who would lose his cool over a soccer tournament would actually repeat the illogical unintellectual and flat out dumb thoughts that you are expousing.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I have to agree with Lamin on the Brazilians. You don't need genetic test. A calculated guess tell you that the Black Brazilians, AA and Caribbean people are all of the same stock. Most, as in the majority, of the slaves came from the west coast of africa. Some of us claim that others came from East and South Africa, yeah right, maybe a small amount.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
From Wiki - Egypt

seems the north africans are fairly successful.

They were the first African country to participate in the World Cup when they played in 1934, losing to Hungary 4-2. Egypt has qualified for one World Cup since then, going out in the first round in 1990. They were known as the United Arab Republic national football team when Egypt and Syria joined to form the United Arab Republic from 1958 to 1961 and then until 1970, with Egypt alone making up the UAR. They have played for the Bronze Medal in the Olympic Games twice (1928 and 1964), losing both times.

Egypt are the most successful African team at Confederation level, winning the ANC six times: the inaugural African Nations Cup in 1957, and also won the tournament in 1959, 1986, 1998, 2006 and 2008.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
You know what you are saying is prejudicial? You are making the same generalization like the Euros.

Morroco made the world come and did very well when they did. I have to check but I believe Egypt made the world cup also. Tunisia ditto. And they went THROUGH some West African teams to do it. So watch what you say, bro.

Give Egypt (modern) their props.

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
XYYMan,

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
xyyman wrote:

quote:
I have to agree with Lamin on the Brazilians. You don't need genetic test. A calculated guess tell you that the Black Brazilians, AA and Caribbean people are all of the same stock. Most, as in the majority, of the slaves came from the west coast of africa. Some of us claim that others came from East and South Africa, yeah right, maybe a small amount.
You provide no facts, no research, no proof. Just mindnumbing dogma. What are the specific numbers sherlock and how are they achieved.

How does West Africa (not including Mauritania, Morocco, Mali) supply tens/hundreds of millions of slaves to 1. North America, 2. Central America, 3. South, America, 4. The Carribean, 5. North Africa, 6. the so called "Middle East", 7. Europe, and 8. Asia? How does a population accomplish that by itself for 400+ years?

Absolutely ridiculous that someone would fall for this blatent Eurocentric lie. The whites have trained you well. Soon they will have you bringing them their slippers in your mouth.

Their lies don't work with me because one, I'm not lazy and two I'm certainly not stupid enough to fall for their bs. Unlike you I use historical facts as well as analysis, logic, and commonsense instead of opinionated ideology.

web.syr.edu/~affellem/napti.html

google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&suggon=0&as_qdr=all&q=%22slaves+from+northern+africa%22+americas

I could post more but why bother since its obvious you would rather parrot Eurocentric dogma than take the time to research, analyze, and use your own common sense and logic to see if their lies even make sense.

You desire/want/need to pin "West Africans" as slaves. You are both pathetic and sick.

The fact that you would actually expouse this stupidity online says alot about your mentality and lack of intellect. With all of the historical record and evidence of North Africans, Southern Africans, East Africans incl the those of the Horn, the so called "Berbers", Asians, Indians (from India), Arabs, Turks, Persians, Europeans, and Native Americans being sold and traded, your response is a dim witted grade school "yeah right" in denial of the obvious evidence to the existence of non-"West African" slaves in the Americas.

You are one of those clowns who for some reason needs to believe that "West Africa" (not incl. Morocco, Mauritania, Mali) is the equivalient of slave. Why? Because whites have told you that West Africans are the true negroes and that everyone else in Africa is a caucasoid?

You're too stupid to understand that they need this dichotomy in order to steal African culture, history, "civilizations", etc.

What are they going to do, say that they used people that are supposed to be caucasoids as slaves? If they did that, their claims to Ancient Egypt, Timbuktu, etc would be "immediately" considered ridiculous.

The next laughably dumb thing you'll be saying is that the Romans never enslaved any of the Egyptians.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Ouch!!!! Wow!! Ok let me check out you links.

I am just going by te notion that British/Europeans. I am open to being corrected.

--------------------

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Arglye104,

Just calm down. Genetic tests plus the African Brazilian culture is clearly founded on a majority of people who were transported from West Africa--from Senegambia down to Angola. The syncretic cultures of African Brazil found mainly in Bahia province are of Yoruba, Hausa, Kimbundu and Ovimbundu traditions. The syncretic religion of Candomble with is Orishas and Samba societies is strictly West African.

Also when the captives(Moslems[called 'males'] and non-Moslems) revolted they were deported back to West Africa--especially Lagos(Nigeria) and Benin Republic. It's all there in the archives. There is also the annual Osogbo Festival in Nigeria for Brazilians and Nigerians of Yoruba extraction.

Nobody is making any claims about slavery in Africa given captives were taken from all its 4 corners and many were even brought in from Europe and the West Asian hinterland.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Arglye104,

I offered insights on the evident contradictions on Africans and "the beautiful game" and--LOL--you reply with near apoplexy.

The truth is that best footballers in the world are from West Africa[and Brazil] yet a team from some other part of Africa--in this instance Egypt--won the ACN.

The explanation I offered is that because the Egyptian players are not sought after for the big clubs in Europe as the West Africans are, they are forced to stay at home. The result is that Egypt is more able to develop a national team that is always together. The West African players who play in Europe just don't play together enough to establish team cohesion.

