EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Hello Black men of this forum!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello Black men of this forum!!!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if you could imagine to date a white chick or perhaps you did already before.

More importantly would you marry her? Singer Seal comes to mind who hooked up with Heidi Klum and they seem to be very happy together.

-

How would your own family react? If they are against this union would you break up with her or fight for your love (okay you can see at least now that I am female [Wink] )??

Or are you completely against interracial relationships and wouldn't give a white woman even a second of your time.

If so why do you prefer black women? What are the differences??

I'd like to hear your opinions on this subject.

Keep it civil, guys, I AM A LADY!! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morpheus
Member # 16203

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had several White girlfriends. My mom gives me the impression that she would prefer that I marry a Black woman. She is not enthusiastic about interracial marriage and feels that many Black men date outside their race because of a forbidden fruit mentality and don't have pride in their race.

I've told her several times that I couldn't careless about skin color it is personality that matters. I find a variety of women beautiful so my attraction isn't restricted by race. I see no reason to limit my options. I think that many Black men feel this way.

Let's be realistic. In America White people out number Black people by a ratio of about 10:1. That means that there are far more White women in America than there are Black women. So when a Black man gets in social settings where most of the women are White the chance of them ending up with a White woman increases. Do some Black men have a forbidden fruit mentality and put White women on a pedestal? Sure, but that doesn't mean all do.

I make my own decisions about who I associate with so what my family thinks of interracial marriage is irrelevant. But my parents aren't extreme enough that they could not stand the idea of me marrying a White woman. It's usually White parents who are more outraged at the idea. White girls have told me that their father would kill them if they dated a Black guy, even though they were interested.

Posts: 647 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heidi is with him cas hes damn hot.. i would do him too. sorry boys but black men and arab men have suckable lips.. thats y we white women like em.. ooo and nice tight big asses...
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would marry .. but we'd probably need really good chemistry and love for eachother.

If marriage happened it wouldn't have been something expected or planned for on my end -- race is still an issue and concern as far as being married and having a family goes.

Some of the fam of mine might (or probably would) have a few thoughts on it but they'd respect it (and have to), and if her's thought anything of it other than to the point we didn't deal with them cuz it threatened us, they'd just learn to deal withit.

quote:
I've told her several times that I couldn't careless about skin color it is personality that matters. I find a variety of women beautiful so my attraction isn't restricted by race. I see no reason to limit my options. I think that many Black men feel this way.

Let's be realistic. In America White people out number Black people by a ratio of about 10:1.

I was gonna say! the same thing -- of course not (to limit your options), we're a minority after all.

At the same time there is one reason, the poisining of society we live in -- that's why there might have to be great love or great chemistry 4 me imo.

For some reason i tend to attract white women.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrome-Soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatbox said: For some reason i tend to attract white women.

Chrome says: yea its the same with me and my circle of friends. Except for a few of my homies actively seek them out. As for me, Well im an equal opportunist. What ever type of fish happens to take the bait is gettin reeled in.

As for as my family goes, my parents wouldn't really care though they would probably make alot of jokes about it., my grandmother would have loved to see me marry a white chick.

Posts: 189 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White women, what about you?

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my dad would have killed me if i dated or had anything to do with a black man. u kno how people from Texas and Louisiana are.. well they are still racists after all these yrs...
i was disowned by my nana cas i had children out of wedlock.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dirk8:
Sadly, the Black Sisters Are Usually The Losers, because they can't find enough suitable partners. And, if they could, they would stab every black man who dated a white/asian/other type of woman. Some in fact are witches and have done horrible deeds. [Big Grin]

You're bullshitting as usual. Virtually every black girl I've asked out has turned out to already have a boyfriend, and I've asked out at least a dozen.

Personally, I don't mind black men dating white women per se. Leaves more black girls for me.

Posts: 7073 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,as a man who has been all over the place and has been involved with all kinds of women from all the continents,i can tell you,that a womwn is a woman.whether black,white,brown or whatever,where i was brought up in tropical africa,we were taught NEVER deny a woman ANYTHING,whatever or whoever she may be,any woman must be handled with tender loving care and treated with respect,And given whatever she wants and more(If she can handle it [Wink] )Finally,there is no sweet love like a love of a woman.
Cheers!

