EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Is there any Benefit to having a Spirit of Revenge?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there any Benefit to having a Spirit of Revenge?
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of a nagging curiosity, this seems to be a Horus archetype as per AE.

Isn't this just a self-destructive disposition at best?

Any opinions?

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just destructive and yeah, i guess i see where you could say it's self destructive cuz you're (or you could be) letting something determine what you're gonna do.

I do not see this story as just simply being one of revenge though.

I understand the Osiris - Horus story outline is less often seen as being symbolic though obvious allegory but I see it as being just as symbolic.

What I mean is -- Osiris obviously was the rightful owner of the Kingdom and in the end somehow comes back to life to train Horus in battle so is never really killed. Osiris being murdered underhandedly is a problem, if we simply *restart* an Osiris the same thing could happen. Set is an *extant* problem not a past one and so Horus is out to correct the problem.

I too have seen the conflicts between what Horus supposedly stands for and how Set is supposed to be his opposite and yet how he can defeat him without becoming him.

But you see Set is ignorant.

As he couldn't just come right out against anyone and needed their own cooperation in some sort of way he often deceives them whether it's the story of Osiris's Kingdom or his the food party for "Nephew Horus" attempted rape story. He's often playing by different rules and ignores wills like when he tried to sexually assault Isis and ejaculated on the ground and was ridiculed by her.

Horus plays by Set's own rules. Yeah he stealthily does some things too, like with the sand which but Set ate it, Horus was not the one trying to get sexually assaulted by Set earlier on in a surprise attack while Horus lied down.

I think even if you can afford to, are just doing it on a whim, and are successful someone still gets the raw end and then it's your doing. If you're unsuccessful that's more salt for you. These things are easy to say but emotions can be a powerful compelling feeling. The key is to remember it is something owning you that needs not to be owning you.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you "Whatbox" for your input.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is institutionalized criminal justice system supported by a spirit of revenge?

By the way forgot to mention the story of Horus, Set and the rock in which they host of them said to use rocks to race on the river despite this conflicting with the laws of nature. Can't remember if they deceptively wanted neither of them to win but Horus races on something made of wood painted as rock to be qualified, Set sinks and Horus wins.

Can't remember if this was Horus or Young Horus.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com