EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The true identity of the BEJA people

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The true identity of the BEJA people
Ledama Kenya
Member # 21677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ledama Kenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contrary to what most of you believe.the beja of Sudan and southern Egypt are not related at all to ancient Egyptians, but to modern populations of Eritrea and Ethiopia.
Actually the beja are descendants of Axumite soldiers who invaded and destroyed ancient Merowe.some settled in south eastern Egyptian desert and North Eastern Sudan.The real descendants of ancient Egyptians are the so-called 'nubians' of Aswan upper Egypt, North sudan and most of the present populations of the African greatlakes region.Just look at their hairstyles,shields and swords and also their Y DNA.They are not related to ancient Egyptians but to Tigray and Tigrinya (Himyarites) of Eritrea and Agaw of Ethiopia.Ofcourse they have also mixed with some Nilo-hamitic Afar(Ophir).

Posts: 306 | From: Kenya | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this thread would be better to post in Egyptology forum
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get that the so-called Nubians, of Southern Egypt are most related. I have been there, I have seen the murals, and looked them in the face. So I know very well they are the true descendants, as they look 1 # 1 similar. This is what I said the first time I posted here, years ago.

But I do think the Beja have a steak in there as well. As do Tuareg, Tubu and the Fulani, amongst many other Saharan-Sahel ethnic groups. We are talking about a history of over 5 thousand years. originating at the Sahar-Sahel.

For this reason I think some historians have claimed the history of these ethnic groups obscure. It is because they know very well who these ethic groups are, behind close doors.

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com