EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Steve Jobs Dead at 56

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steve Jobs Dead at 56
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve Jobs Dead at 56: Apple Founder Resigns for Health Reasons, Fans Mourn Around World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft3oPgsCFbA&feature=topvideos_news

Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] He was not the only person that died that day...

Civil rights leader the Rev. Shuttlesworth remembered

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) - Flags across the area are flying at half staff in memory of one of the state's leading pioneers in civil rights and equality, Doctor Fred L. Shuttlewsorth.

News of Shuttlesworth's death spread quickly Wednesday both locally and across the nation. The civil rights icon pastored for 8 years in North Birmingham at Bethel Baptist Church before leaving for Cincinnati, Ohio.

Those years were anything but quiet as Shuttlesworth was one of the city’s most active voices for civil rights. During his career, Shuttlesworth was arrested more than 30 times and his church was bombed on three separate occasions.

People are both moved and saddened by the news of Shuttlesworth's passing.

The Reverend passed surrounded by his loved ones at Princeton Hospital just after 10am Wednesday morning. While grief in these times is inevitable, those who know Dr. Shuttlesworth best are hoping that his passing will spark renewed interest in his life and his work.

In august of 2009, the city of Birmingham, under then Mayor Larry Langford, formally apologized to Dr. Shuttlesworth for the treatment he received during the Civil Rights Movement. His arrest records were expunged.

Church leaders have only recently completed the renovation of the original Bethel Baptist Church. They had planned to hold a special service for Dr. Shuttlesworth in the coming weeks. There's no word how those plans will change.

Earlier Wednesday, CBS42 spoke with family members. Daughter, Patricia Messengill says they are grateful to many agencies in Birmingham, including the hospital and church. Messengill also says despite their loss, they are pleased to know that people far and wide are supporting not only the man, but the legacy he leaves behind.

Shuttlesworth was hailed by Reverend Martin Luther King for his courage and energy, during the Civil Rights Movement.

Now, more than forty years after the Civil Rights Movement is ended, the legacy left by Doctor Shuttlesworth is seen across the city. From the airport, to the streets of downtown, the movement, spearheaded by King and others like Shuttlesworth, remain engrained in The Magic City.

Since the announcement of his death, dignitaries far and wide have issued responses and condolences for the loss.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Civil-rights-leader-the-Rev-Shuttlesworth/U21f7cRnjEq6pkFX87moew.cspx?hpt=us_bn5

Sad...not a word mentioned about him on this forum by anyone...because it's all about the yte Apple guy, I guess [Roll Eyes] (that I personally don't give two f*cks about)...

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look what this man did for his people
 -

-

-

-

-

Where was your nigga? Preaching?? [Frown]

Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, Dr. Mark Dean is a Ph.D. from Stanford University. He is in the National Hall of Inventors. He has more than 30 patents pending. He is a vice president with IBM.

-

-

http://weallbe.blogspot.com/2007/10/black-man-invented-pc-as-we-know-it.html

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The first IBM PC, the 5150, that went to the market on August 12, 1981, is now 30 years old and was designed by Dr Dean who believes that PCs are dead

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2025328/IBM-chief-Dr-Mark-Dean-The-PC-dead.html#ixzz1aC4fhIlE

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TruthAndRights:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) - Flags across the area are flying at half staff in memory of one of the state's leading pioneers in civil rights and equality, Doctor Fred L. Shuttlewsorth.

News of Shuttlesworth's death spread quickly Wednesday both locally and across the nation. The civil rights icon pastored for 8 years in North Birmingham at Bethel Baptist Church before leaving for Cincinnati, Ohio.

Those years were anything but quiet as Shuttlesworth was one of the city’s most active voices for civil rights. During his career, Shuttlesworth was arrested more than 30 times and his church was bombed on three separate occasions.

The Reverend passed surrounded by his loved ones at Princeton Hospital just after 10am Wednesday morning. While grief in these times is inevitable, those who know Dr. Shuttlesworth best are hoping that his passing will spark renewed interest in his life and his work.

In august of 2009, the city of Birmingham, under then Mayor Larry Langford, formally apologized to Dr. Shuttlesworth for the treatment he received during the Civil Rights Movement. His arrest records were expunged.

Church leaders have only recently completed the renovation of the original Bethel Baptist Church. They had planned to hold a special service for Dr. Shuttlesworth in the coming weeks. There's no word how those plans will change.

