EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Black Power

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black Power
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this on the Internet SuperHighway somewhere...

quote:

Wisdom is more precious then gold, more loving then a grandmother’s smile, more visionary then the splendor of a prophet’s dream; it simplifies knowledge and makes ideas feasible for the people. Wisdom comes from the spirit, and embodies justice, equity, and truth. This divine spirit has never left the Black soul, in fact Blackness is the epicenter of it’s glorious consciousness.

We must learn of are heritage, remember where we have came from as people, it is vital for us to discover are roots and connect are spirit to Africa. This is more divine then cycles of transformation since the process is spiritual and mental, connecting us past space and time, location and language, ideology and positionality, this spirit transcends borders and time zones and cannot be explained by western science, therefore Africa is not only geographical, it rest in are spirit.

You can find Africa in Brooklyn, Washington D.C., Chicago, and Atlanta, it’s this spirit of a people that remembers are history did not start at slavery, and are beginning extends past the middle passage. We have been physically removed but spiritually attached which shines with great illumination in the Pan African Diaspora. As Pan African people we have kept mind and memory despite their attempt to kill and destroy are value system, we have kept spirit and soul through this dispersion, through this displacement and forcible dis-attachment from big momma, the mother of are mother’s mother mother we have remained resilient.

We have kept mind and memory but lost are ancestors language, lost are families and extended families immediate connection. We cannot go to the village of are ancestors carrying a unbroken line of names extending back hundreds of years, it was a point of falling apart, a rupture of this continuous thread, something imposed on the will of a continent of different peoples.

We are Black people, recognizing the power of being Black, the beauty of being Black, no longer accepting Western standards of beauty, blond hair, blue eyes, and white skin. This Blackness is a consciousness, through the darkness comes light, this light transcends division, location, and epistemology's. Theories and philosophers give it no justice, mis-educated and skeptics give it no truth. Black consciousness is the mastery of meditation and deep concentration, and is the endless pit of love for your people, the mediation between warring Black souls, the thirst for collective improvement, and the connection to all Black people across the planet, making Black consciousness a cultural spirit that is more spiritual then material.

The term Black represents resistance to the current paradigm; the bad connotation of the term has been from racism, fear, and hatred. Black power was never a reaction to white power, but a response to the lack of Black unity. White supremacy did not create Black power the Black community embraced the term because it represented a change from being labeled Negroes. We recognized the beauty in are skin tones, are multiple complexions while still knowing inside this melanin, this permanent tan comes from the mother land of Africa.

We responded sharply and it spread like seeds from a elephants trunk, with electricity we pronounced the shift, we felt dignity and self respect in proudly shouting "Black everything," this meant no longer denying are vibrant hair, ebony phonetic, and creative learning styles. This meant closing ranks, creating Black organizations, supporting Black schools and businesses, and voting Black. In fact Black was the epitome of style, to smooth to be rough, tougher then leather, even stronger when we all hung together. Black was the totality of the human soul and expression, the world loved are hymns, revered are leaders, and saw us as the redeemers of humanity. We never forgot big momma, we kept mind and memory, and through dreams and unconscious reoccurrences we still practice the spirit of Africa, despite not being geographically there.

When Africa cries, we hurt, just like extended family we have a historical time line of aligning ourselves with the motherland, and this must become a reciprocal family relationship and alliance. Then when Africa says we need you to return, we will whole heartedly organize by the masses and help rebuild, however we will remain Black, since are unique experience has created two homelands, two battle fields, are destiny is a liberated Africa, therefore are strategic position must be in the belly of the beast, that is this great illusion we call America. One cannot understand this responsibility if they have not experienced the thousand lashes, the strong tug of a noose, and the physical separation of immediate and extended family.

We can trace are heritage but not return under the same conditions, we have been gone to long, the village names are the same, but no longer carried by the people are minds and memory once held, laughed, and cried with. Unlike Africans from Africa, Black's in America, Caribbean, West Indies, and Brazil have forgot are lineage name and original tongue, but we have not forgot are peoples origins. We are African, and we are Black and proud, we are African in are ways of knowing and being, we are Black and beautiful, something more ancient then the Nile, it’s the universe, infinite wisdom; it is the creative force of the cosmos. We are at best Pan African previous scholars have concluded, not seeing the power in redefinition, reorientation, and the power of potential, and dynamics of constant change. We must realize the problems of defining ourselves based on European terms, isms once imposed. We must understand the power of negation and reclaim are best, because the current options are not sufficient, the words we use can no longer capture are complete essence, explain the complete story of are being, guide us to ultimate liberation.

