EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » >>>>>Face Recognition Software: ancient Egyptian/Celebrity matchups

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: >>>>>Face Recognition Software: ancient Egyptian/Celebrity matchups
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

http://celebrity.myheritage.com/FP/Company/try-face-recognition.php

^^^^Try this program from myheritage.com

It matches famous celebrities with any photo you upload. -for free

steps:

0) hit upload or browse,
you can't do it yet,
first you have to register you will be asked to register. Then register-you don't even have to go to your email to confirm. Hit skip "offers' if you want. Now you're ready

1) right click on a photo of your choice perhaps an ancient Egyptian sculpture. Then save to desktop

2) at the site hit browse and locate the photo you just saved, hit "open"
then hit "run face recognition" . It's all pretty self explanatory, very easy

Example:

-

Queen Tiye

select Celebrity matches for Queen Tiye:

-

-
yes Joan Crawford also came up, sorry apparently the software doesn't detect melanin. There is some resemblance otherwise

*note, I had to try four slightly different pictures of the same Queen Tiye sculpture to get one to recognized. Other times it works on first try.
-also when it's processing a generic woman's head pops up, disregard it's always the same, not the real recognition to follow.
I couldn't copy the celebrity matches from their site so I just went in google and found some other pictures of them, perhaps even better to match the Queen Tiye- but the same people that the software said were matches, Tyra Banks, Joan Crawford and others

when the small celebrity match picture comes up, under are small forward and backwards buttons the forward button shows other matches for you photo. Also showing is a match scale which show to what degree it matches

Posts: 43014 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Junk In/Junk Out!

--------------------
Melanin King 4Shared Ebook and video depository;
http://www.4shared.com/u/vprmsqkz/1027fc89/melaninking.html

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes we make race bigger than it needs to be; i catch general similarities and white folk similar to friends & fam in physical appearance, behavior and voice not too in-often.

I'd victoriously bet even indigenous folks from the most distant regions on the rock we call may (like any two different individuals) have different qualities (complexion, eye shape, whatever) but let's not forget there's a lot that overlaps between distant and different populations as well.

The very subject of this thread, ancient Egyptians' morphologies, have tended to confuse their studiers time and again. In ways their bodies are described as having been hyper-tropical and in others they, though still in the range of the tropics, are on the other end of that scale. As evidenced in one of the top / stickied threads in this AncientEgypt section of this forum (the "Susan Anton" one) their make up is "very unmistakably African" in ways and also contains features not limited to Africa and even perhaps more common in populations in Eurasia and elsewhere.

Tiye's nose protrudes outwards as does the latter actress's from lioness's post. It's funny -- i and others i know have / can point out cross racial similarities in individuals to friends of the those individuals who then recognize them.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 43014 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh, that's weird. I do see the resemblance with Joan Crawford, interesting.

--------------------
L Writes:

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com