Earlier Wednesday, CBS42 spoke with family members. Daughter, Patricia Messengill says they are grateful to many agencies in Birmingham, including the hospital and church. Messengill also says despite their loss, they are pleased to know that people far and wide are supporting not only the man, but the legacy he leaves behind.

Shuttlesworth was hailed by Reverend Martin Luther King for his courage and energy, during the Civil Rights Movement.

Now, more than forty years after the Civil Rights Movement is ended, the legacy left by Doctor Shuttlesworth is seen across the city. From the airport, to the streets of downtown, the movement, spearheaded by King and others like Shuttlesworth, remain engrained in The Magic City.

Since the announcement of his death, dignitaries far and wide have issued responses and condolences for the loss.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Civil-rights-leader-the-Rev-Shuttlesworth/U21f7cRnjEq6pkFX87moew.cspx?hpt=us_bn5

Sad...not a word mentioned about him on this forum by anyone...because it's all about the yte Apple guy, I guess [Roll Eyes] (that I personally don't give two f*cks about)...

what happened to your jamaican accent? lol
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Black people were already thinking about it for millennia.

No mathematical
no computer

Ancient Egyptian Math Is Identical To Math Used In Modern Computers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/16/ancient-egypt-math-computer_n_797806.html

mathematical papyrus

-

malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Video Games Pioneer, Gerald Lawson, Dead at 70

http://www.tnj.com/news/black-american/video-games-pioneer-gerald-lawson-dead-70

-

malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
HENRY T SAMPSON: THE BLACK MAN WHO INVENTED THE CELL PHONE

-

http://ablackwomanranting.blogspot.com/2008/09/henry-t-sampson-black-man-who-invented.html

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
quote:
Originally posted by TruthAndRights:

what happened to your jamaican accent? lol
is whappen tuh yuh madda's frownsy leaky f*cked-out hole ah drop out ah renk buguyaga like yuhself...

Is that better, it's what you asked for... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, there you go. fake ass. lol
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenya's first tablet computer

25-year old Kelvin Jayanoris and his 22-year old partner Jeanette Mawere have designed Kenya's first tablet, an 7-inch Android device that is already in the market. For just Sh17,000 (about US$170) the Noris Kaboo is the cheapest tablet around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kI46Ow4qc4&feature=player_embedded

[QUOTE=Arinze;84504713]Its very nice but the one in India is the cheapest at $35, but still good initiative [Big Grin] [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Rayman87;84506269]The next Steve Jobs will be East African i guess ...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Rosaudio;84506207]Looks exactly like a small iPad, even the box looks the same, Apple wont be happy.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Rayman87;84506269]The next Steve Jobs will be East African i guess ...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mintali;84513429]I like that. Kenya going the right way. I propose we should have our own silicon valley fully equiped with a college to train brilliant minds. lately Kenya has done more inventions than many European countries.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=HMS Swaziland;84514469]Didn't Job's himself say the best inventors steal? Good initiative.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BUTEMBO21;84519116]I love this new .Well done Kenya !!!! Congrats.[/QUOTE]

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1448867

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horus':
 -

-

-

-

-

Steve's father was Syrian.
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
ah, there you go. fake ass. lol

yuh mean fake like di breasts yuh bought fe wear wid yuh brassiere fool fool boy?  -

[Big Grin] Nah...lol..I will speak 'proper Amerikkkan dialect' when I feel to, and I will speak in Jcan patois when I feel to...if you don't like it, whofah problem dat, really...mine or yours? Sorry for you if you think seh it's mine....lol...

yuh love keep ah tight hold pon mi p*ssy jaw no true...sorry mi p*ssy too tight: ano room for both you and di tampon wey in deh...you fe leggo mi p*ssy yuh jancro...move and gwey...

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:
 -

-

-

-

-

I guess some people care...I could give a f*ck less bout that man or his heritage/where his family comes from...point being, he was not the only 'important' person that passed on that date...keeping in mind that the term 'important' is subjective....lol... [Wink] because really...how the name "Rev. Shuttlesworth" and his Life is/was meaningless to some, the name "Steve Jobs" and his Life was/is meaningless to me...
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a man into computers, Steve Jobs is important to me.

