EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » OT: Shaka Zulu V William Wallace

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Shaka Zulu V William Wallace
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.spike.com/full-episode/william-wallace-vs/32222

Viking V.S Samurai
http://www.spike.com/full-episode/viking-vs-samurai/31558

Good Watch!!! I guess this Thread should be about Anciet Warfare of Africans and other cultures and how they would stand up against each other...

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalAfrikanSupremacy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lying Jews in the media created this B.S, it wasn't based on any scientific test the way they claim it to be. The Vikings were barbaric unintelligent war-mongering savages and Shaka Zulu with his superior black strategic skills would have sent that norse barbarian back to the cave he crawled from.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Vikings did not fight Shaka, he fought the Samurai. I think Shaka should have been put up against the Maurai Warriors due to their similarities in Culture.

Also there is some sources of Moors fighting Vikings.

The first Viking drakkars reached the Iberian Peninsula in 844 AD, some 50 years after their first expeditions hit hard the northwestern Europe. In this year, one Viking group looted Gijon (on the north coast) and disembarked at La Coruna, but they faced a tough response from the Asturian king Ramiro I, who for a moment neglected the fight with the Moors (Arabs) to deal with this danger.

The Vikings retired and in the next weeks they looted the neighborings of Lisbon before advancing on the river Guadalquivir and attacked Sevilla. But the Blammen ("Black Men", Arabs) defeated them at Tablada and the Vikings retreated to their northern home.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Viking-Attacks-and-the-Moorish-Spain-62632.shtml

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari,I often wondered why people in African studies have never written a book about traditional African war strategies. Not just the Zulus but other Africans that have an African warrior culture. Strategies based off folktales,oral epics and historical texts in both pre-colonial and colonial times. Something in the vein of Sun Tzu.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jeri..the fight match-up mano o mano was interesting some surprise weapons like the Dirk shield and the poison spray..but a full legions vs legions complete with battle field strategies would have been good,remember those same Zulus went up against the British some 50yrs or so later and delivered a crushing defeat at the battle of Isandlwanda.. and at other locations against modern fire power
 -
http://www.britishbattles.com/zulu-war/isandlwana.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tS9B7_2Gz0
watch the video clip and click on the link.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Jari,I often wondered why people in African studies have never written a book about traditional African war strategies. Not just the Zulus but other Africans that have an African warrior culture. Strategies based off folktales,oral epics and historical texts in both pre-colonial and colonial times. Something in the vein of Sun Tzu.

Me too, there is so much information and so many images that I can see a beautiful Book full of pictures and written accounts. Maybe someone on this site will make a Book like that!! [Smile]
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
,remember those same Zulus went up against the British some 50yrs or so later and delivered a crushing defeat at the battle of Isandlwanda.. and at other locations against modern fire power

Now imagine if they had the same technology in weapons and knew how to use it. I've always maintained that the best invention by the British was the cannon ball, everything else was stolen. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com