This is true on both fronts, both Africa’s, and colonialism is the blame and imperialism is its trusty manager. We must not get bogged down on theories, philosophies, and ideologies that bring muddled confusion and little if any practical solutions or progress; we must heal through action not scholarly debates heavenly condensed in hubs, small groups deciding the direction of the masses of Black people and Pan-African people of the world as if leaders can move without the people, when it is the people who choose the leader. We must speak of Black consciousness, and African solidarity, we must create movements that bridge the gap, this deliberate divide, and create real unity amongst are people all over the world that identify with this consciousness, this ability to exercise full control over are own destiny with one mind, one body, and one goal, total liberation for future generations.

Cannot found where I put the bookmark for the page that I found it in.
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another nut????
1st post was - "Help!! they say AE is black".
2nd post is this - BP, BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHERE HE GOT IT FROM

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forum Lord Sauron.

Try to ignore the noise from xyyman types. There's one born everyday on ES.

I hope you find the knowledge you are looking for [Smile] .

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy registered in Feb 2005 [Roll Eyes]

yeah welcome [Wink]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ why are you always attacking the people either sharing vital knowledge or looking for it?

I thought you were one of us. I thought you were Black.

Obviously nots [Big Grin] .

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Cute! pardon the pun. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] . (in reference to your recent gay postings.

When have I attacked anyone sharing knowledge? I have respect for the sages here including Rasol and DJ. Whom I may sometimes disagree with(which is who you are probably refering to). I respect their knowledge. And I am an E3a.

Regarding the "new" poster - the guy lost 3 yrs of vital knowledge. He registered in 2005. where was he?

And are you the attack dog for these "vets". If you haven't noticed most can take care of themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by Hori:
^ why are you always attacking the people either sharing vital knowledge or looking for it?

I thought you were one of us. I thought you were Black.

Obviously nots [Big Grin] .

AllixDarcy
Member # 15670

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AllixDarcy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This xyyman has a serious problem [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 34 | From: everywhere | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You went through the trouble to register to post this. . . . ?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please contribute something don't troll my thread.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You call this a thread?????? Let's see how fast this "thread" die.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Not so fast [Big Grin]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No offense, not that this thread isn't any good but I fail how it relates to the topic of Ancient Egypt. It sounds like it belongs in blackplanet or something. I grow really tired of going from the fact of ancient Egyptian black African identity to all of a sudden issues in the modern day black community.
Posts: 26422 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As written elsewhere, 'Ancient Egypt' is just the
name for this forum. It's really the Black Hole
(no relation to blackplanet or is it?).

If it's ancient Egypt you want to discuss then
make your hiatus to the Egyptology forum (though
you'll find it isn't really moderated either and it
goes off topic unanounced from time to time).

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti aka Dead Boodie wrote:

------------------------------
------------------------------

Then take your dirty philopeeeno hide on somewhere and fix your ass another tarantula burger. Your sorry ass is not even African. What's the matter? Your wretched dog dung island doesn't have any, 1. importance, 2. history, 3. culture?

BWAHAHAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
please don't troll my thread.

--------------------
state of mind

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
argay6999 scribbled:

Then take your dirty philopeeeno hide on somewhere...

So Filipinos are 'dirty'? And you're somehow clean?
quote:
..and fix your ass another tarantula burger.
Where my family is from we don't eat things like that but again I would eat spiders any time than male genitalia.

quote:
Your sorry ass is not even African. What's the matter? Your wretched dog dung island doesn't have any, 1. importance, 2. history, 3. culture?

BWAHAHAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I may not be African or of African descent but so what? At least I know more about African culture and contribute to this forum unlike YOU!

All of this coming from this guy?!:
 -

*sigh* why is this nasty nutty crackhead still here?

Posts: 26422 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Getting back to the topic of this thread, which really has been discussed before yes the color black was cosidered very differently in African cultures as it was in cultures of fair-skinned and especially white peoples where it was associated with negative forces.

The color black in Africa symbolized life, regeneration, and power. So it was true in Egypt where the ba spirit was depicted as black and so too were many gods.

Socio Africa
Member # 15692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Socio Africa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People often say "We're in the Black" when they are doing well financially.
I think black represents "Richness" of body and Soul. It represents "Completeness" and a "Whole/Wholistic" world.

I think this natural Supreme-ness of Black is reflected in the Y Chromosome Haplogroups and the world is moving towards "Wholistic-ness".

Deepak Chopra has a Youtube video about all this.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Does that mean the albinos will become extinct ?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com