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonP:
quote:
Sadly, the Black Sisters Are Usually The Losers, because they can't find enough suitable partners. And, if they could, they would stab every black man who dated a white/asian/other type of woman. Some in fact are witches and have done horrible deeds. [Big Grin]

You're bullshitting as usual. Virtually every black girl I've asked out has turned out to already have a boyfriend, and I've asked out at least a dozen.

Personally, I don't mind black men dating white women per se. Leaves more black girls for me.

but alot of black women want white men which is fine by me cas i do not want white men.
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus:
I've had several White girlfriends. My mom gives me the impression that she would prefer that I marry a Black woman. She is not enthusiastic about interracial marriage and feels that many Black men date outside their race because of a forbidden fruit mentality and don't have pride in their race.

Let's be realistic. In America White people out number Black people by a ratio of about 10:1. That means that there are far more White women in America than there are Black women. So when a Black man gets in social settings where most of the women are White the chance of them ending up with a White woman increases. Do some Black men have a forbidden fruit mentality and put White women on a pedestal? Sure, but that doesn't mean all do.

Exactly.
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black women don't know what to do when the clock hits zero. When it's time for action.

That's why white women take the trophy arms down. At least that's what I've heard. I haven't had one since 2002 [Big Grin]

Just generalising though.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Don't quote me on that. [Big Grin] Honestly, I don't remember all my escapades. I thought I had been clean for 3 years but then I remembered I attended a wedding back home end of last year and there were these Muslim bridesmaids at the hotel and then I don't remember the rest of it. sorry [Big Grin]

--------------------
Are we going somewhere or are you going to keep annoying me with your boring lectures professor-warrior??

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am a globe trotter..and I have yet to kick any woman out of bed because of "race"..how ever it would be nice to have someone who understand and accept your culture...ie food,music,interests,etc and not just you all by yourself and reject the things that made you..you. as far as familiy goes no one would bat an eye..just as long as you take care of their son.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayland
Member # 16060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I wonder if you could imagine to date a white chick or perhaps you did already before.

More importantly would you marry her? Singer Seal comes to mind who hooked up with Heidi Klum and they seem to be very happy together.

-

How would your own family react? If they are against this union would you break up with her or fight for your love (okay you can see at least now that I am female [Wink] )??

Or are you completely against interracial relationships and wouldn't give a white woman even a second of your time.

If so why do you prefer black women? What are the differences??

I'd like to hear your opinions on this subject.

Keep it civil, guys, I AM A LADY!! [Wink]

I am a guy. In the course of life, due to the social networks built up, (churches, friends, friends of friends, etc) 90% of the credible female prospects a typical black guy will meet are other black women. That's just the way it is. So the deck is stacked against interracial unions just from a purely social standpoint without any racism being involved. Same thing can be said for your average white guy. So right off the bat because of those social networks, 'mixed' black/white marriages will be a minority in the forseable future. Black women for all practical purposes, overall, have a lock on the black male market despite a lot of dubious drama about "theft of all the good men."

As for dating, I've dated white females in the past, and will again. I've also used some Internet dating sites, and I started out contacting mostly black women. Then I found out something. The black women could care less if you were a brother. They deleted your mail on arrival, just like everyone else. They sent few courtesy replies that were built into the service. No doubt they have had bad experiences with "playas" and the Nigerian scammers that plague these sites, but I was surprised when I also found something else out. While 85% of the women I contacted were black, I got a HIGHER response rate proportionately from white women than "my own people." So now I have stopped being "loyal to the race" and will date who I want to date, leaving that behind. If Seal is happy with Heidi, or Tiger with the Swedish girl, more power to the brothers. It is too late in the day now to be talking bout "loyalty."

And on marriages, the fastest growing segment of B-W interaccial unions is not Black men-White women but Black women-Other men, up now to almost 40% as a percentage of those who marry out. Don't take my word for it- the census data is there. See:
http://archive.salon.com/mwt/feature/2003/02/05/mixed/

So black women themselves are stepping out, particularly the young, educated ones, without children. This is bound to increase over time. One last thing. There is a lot fo fantasy drama out there about "all the high income black men" seeking only "trophy" white blondes. This is bull. Most interracial unions do not involved these alleged legions of "selfish" "high income black men" but ordinary, regular folks. Ordinary soldiers in the US military for example are a prime source of interracial marriages. High profile, high income entertainers and sports figures are a chump change minority on this landscape.

