EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Great Harlem Debate: Is Obama Good For Black People?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Great Harlem Debate: Is Obama Good For Black People?
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Anyone been there???

http://www.voxunion.com/?p=542

Love the rap intro [Smile]

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo!

Good stuff at ca. 45min to 57 min.

You rock!! sister [Smile]

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow,

Get real people! Michelle Obama is not the president! Her husband is the president.

LOL!

DevilNegrokiller_Wolofi
Member # 15898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevilNegrokiller_Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
 -

Anyone been there???

http://www.voxunion.com/?p=542

Love the rap intro [Smile]

*kisses Arwa on the cheek* this was EXCELLENT thank you for posting it.

Are you in Somalia or in Europe and also I have meet another Somali that like Yonis said he was not black is this common in Somalia or an aberration?

Posts: 152 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
^ I don't know where you get the impression that Somali people don't consider themselves Blacks. I am Somali and I proud of my heritage- that is my culture, religion and skin colour. Maybe you are confusing with that Somali people are very patriotic and *racists* when it comes to intermarriage, which leads to outcast of the Somali community, and btw also if that person marries another Muslim, even a devout Muslim.

You have to understand that most Somali people are nomads, which means that the only way to survive the harsh condition is to stick together -- and I don't mean cousin-marriage tradition and very seldom you will find these kind of marriage among Somali people--, and let say if a Somali marries someone from another culture, then it is very hard to integrate that person, particularly when it comes to nomad culture.

Another example where a clash between two cultures can occur is when it comes to parents-in-law. Even if the daughter is married, it does not lead to complete disconnection from her parents. She is still part of the family, and I think a man from another culture will have difficulties to understand it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com