EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Egmond Codfried: Djo Tongo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egmond Codfried: Djo Tongo
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I? Do you know any Djo Tongo jargon -- supposedly
dead now in Srnan but transplanted to der Nederlanden?

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I do not. Never heard of such a thing, be kind to inform us.

--------------------
Research everything, believe nothing.(Immanuel Kant)

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Don't sweat it. Djo Tongo is just another
Srnan lect like Papiamento but the latter is healthy
whereas the former is moribund.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what I have found out about Djo Tongo. It sounds like 'Dju Tongo,' which would mean 'Jewish Language.' I do not see a link with Amsterdam, but this is interesting. Can shed more light on regular Sranan Tongo.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It's a pity we have to play this strange game with false names as if we were criminals. I'm old school and will never get used to it. This brings the worse out in people. You have the advantage because you know my name. I have to guess who you might be and what you are doing.

http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium/zebedee/67/hist.htm

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com