Posts: 73 | From: Bolville | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I beg to differ that black women have a lock on the black male "market".

In my "circle" of friends that I sometimes hang out with, which is *very* small (I'm a loner most days), I am seen as the militant guy who only dates black women (mtDNA aside [Big Grin] ) and my wife is not exactly the model of black... but this just goes to show that in the Western world, white women hold all the advantages when it comes to men.

I think African women (and men) need to start being pro-active if they want their children not to be assimilated into Western societies and I for one am very impressed at what some folks are doing [Wink]

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clint if you live in the West-assuming you and your family are not recent immigrants from Africa then "YOU" are the West.maybe you can re-word that to mean you want your kids not drift from the local culture in their immidate surroundings..and to maintain aspects of African culture that servives amongst them.but guess what??? aspects of African culture servives amongst whites too weither they know it or not.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Wayland:

Yeah i agree about that "high income educated" thing.

I actually find educated white women more open to interracial but usually with some one on their level of class or at least a good person.

BUT it happens in all classes now.

That myth is just thrown out there to further stake a divide between our educated class and hood class women, though they still dibble dabble almost as much as white chicks hang around ghetto dudes.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:

lol, all minority guys dating white women does is leave less women for dudes who only date white women (which are mostly white men) and YOU know it! You are the type that could never get with a black woman and so lose out in this situation. And it also leave less black men, but i might say there is a wide spectrum of women after us [Big Grin] and either way you slice it there are more majority white men left out than minority black women.

quote:

@ Brandon, your success evidently depends on hte area you go to. The subject came up among a few buddies and it seems to depend on region, but here last year i actually saw more wm/bw couples (mostly teens and young adults) than the reverse. Normally wouldn't have noticed -- since i'd been alive you'd see them once in a while, but most of the time they're older/middle age looking, now i see all ages. Then again growing up as a child it wasn't like i was out at night often, and i'd see them at amusement parks, but there still seems to be alot more now.
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Clint if you live in the West-assuming you and your family are not recent immigrants from Africa then "YOU" are the West.maybe you can re-word that to mean you want your kids not drift from the local culture in their immidate surroundings..and to maintain aspects of African culture that servives amongst them.but guess what??? aspects of African culture servives amongst whites too weither they know it or not.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -
Havn't seen this movie how was it ???

Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Haven't seen it either.

"All's fair when love is war"

That's cold. Not for me.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Yeah!!I donno sounds like a chick flick with lots o cat fights.rrreeeeooww [Big Grin]
Whatbox
Member # 10819

yeah me neither

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Brada-Anansi cannot be trusted.

--------------------
Are we going somewhere or are you going to keep annoying me with your boring lectures professor-warrior??

JMT2
Member # 16951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Why don't you tell the truth and say the women you allegedly asked out rejected you all twelve times. And judging from your busted looking profile I can understand why.

I hate to be the bearer of truth but the vast majority of black women don't want anything to do with white boys. Don't fool yourself into believing otherwise. Black women naturally gravitate toward the black mans charisma, swagger, and spiritual energy we brothers possess, and vice versa. That said, Black men like myself don't want anything to do with the few and downcast black women who fall victim to the ruse of divide and conquer in a system of racial hierarchy.

Black women who may stumble out of bounds generally are domineering, gold diggers, driven by material possessions, superficial, suffering from self-hatred issues, hatred of the statistical black male, and are removed from the black experience. Self-respecting black men pray for these women and recognize this grave condition and would rather not have anything to do with such women who fit this novelty.

Honestly though it's rather amusing to see the few black women who try to court interracial always appear to punk these white boys in the "relationship". Why is that? So if your motive is to be a black womans bitch, go right ahead.

Posts: 191 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Well said man.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
 -
Havn't seen this movie how was it ???

i watched it and it was one hell of a good movie u must see it..
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JMT2:
quote:

Why don't you tell the truth and say the women you allegedly asked out rejected you all twelve times. And judging from your busted looking profile I can understand why.

I hate to be the bearer of truth but the vast majority of black women don't want anything to do with white boys. Don't fool yourself into believing otherwise. Black women naturally gravitate toward the black mans charisma, swagger, and spiritual energy we brothers possess, and vice versa. That said, Black men like myself don't want anything to do with the few and downcast black women who fall victim to the ruse of divide and conquer in a system of racial hierarchy.

