EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Zahi Hawass quote

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zahi Hawass quote
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Hawass say that the Egyptians were black, but a different kind of black? I'm sure I saw someone mention it here.

If he did say it, a link would be appreciated.

Claus

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LMAO [Big Grin] IF Hawass truly said such a thing, it must be game over!
Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gUaWazRHTLg#t=156s
Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did. I had it on linked on ESR linked about two yeras ago. I tried bumping it recently on ESR but the link is now dead. I don't think the one Asante posted is it.

In the one I had on ESR he talked about them being neither Arab nor "negro". I believe I have the audio on one of my PC I will tried to find and upload on ESR.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go get it boys. This one is a gem.

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats what I am talking about Xyyman.

Hawass is an bigger lowlife then I previously Thought.
It shows just how desperate are racists like hawass are to link themselves to an people who walked around Half naked, Yet Not African?? Bahhahahah really so whites can live in Egypt and not get Cancer?

Hawass is such an uncle tom. It must pain him to admit that Ramses is an E1b1a African.

Keep finding Gems brothers and sisters and out these racist lowlifes.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
[QB] Thats what I am talking about Xyyman.

what is the exact quote of Hawass you are talking about?
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Olehint. It is on ESR

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, you sure have gotten militant lately King, what happened to all the peace, love and unity my brother?

Finally given up on you Xtian mission..??

quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Thats what I am talking about Xyyman.

It shows just how desperate are racists like hawass are to link themselves to an people who walked around Half naked, Yet Not African?? Bahhahahah really so whites can live in Egypt and not get Cancer?

Hawass is such an uncle tom. It must pain him to admit that Ramses is an E1b1a African.

Keep finding Gems brothers and sisters and out these racist lowlifes.

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Just Call Me Jari-

Nah Jari, Peace and Love still represents my Life.

It's just that I get tired dof seeing people diss Blacks and Africans and claming that They Not Africans are Egyptians. Even with E1b1a Ramses, We still see haters who have no clue claiming Now that E1b1a is Middle Eastern like E1b1b and it was brought to Africa from Outside.

This line of thinking really disgusts me because it's like Even If an Egyptian Ancient came back to life, Whites whould try and tell him he is not an True Egyptian but an slave.

Bible teaches that "love will wax cold" I pray I don't lose my Love for the people. Be They Black or White

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool King, I still have love for my white brothers/sisters..
Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He did. I had it on linked on ESR linked about two yeras ago. I tried bumping it recently on ESR but the link is now dead. I don't think the one Asante posted is it.

In the one I had on ESR he talked about them being neither Arab nor "negro". I believe I have the audio on one of my PC I will tried to find and upload on ESR.

wayback machine?
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't hear the whole interview but got this much from the beginning-

Interviewer: How would you describe your reaction to the news of Cheikh Anta Diop?

Hawass: Of course, Cheikh Anta Diop was completely wrong. This is a kind of a, a theory that he developed...because of...it doesn't mean...look at the features of the people, the black in Egypt today, they, their nose, their lips is completely different from the negro...and therefore Cheikh Anta Diop's theory he did it I think in a time to please the black Americans who really feel their minority and they want to be connected with,with this place of civilization like Egypt..."

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Supreme commander,emperor and guardian of Egyptian antiquity Zawi Hawass lied and deceived so well for his Western Academia master located in London, New York, Paris, Rome that they kept him in is position after Western imperialist spy agency,ONG and media manipulating the Egyptian masses deposed independant behaving elected dictator Hosni Mubarak.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Managed to listen to the whole thing:

Interviewer : How would you describe your reaction to the news of Cheikh Anta Diop?

Hawass : Of course, Cheikh Anta Diop was completely wrong. This is a kind of a, a theory that he developed...because of...it doesn't mean...look at the features of the people, the black in Egypt today, they, their nose, their lips is completely different from the negro...and therefore Cheikh Anta Diop's theory he did it I think in a time to please the black Americans who really feel their minority and they want to be connected with, with this place of civilization like Egypt...

After Cheikh Anta Diop did make his theory there is a conference was made by UNESCO and the recommendations at the end of the conference that this is cannot be accepted and they said we need more work in prehistoric times to understand more about the origins of the people.

Interviewer : So how would you define the ancient Egyptians? They were people who came who were indigenous?

Hawass : I believe those people are settled in the Nile Valley since the old stone age more than 100,000 BC and they settled by the Nile those people when they went to the desert to hunt wild animals and to make their own tools and to invent fire and they really always come to the Nile and they looked at the Nile and they used the source to make the great civilization. And if you look at their religious belief it’s unique. From the pre-dynastic period they found out for a king to be a god he had to do certain things in his life; build a tomb; temples for [inaudible]; smiting the enemies of Egypt; unification of the two lands; giving offerings to the gods. If you do that you’ll become a god and therefore I say all the time that pyramids built Egypt because building the tombs made the Egyptian to create technology and art(?) and architecture.

Interviewer : So how do you react to people who say that Egypt is an African civilization?

Hawass :I really do not believe that Egypt is an African civilization. I believe that Egyptians, uh, Egyptian civilization were unique, Egypt is in Africa but Egyptian civilization has nothing to do with the African cultures because of many, many, many features. If you look at the Pharaonic period it’s completely different from anything. If you look at the production, or the technology that the Egyptians left it’s completely different from any belief in any time. If you look at the Egyptians from the anthropological point of view, they are different from the African and this is why I believe that Pharaonic Egypt is completely unique. They had no connection whatsoever with the African or even with the Arabs. Completely different. And this is why even today Egyptians are Egyptians there really doesn’t mean that because we can speak Arabic that we can be Arabs. We are really, I feel personally, that we are related, even today, to the Pharaohs.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Great. What software did you use to make the transcipt?

--------------------

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
I ran it slowed down, and listened to it several times, typing it out to conclusion.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
^
I will copy and post at ESR. if you don't mind.

quote:
Olehint. It is on ESR

quote:

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
There to be shared.
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptians invented fire and Egypt had no cultural commonalities with the rest of Africa. On the last point, Hawaas probably knows next to nothing about African cultures to say that. Since he isn't multi disciplined, he can make such a stupid claim. You can't be anti black African and then expect people to treat you as an expert on the cultures of black Africa...
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by claus3600:
Did Hawass say that the Egyptians were black, but a different kind of black? I'm sure I saw someone mention it here.

If he did say it, a link would be appreciated.

Claus

Not Africans are alike, so that perspective it's very keen put.
Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com