EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Best Documentary on Egypt Ive seen so far..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Best Documentary on Egypt Ive seen so far..
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt Chaos and Kings Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwqYjoOJ7Sc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1qGz5poyc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkpr2CfyQGU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm4dgYL0pVI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ytPhdiO738&feature=related

This Episode talks about Nabta Playa, Badarians, Reconstructs Herokonpolis..etc

Also mentions that Egyptians developed Writing BEFORE Mesopotamia, AND it developed in Upper Egypt.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I saw the entire 'Egypt Uncovered' series on BBC when it first came out about 10 years ago. Pretty much all the facts pointed out were discussed here first! LOL

What I found funny is that despite the very evidence they cite of Egypt having its beginnings in the African continent where it is located as well as almost *all* the murals and painted portraits of blacks, they still chose the stereotypical Arabesque Middle Eastern actors to play the parts of Egyptians.

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah so True!!! I like the series because unlike others it actually discusses Kush etc. Even talks about the Pyramids they created. But yeah its stuff we discussed here before.

But I def. like how they recreated the Deffufa and the city of Heirokonpolis. I don't care they used Arab actors as long as the info they present is on point.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
blah blah blah....

But I def. like how they recreated the Deffufa and the city of Heirokonpolis. I don't care they used Arab actors as long as the info they present is on point.

quote:
^^^^
Also alot of the so called Nubian people are really remants of the original Egyptians. From what I hear the Nubians or Lower Nubia consider themselves the Original Egyptians.

This boi has a lot of self-contradictions yet in him... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
WTF, How is that a Contradiction.???

You're comprehension skills are worse than I thought.

Go back to school little boy and grow the **** up and get the **** off my dick.

bitch ass been following me around for the past week on some fucking faggot ass **** for real...LOL.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty good so far. Thanks for sharing Jari!

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ I saw the entire 'Egypt Uncovered' series on BBC when it first came out about 10 years ago. Pretty much all the facts pointed out were discussed here first! LOL

What I found funny is that despite the very evidence they cite of Egypt having its beginnings in the African continent where it is located as well as almost *all* the murals and painted portraits of blacks, they still chose the stereotypical Arabesque Middle Eastern actors to play the parts of Egyptians.

There is no such thing as "blacks"

That's just racist stereotype that you constantly reinforce.

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lioness you have the most problem with the term blk but not a peep outta you about the terms white yellow or brown ...now why is that ???
Come on say it wid me... SAY IT LOUD IM BLK AND IM PROUD... [Big Grin]
 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VRSAVDlpDI

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

There is no such thing as "blacks"

That's just racist stereotype that you constantly reinforce.

Like I said yesterday, you can bicker about the title itself, but there is something objectively meassurable about what that title denotes, in all it's applications.

So there is indeed such a thing as ''blacks'', even if no person on earth is literally black.
There is a word for labels that don't entirely match what they denote, and it's called ''figurative''.

Ever considered going back to school?

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Lioness you have the most problem with the term blk but not a peep outta you about the terms white yellow or brown ...now why is that ???
Come on say it wid me... SAY IT LOUD IM BLK AND IM PROUD... [Big Grin]
 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VRSAVDlpDI

"white" is more erroneous
as well as "yellow"

We made a huge mistake with endorsing "I'm black and I'm proud"

because it said yes, we accept your skin color based identification system
now you have to accept us

I love James Brown but that was a huge mistake.

If he had said "I'm proud to be African" and turned it into a hit song that would have been huge advance.

Instead we got "negro" translated back into English and think it's an accomplishment
We are chumps for that

And for anybody who cries about that's denying you are American or something, that's false

You can call yourself African
Even if your family have been living in America for generations.
You can also at other times call yourself "African American" or just American.

You can freely switch between these because they are all true and it depends on context.

Does a Chinese person living in America always have to attach the word "American" every time they say they are Chinese?
No they can an do switch whenever they feel like between "Chinese" or "Chinese American" or "American"

One thing is for sure they don't call themselves "yellow"

Only we have done that because we are suckers

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is cute.. . . a first?

"Instead we got "negro" translated back into English and think it's an accomplishment"

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyarnese is mixed, looks white, but wants to be accepted as black.
She doesn't look the part and so finds offense with the term which excludes her pale complexion.
I think she may be a very smart 14 year old.

Lyarnese, we've always had blacks who could pass for white. We are diverse.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Really? So you've seen pictures of her or something? I was under the impression that she is all white. LOL

Also, I find it funny how the lyingass was able to divert the topic of this thread from the accuracy of the TV series 'Egypt Uncovered' to her discomfort with the label 'black' which she says is non-existent and a racist stereotype despite everything to the contrary. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't care they used Arab actors as long as the info they present is on point.

I do, care if Arab actors are used, assuming that by "Arab", that you are referring to the lighted-complexioned kinds common in the Gulf. Distortion of imagery as just as dangerous as disfiguring history in pen. How do you suppose Hollyweird and like-organizations around the world create this illusionary world of "white" ancient Egyptians? They reinforce what's distorted in pen, but realize that visual illusion in the form of TV images may even reach a wider audience than books probably can. Keeping that scenario in mind, which is more dangerous after all?
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great documentary.

Although, it was unfortunate and misleading for the majority of the AE population to be depicted as a light-complexioned Middle Eastern people despite the countless amount of dynastic depiction to the contrary.

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Yeah, Exporer and Siptah are right, it's just such a good documentary that they had to ruin it. More of us and folks like Bazil Davidson etc. need to make some Documentaries..
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best Documentary on Egypt and Sudan I have personally seen is "Nubian Spirit" Here is the Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7lxbAIiGA8

It was great because you saw Africans, Black and White Americans and Europeans speaking about the Nile valley and showing how these Civis came to be. It's the best Docu on Egypt Kush you can find.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com