Black women who may stumble out of bounds generally are domineering, gold diggers, driven by material possessions, superficial, suffering from self-hatred issues, hatred of the statistical black male, and are removed from the black experience. Self-respecting black men pray for these women and recognize this grave condition and would rather not have anything to do with such women who fit this novelty.

Honestly though it's rather amusing to see the few black women who try to court interracial always appear to punk these white boys in the "relationship". Why is that? So if your motive is to be a black womans bitch, go right ahead.

Congratulations on being yet another example of the racist SOBs that infest these forums.
Posts: 7073 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT2
Member # 16951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JMT2:
quote:

Congratulations on being yet another example of the racist SOBs that infest these forums.
Racist? lol. Not a word I said was racist. I know you want to believe that to give yourself legitimacy...embolden yourself. But truth of the matter is I read enough of your drivel to understand that it is YOU who is racist and you don't even realize it.

You live in N. Cal among the white "liberal" enclave. I also live in Cali so I have an understanding about those who peg themselves liberal. And to tell you the truth, you are just as racist as your white conservative counterparts. You're also full of ****. Contending with the racial bias of liberals proved to be more difficult because these suburban sophisticates sheathed themselves in worldliness and benevolence rather than outright ignorance.

Critiques of whiteness slides off your backs as though you were protected by a Teflon body armor. And so I offer the following list of misunderstandings that many white liberals have about race. The frequency with which I encounter these misunderstandings makes the posture of liberal enlightenment seem halfway farcical and all the more crucial to confront. A critique of whiteness should extend beyond electoral politics. But explain to me how does boasting about your wishful fantasies as a white boy of sexing a nonwhite woman make you less racist? Strom Thurmond managed the contradiction fairly well.

I also noticed a liberal technique is to eschew a discussion of race in favor of one of "class." The implicit, and sometimes explicit, argument is that race (or "identity politics") holds the Left back from what oppresses people and furthermore assumes that constructions of class and race are separate, rather than being intertwined.

liberals who voted for Obama pretend they're not racist. Nobody is racist anymore (whites are post-racial now lol). Liberals are often scared of calling other white people racist. Even Frank Rich of the New York Times defended the Republican candidates' snubbing of a debate at a historically black university as not racist but, rather, as "out of touch" (then again, Rich admitted he was a frequent guest on Don Imus' radio show).

Too often, the "not racist" is equated with not conservative and not Southern - by thinking in binaries, liberals want excuse themselves from criticism by pointing to the greater evil. Rush Limbaugh is really just an overly medicated red herring punk to the privileges of white liberals. The liberal establishment, everyone from the Democratic Party to the Huffington Post, fails the anti-racism test by merely paying lip service to racial oppression while maintaining a predominantly white constituency. They remain complicit with the belief that whites know better and therefore should talk louder and much more often. Liberals like yourself who are insecure about whether you are racist or not, when you have to choose between black and white, you'll will choose black, because you don’t want to see yourselves or to create the impression in others that you are racist. This is racist in itself. Of course, this type of behavior is not the moral equivalent of scornful racism, but it played a role in everyday life.

In light of that, the thing is this. When push comes to shove, many patronizing liberal racist end up in the same camp as bad hearted racist, when they are challenged or scared.

Posts: 191 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayland
Member # 16060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clint-:
I beg to differ that black women have a lock on the black male "market".

In my "circle" of friends that I sometimes hang out with, which is *very* small (I'm a loner most days), I am seen as the militant guy who only dates black women (mtDNA aside [Big Grin] ) and my wife is not exactly the model of black... but this just goes to show that in the Western world, white women hold all the advantages when it comes to men.