On a personal level, well, it's sad when anybody dies to say the least.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:
 -

-

-

-

-

He and the brand was also supportive of the AA community and schools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjwfHN6NN7w

Anyway,

Dr. Ron Eglash Associate Professor Department of Science and Technology Studies Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)

Ron Eglash on African fractals

Quote:

I want to start my story in Germany, in 1877, with a mathematician named Georg Cantor. And Cantor decided he was going to take a line and erase the middle third of the line, and take those two resulting lines and bring them back into the same process, a recursive process. So he starts out with one line, and then two, and then four, and then 16, and so on. And if he does this an infinite number of times, which you can do in mathematics, he ends up with an infinite number of lines, each of which has an infinite number of points in it. So he realized he had a set whose number of elements was larger than infinity. And this blew his mind. Literally. He checked into a sanitarium.(Laughter) And when he came out of the sanitarium, he was convinced that he had been put on earth to found transfinite set theory, because the largest set of infinity would be God Himself. He was a very religious man. He was a mathematician on a mission.

Unquote.

Quote:

And the most interesting thing I found out about it was historical. In the 12th century, Hugo Santalia brought it from Islamic mystics into Spain. And there it entered into the alchemy community as geomancy: divination through the earth. This is a geomantic chart drawn for King Richard II in 1390. Leibniz, the German mathematician, talked about geomancy in his dissertation called "De Combinatoria." And he said, "Well, instead of using one stroke and two strokes, let's use a one and a zero, and we can count by powers of two." Right? Ones and zeros, the binary code. George Boole took Leibniz's binary code and created Boolean algebra, and John von Neumann took Boolean algebra and created the digital computer.

So all these little PDAs and laptops -- every digital circuit in the world -- started in Africa.

And I know Brian Eno says there's not enough Africa in computers; ...

cont.

http://www.ted.com/talks/ron_eglash_on_african_fractals.html

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

On a personal level, well, it's sad when anybody dies to say the least.

If you were truly into computers you would have known about Dean. But you choose a bigot slinging side.

All Apples R&D is done, and blue prints are made in China.

On personal level? lol did you know him? lol

What Steve/ Apple did for many people was give them the opportunity to become profitable by software development and music development.

"Think different"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orn29yPKyz0

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing.....

This type of Math is and was known in Ethiopia..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFqecEgdbc0

quote:
Originally posted by malibudusul:
Black people were already thinking about it for millennia.

No mathematical
no computer

Ancient Egyptian Math Is Identical To Math Used In Modern Computers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/16/ancient-egypt-math-computer_n_797806.html

mathematical papyrus

-

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Junior

You lie again!

Lion!

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You send that cont. at me again with your subliminals I'll be whooping both your asses ya heard."

^ I just got that message from lurker user on this forum. This is a wiered forum...

Posts: 42938 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen all the man made his contribution, give him his due salute him for his work and leave it at that.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Most working in the field
the computer is not white.
blacks, Indians, Jews (white) and gays.
Orkut was created by a gay.
But the white people always takes credit for other inventions
white people
not should use computer!
white people is a fraud!

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Listen all the man made his contribution, give him his due salute him for his work and leave it at that.

This man was good on one thing. How to brand himself. But other than that, he was cold blooded capitalist. Even he was not ashamed to admit that.
http://english.al-akhbar.com/blogs/angry-corner/steve-jobs-beyond-personality-cult

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alot of ma peeps think so as well but everything and everyone have their contradictions, the fact remains if he was an African African American or just plain ol blk from anywhere most here would just tip their hats and said good bye.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
quote:

This man was good on one thing. How to brand himself. But other than that, he was cold blooded capitalist. Even he was not ashamed to admit that.
http://english.al-akhbar.com/blogs/angry-corner/steve-jobs-beyond-personality-cult

Shouldnt you be beating drums at the occupy wall street protest with the rest of them smelly college lefty white kids or something?
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ no, I am supporting the poor slave Chinese factory workers.
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:
Alot of ma peeps think so as well but everything and everyone have their contradictions, the fact remains if he was an African African American or just plain ol blk from anywhere most here would just tip their hats and said good bye.

I have to disagree, Brada. I think every intellectual person would see, this kind of cult personality, build by corporate capitalists and propagated by mass media, is nothing but a smoke screen. The same with the term "Western Civilisation"
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:

I hope that was the right answer you wanted.
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:

bitch i saw your ass on tv last night! the place is a mess down there! cant you stinky apple laptop college lefty kids pick up your god damn trash before you leave a place?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

If you want to run a major business you have to think capitalistic.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

That is partly on China.

A lot of major brands make usage of poor and cheap labor.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com