EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What the heck happened to my thread?! "new data from Nabta Playa"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What the heck happened to my thread?! "new data from Nabta Playa"?
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007398;p=1#000000

^^That was a great thread that I'd posted in the Egyptology section yet it is no longer there?! Why?! I definitely can't replicate all of the posts that were contributed and there was some great data debunking Ian Shaw! This never happens, what's going on?! Why are the more important threads getting thrashed like this while the "Negrocentrist", "Afronut", and "Rahotep101" threads all still alive and kicking like no body's business?

I'm seriously trying here!

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Sundjata
Member # 13096

If it was not done accidentally by ausar (which would be unusual since he hasn't done so in the past), I demand to know how and why it was deleted!
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#1 stop seriously trying here, this place is not serious

#2 find the remnants of your thread with this exact search key
"new data from nabta playa"

#3 there is no rhyme nor reason to the axe thread algorithm

#4 welcome to the club of we who've seen our good stuff axed and trivial bullshit fly high

#5 good luck getting a satisfying answer, I never have

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

*sign*, I see that now. Thanks a lot for the tip since I did find SOME of the thread intact after finding the google cache. Seems the need for our independence is getting more urgent. Sorry I went "psycho" for a second, really Egmond's constant bumps from another of his nonsense threads were annoying me, coupled with this frustration.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I can't help but feel a conspiracy here regardless how trivial it may be. Egmond Codpiece gets to keep all his idiotic threads yet yours with actual intelligence and scholarship is deleted?! Add to this fact that you soundly debunk the claims of a prominent Egyptologist. I'd say the negative powers that be aren't too pleased. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archive your good stuff over TNV or ESR this place is going by by.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This site is for someone's revenue.
Bullshit generates page hits
translates into a few cents
means keep not cut.

I trust you get the dialectic to that.

Moral of the story
don't ask to xfer a thread from one forum to the other
anything could happen from move to remove

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLsavsBjs0 [Wink]
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

Dude...I sympathise [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundjata

I feel for you Sundjata...That was a very good thread which debunked Ian Shaws foolishness.

Hopefully with time, Ausar can bring the thread back but I really don't think this will happen.

All I can say is that we must continue to trod along and post FACTS and hope people in the Know will respect the effort we put accross.

I believe that your thread got deleted when the forums were under maitenance and the owner was deleting all the spam threads on the other forums. Mistakes happen...All I can say is I hope you try and post that thread again because the info from it is much needed.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
must be related to what happened this morning, the whole being closed for maintenence or was that just me??
Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay I thought it was just me also.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Nope, it's been happening throughout the last couple days....
Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Sammy or Amr1 behind this if so what gives why the inconvenience??
Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case anybody is wondering I did not delete the thread. I am just as shocked as Sunjata that his thread disappeared.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Im sure it is related to the Closed for Maintenence issiue, obviously it is someone who owns the site I.E Sammy or AMR1...I don't get why that thread..why not Mike's or Edgemounds threads...plenty of wasted space from those two..
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^It could have been an issue with the maintenance, that would make sense. That was just very weird to me, but I guess there was no intentional harm done. Maybe my outrage was unjustified.

Feel free to delete or close this thread ausar unless people need to express other concerns.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com