I think African women (and men) need to start being pro-active if they want their children not to be assimilated into Western societies and I for one am very impressed at what some folks are doing [Wink]

I don;t think it shows that white women hold ALL the advantages, although it is not surprising that in mostly white societies, such women would hold the bulk of advantage. It is not a pure monopoly. If this were so, then the high number of Asian women-white man marriages would not exist. What it shows is that in general, overall, there is no really big market for black men out there except among black women. Given the state of black males in general (I am speaking in general here) in terms of education, income, prospects etc, if black women are having trouble, you can bet that white women are not beating down the door for black men, Sure there are individual exceptions, but overall, interracial marriages are actually declining in America. The only significant increase is Asian women- white men.
White male-Asian female marriages are the most common interracial marriage, comprising 20
percent of all Asian females marriages and 35 percent for domestic-born Asian women.
http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=b12af0443df40a6cd257622fab033219&from=rss

Black IR unions may look impressive at first glance but only because there has been a low base to begin with- from Jim Crow and legal bans against interracial unions in many states just a scant 40 years ago, to the freedom of today. Overall however, black white marriage rates are quite small, the smallest of any group, and the upward trend is among black women not men. So for all intents and purposes, black women in general, have a lock on the black male market.

The main problem however is not simply "shortages" of "good black men." Shortages are one factor, but data in an detailed study of the issue, points to another bigger problem that few are willing to talk about. It is all well and good to bash black men for creating "shortages", but the real issue is thus obscured.

The fact is that fewer and fewer black women are getting married. Its not what black women say but their actions that counts. Co-habitation and out of wedlock pregnancy is much more accepted by black women than it was in the black community in the 1960s. "Evil" white women "stealing all the good men" is a laughable myth. White women aren't beating down the door for black men in the real world outside "Maury". Let's be real. Black women have a lock on the market, but they are not insisting on marriage as their sisters did in the past. See:

(The decline in marriage among African Americans: causes, consequences"
http://books.google.com/books?id=omSojZkFTA0C&pg=PA138&lpg=PA138&dq=decline+of+interracial+marriages&source=bl&ots=ZThOAG74pg&sig=A8QGzW156GTrhbgikJ2sQOi5Do4&hl=en&ei=eDm8Su-5GpKe8 Ab3wbGSDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5#v=onepage&q=interracial&f=false )
By M. Belinda Tucker, Claudia Mitchell-Kerna

See also http://majorsmatter.net/race/PM/PMBrown.pdf where the researcher shows that military veterans being more likely to have interracial marriages than nonveterans.

Those are the facts, but some go farther to argue that by going in more for co-habitation and out of wedlock situations, black women are creating baggage complications (ex-boyfriends, children, lower incomes, more debt) that lower their market value for the more desirable black males. By their very behavior, many black women are compounding their own problems across the board, and those of black women in general. A decent black woman who wants to get married has a lot of competition, but not from the dramatic but mythical "thieving white woman". The main competition is OTHER black women willing to give it up for free, or at very low cost. That creates more baggage down the road, which lowers the desirability and market value of all black women across the board, the argument goes.

Is this argument a sound one? Are black women lowering their own market value and hurting the prospects of the sisterhood by their own behavior? Or are selfish black men to blame as others contend?

Posts: 73 | From: Bolville | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good points there Clyde/Wayland... much of it is true but I believe the picture is different in some places. If we have a look at London (UK) alone, I think the picture might be a bit different.

The better black women struggle in London for decent guys that's for sure. I worked with a Nigerian girl at the same time I was working with the Apres-Scee - she was not the prettiest of women but aside from that she was quite hot (body wise). At the time I met her she had just seperated from her husband (they have a daughter) and she was desperate for a rebound. She was 8 years older than I and there she was literally begging...I felt sorry for her so I offered her the pipe [Big Grin] but she wanted the real stuff (i.e. serious relationship) which I couldnt give her at the time. I became good friends with her for a while and she told me to tell my sis (who she somehow knew...) to "hold on to her man" because good black men are hard or damn-near impossible to find in the UK. This was very enlightening because I could easily find 10 beautiful decent black women around me if I wanted to - and they would be single and available.

What I think the real problem is though is that the so-called "good men" are invisible. Most black men (even when very well educated) struggle to make good money in the UK and that's what women equate with "good".

I think the moral of the story is this: Women are only ever interested in two things "Money" and "Dick" (forgive my bad language but it gets the point across).

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayland
Member # 16060

Rate Member
Lol on your blunt assessment.. [Smile]

And thanks for adding that additional perspective, outside the US. Based on what you have seen, would you say that black women in the UK have less of a lock on the black male market, compared to the US situation? In the US IR marriages are about 10% for blacks- 6% of the males out-marry, and 4% of black women out-marry.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com