If I say that East Africans--Kenyans and Ethiopians--especially are the very best in the world in distance running. That's a fact. Nothing racial about that!

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The research shows that the degree of relative economic freedom in a society determines the incentive to excel within the various fields of sport/entertainment. East Africans do better than West Africans in running due to physique, landscape/environment and integration of modern training methods!

lamin's point is a good one relating to soccer where the team is the goal and all sublimate to that effect of operating as one unit! That seems implausible in many African states at the national level but at the village level, it is very well executed!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
laymen wrote:

-----------------
Just calm down.
-----------------

LOOOL, thats rich.

I'm not the one resorting to whining racial pseudoscience because of being pissed off that people that you don't consider "black" african won a soccer game (of all things to get mad about). I'm just wondering if you torched your neighbors car like they do in Europe.

You made a statement that the African descended people in Brazil were of so called "West African" only ancestry and I have provided historical fact and evidence that exposes that statement as the lie or stupidity that it is.

It is funny because you have provided no evidence to support your lies. On the other hand I have provided historical facts and evidence that you simply cannot sanely refute.

If you don't want to be called out for stupidity then don't say anything stupid.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Argyle 104,
You get so excitable over a few objective comments I made. Then you reply with misquotations. Just calm down.

Examples: 1) I said[paraphrase] that Brazilians of African ancestry are predominantly of West African lineage. I did not say that the Africans transported to Brazil were only of West African origins.

See http://www.revistapesquisa.fapesp.br/?art=1932&bd=1&lg=en

Check the science section on that portal.

It'common sense logistics that the ships that transported African captives over to Brazil would do so from the closest points. And that would be from the Senegambia to Angola. A minority came from other areas such as the then Portugese controlled area known as Mozambique. The syncretic culture of Brazil confirms this point. Its African aspects such as Candomble is founded on Yoruba divinities. That's an empirical fact. The cultures of the peoples of Angola--Kimbubdu and Ovimbundu especially-- are also part and parcel of what anthropologists call Afro-Brazilian culture. That's easy to understand beacuse the Portugese installed themselves in Angola even before they began settling in Brazil. Thus strictly African culture forms such as Capoeira and samba, food such as feijoada and akakja are of West African origin--i.e. from the Senegambia to Angola. Note: I have actually been to Bahia province in North East Brazil.

2)You also make fallacious claims such as that I preferred that the Egyptian not win because I perceive the modern Egyptians to be not black. Just wrong. I know Egyptians who are black and who see themselves as such. I just have a natural preference for West African and Brazilian football, the reason being that the world's best players come from those 2 areas. So it required some analysis as to why the Egyptians won--given that they are not known internationally for producing outstanding players nor is their team noticeable for its international ranking.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Layman wrote:

-------------------
You get so excitable over a few objective comments I made.
-------------------

No. Excitable is resorting to buffoonish racial pseudoscience because of the result of a soccer match.

By the way have they towed your neighbor's car yet?

-------------------
and Brazil[who, by the way are of West African origin
-------------------

Those are your words above not mine. And it has been proven that your statement above is wrong.

Whether it is wrong because you told a blatent lie, or that you have some dogmatic belief that slave = "west African" or "west African = slave", or that you are just plain dumb is not something that I am going to waste energy on. The important thing is that your moronic statement has been exposed for the falsehood that it is.

-------------------
A minority came from other areas such as the then Portugese controlled area known as Mozambique. The syncretic culture of Brazil confirms this point.
-------------------

How do you know? Were you there?

By the way anyone noticed that layman is reduced to vague and nonsubstantiated amd vague terms such as minority, small, etc?

-------------------
It'common sense logistics that the ships that transported African captives over to Brazil would do so from the closest points. And that would be from the Senegambia to Angola.
-------------------

Considering the below, your common sense is equal to the subminimal intellect that you are displaying. So now according to you people could not sail more than 10 miles without turning back because it was too far. I guess that's why India and the islands in the Pacific were never colonized. Fortunately we have historical records to go by for the truth and reality, and not your sick racially oriented dogmas.

jwsr.ucr.edu/archive/vol5/number1/v5n1r1.php
(east african slaves in new york)

google.com/search?as_q=america&hl=en&suggon=0&num=100&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=east+indian+slaves&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any &as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

google.com/search?as_q=&hl=en&suggon=0&num=100&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=japanese+slaves&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&a s_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&suggon=0&as_qdr=all&q=+%22chinese+slaves%22+%22latin+america%22&btnG=Search

Once again you have been exposed as either a liar or a moron.

But by all means continue on with your head in the sand denials. It just exposes more of your crackpot racial beliefs and theories to others.

And so that I may also continue administering this intellectual thrashing to you.

PS. Whining some strawman about me getting excited is not going to save you.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Argyle104
Did you read the article I posted based on actual research carried out in Brazil?

You seem not to be aware that in colloquial natural language usages general statements do not literally mean "all". The statement "Quebecois are of French origin" does not mean literally that 100% of Quebecois are are such.

Well, to move on let me say that in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil I heard Afro-Brazilian academics say openly that Afro-Brazilians aare of West African ancestry. The culture shows it and the people say it--what more can I say! Time to move on.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com