EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Marc Washington radio interview/slideshow in Amsterdam - you are invited

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marc Washington radio interview/slideshow in Amsterdam - you are invited
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

To my knowledge, there has never been a slideshow coordinated with a radio broadcast.

That, however, will be attempted tomorrow afternoon in Amsterdam, the Netherlands with a selection of some 16 pages from the some 400 at my site.

You're invited to listen and comments positive and especially negative are welcome. Negative criticism is often the most helpful.

-

You can preview the slides at:
http://www.beforebc.de/T2.htm

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marc I'm trying to figure out your system for determining and unpainted sculpture is a black person.
Tell me how you can tell?

would you say that curly hair = black

or do you have to have wide noses and/or lips also

what is the methodology?

If there's a sculpture in question what are the steps involved?

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say there's no ironclad system. Judgment is involved and judgment can err. Furthermore, what's acceptable to one may not be acceptable to another.

For the most part, I rarely use any images I feel are equivocal, are gray-area. I try to find unequivocal images.

Curly hair in my view is relaxed kinky hair and of the sort you'd see in the offspring from someone with mixed parentage - black and white. Where hair is concerned, I look for individuals with woolly or wiry hair.

However, my mother and sister, while by birth having wiry, woolly hair will use relaxants sometimes and their hair becomes straight. Some Africans will not be noticed because they might on occasion have straight hair. Particularly on an unpainted sculpture.

I did a page on that subject once:

http://www.beforebc.de/Made.by.Humankind/Real.People/02-17Mx-02.html

Hope the comments were helpful.

Marc

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Marc.
Break-a-leg.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marc Washington:

To my knowledge, there has never been a slideshow coordinated with a radio broadcast.

That, however, will be attempted tomorrow afternoon in Amsterdam, the Netherlands with a selection of some 16 pages from the some 400 at my site.

You're invited to listen and comments positive and especially negative are welcome. Negative criticism is often the most helpful.

-

You can preview the slides at:

Marc

Good stuff. Sorry I could not get back earlier..
Lots of work in real life. But as always, you are the great teacher!

Lion!

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:

Thanks, Iron. Technology-wise, I have no idea how this slideshow will or won't work out. It's an experiment. But, thanks. We are all great teachers. Goodness. Just keep in mind that splendid up-to-date, state-of-the-art blog you created.

And Mike. It was your letter informing me that the radio station was trying to reach me in the first place (although he also got in touch with me via reaching my brother at a site for my father). I found out first from you.

Thanks.

Marc

--------------------

Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:

The radio broadcast ran smoothly. A number of listeners participated in radio's first (to my knowledge) interactive slideshow following the lecture outline.

They had to download the homepage twice and on one, click on the link to my talk outline. This enabled them to simultaneously hear the stream and bounce back and forth between the talk and the chronologically ordered slides on the menu.

The new learning tool had/has the added feature of remaining online (at the station) and listeners are still downloading the site and going through the talk outline. This is unexpected but shows that those who miss a program can return at their leisure and those who listened but want to return to some point can do so when convenient to them.

-

Only the first 16 slides were part of the show.

--------------------

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice. How did you set it up? Do you interview
someone, then upload the recorded audio or video
as a flash file for streaming, like Youtube? or a
regular Flash file or RealPlayer file streamed on a
web site? Or is it a live sort of webcast? What's
the software?

Also what is the 30-year cycle in the intro video clip?

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
That above page is here:

http://www.kheperaradio.com/pagina3.html

There was no recorded audio or video or Youtube. No regular flash file for streaming like Youtube. He interviewed me live on my mobile phone while I sat in my living room in New Jersey and he was in his studio in Amsterdam.

The interview was closely choreographed and we worked off of a script we developed in conjunction with the slideshow (pages from my site).

It was unbelievably simple and we rehearsed it before hand last Saturday doing a complete dry-run.

Mobile in hand, script and mouse in front of me, I read through the script while simultaneously (along with the host and any listener/participator) chronologically clicking back-and-forth through the menu.

NEW EDUCATIONAL POSSIBILITY: If the interview audio were uploaded (so, it's not uploaded now and maybe won't be) to simultaneously download the interview audio and download the menu page

and click through the menu at the same pace it's done on the audio file.

Back to what actually happened. It was really so simple and uses the simplest technology. Nobody has to know anything to use this method.

Me, a black guy, was the inventor of this method and the first to use it.

But, anyone can do it. All you need it well-organized material in some (any subject) on the internet.

Then, if a radio station wanted to interview someone, they'd make a common script with links to the site the interviewee wants to bring to the audience's attention.

You, Zarahan, if interviewed on radio, could do the same with all your material.

If you were going to explain about Y-chromosome and mtdna subjects (which remains Greek to me), I'd listen to your broadcast.

--------------------

Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:

Actually, the 30-year cycle is totally foreign to me. Never heard of it before.

That is the host's project.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com