EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » black History In Perspective

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: black History In Perspective
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Growing up I was not particularly into History. As a subject I found it dry and boring until we began learning about "juicier" stuff and alien histories (those of other nations and continents) but still basically find it dry and boring. I was much more into math and science.

One thing that was annoying, and this is outside of History class, were the few times I would witness someone -- a black adult, usually female -- puke out their insides, collapse and die on the ground in pity when talking about black trials and tribulations. Pain and anguish may make for a good musician, but even music monotonous in that way gets beyond stale. It's just not fly enough when the true story and original one I was is one of being faced with many set backs and challenges with which to resilliantly overcome and perservere. One that motivates you to be as greatful and kind to any kindness you may receive and as solid to any storms you may face.

The whole black pride thing isn't that interesting to most blacks including myself and we see it as unnecessary. A few of us might have an interest for black / african -agent history (not subject history) and anthro. though when it's mostly brushed aside probably due to how ugly the most recent history has been.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com