EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Smoking Joe and Heavy D Rip.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Smoking Joe and Heavy D Rip.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Frazier passed away Monday (Nov. 7) of liver cancer, Muhammad Ali released a short statement: "The world has lost a great champion. I will always remember Joe with respect and admiration. My sympathy goes out to his family and loved ones."

Ali also released a statement upon Frazier's entering into hospice care, saying, ""My family and I are keeping Joe and his family in our daily prayers. Joe has a lot of friends pulling for him, and I'm one of them."

ROTUND RAP legend Heavy D died Tuesday after collapsing in his California home. He was 44.

The Westchester County-raised entertainer was taken by ambulance to Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles about 11:25 a.m. and died 90 minutes later, cops told the Daily News.

Heavy D was conscious and talking when officers responded to a 911 call from his Beverly Hills condo, said Lt. Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department.

Rosen said the portly rapper, whose real name was Dwight Arrington Myers, was having difficulty breathing as paramedics rushed him to the hospital.

The performer had just returned from Europe and was battling pneumonia, KTLA news in Los Angeles reported.

Rosen said Heavy D had come home from a shopping trip Tuesday and began laboring for breath as he walked into his condo building.

“He collapsed in an exterior hallway,” Rosen said. “There doesn’t appear to be any foul play. We believe it was medically related.”

The actual cause of death is pending an autopsy.

Born in Jamaica and raised in Mount Vernon, Heavy D rose to stardom in the 1990s as the frontman for Heavy D & the Boys.

Along with band mates G-Whiz, Trouble T. Roy and Eddie F., he made hip-hop history with hit songs like “Now That We Found Love” and “Nuttin But Love.” They also performed the theme song for the 1990s comedy TV series “In Living Color.”

Heavy D last performed in October at the BET Awards.

In recent years, he had ventured into acting, scoring small movie roles, including one in the 1999 film “The Cider House Rules.”

He won a cameo role as a security guard in the just-released film “Tower Heist,” starring Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller.

“I’m definitely saddened by the loss of Heavy. He was a really good person,” said Damon Williams, vice president of programming for Music Choice, the multi-platform video and music network.

With catchy dance tunes that included R&B riffs, Heavy D was one of the first rappers to cross over to mainstream popularity, Williams said.

“But I don’t think he ever lost his credibility with the hard-core rap audience,” said Williams.

Other friends took to Twitter to express condolences.

“I am deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Heavy D. A longtime friend and a beautiful person,” wrote Russell Simmons.

LL Cool J tweeted, “May GOD embrace the soul of Heavy D and Bless his family. I respected you Heavy and I always will.”

whutchinson@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment....1#ixzz1dDEFXuSF

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=pol&thread=927&page=1#ixzz1dDJdEYrE

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK what's this thread about [Big Grin]
Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not getting high @ 7:25 AM while on E/S asking what this thread's about [Confused]

Madness

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smokin' Joe was in town in on November 6, 1971 performing at a club with his group called The Knockouts. While my wife and I had a front row seat in a very small club she brought my attention to one of Frazier's dancers. My wife said the dancer was noticing me quite a bit while she danced. So quite naturally I started to watch her more closely. Well this made my wife mad and she told me as much.

Later, when the performance was over my wife suggested we get some pictures made with Joe. After about three pictures we sat back down at the table and my wife said she thought Frazier's hand was a little too high when he put it around her upper back and under the arm to get the picture. The implication was Frazier had a quick feel.
Being a wannabe boxer I thought to myself I should say something to this guy about him gettin' all touchy feely with my wife. But I quickly came to my senses once I realized this was no regular human being standing about 20 feet away (and talking to the Light heavyweight contender Ray Anderson), and that he was in fact Joe Frazier--the same guy who put Ali on the canvas in the 15th round.

So I got to thinking: maybe my wife had set me up because, after all, she was irritated with me earlier for eyeballing one of Frazier's dancers. So I reflected still further and asked myself was my wife's complaint, maybe honor, worth getting myelf knocked out for. I quickly realized my wife had no complaint and no honor whatsover to defend. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grumman LMAOF..you too funny.. [Big Grin]
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These deaths in hollywood is too much of a coincidence. Something fishy is going on. I think Heavy D. was murdered.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
^^^

I didn't realize Ray Anderson, the Light Heavyweight contender at the time, was in the picture with Frazier and me until after I posted; I had them close by in a drawer and decided to take a quick look after all these years (actually I had seen them as recent as a month ago but that was the first time in more than 20 years).

So armed wih this extra piece of information you know damn good and well my wife didn't have nuthin' comin' from me that night. [Wink]

I saw Frazier beat up Jerry Quarry one time and it almost made me cry.

And don't ask me about Big George and Joe.

On a serious note I recorded an Ali and Frazier documentary about a year ago and it went into detail about both their issues with each other and I found myself leaning toward Frazier. You could tell he was hurt by some of Ali's antics and talk. Actually it was painful somewhat to see him reflect on the issues. At one time near the end of the documentary as Joe was sitting in a subdued-light boxing gym he set the tone for his mood because he seemed near tears as the camera moved about him, but he managed.

Having said that, the first fight between the two made me change my mind about Ali as a fighter. He was a lot, lot tougher than I thought.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Not getting high @ 7:25 AM while on E/S asking what this thread's about [Confused]

Madness

brada what's it like getting weed in Japan?
Posts: 43009 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
I just say no drugs!!!.. [Wink]
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
I just say no drugs!!!.. [Wink]

have ever have smoken a blunt?
Posts: 43009 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
I am a Nancy Reagan child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ih4tBBiPTc
.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
an associate of the Flintstone kids named "stoney" gets stoned in this episode, tries to offer blunt to the kids

but they say no !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrDDluD04Ek&feature=related

part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97OyYSxn-w&feature=related

^^^^ the First Lady Nancy Reagan at the end

wow !!!!!

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Then again to some weed is not a drug it's a sacrament..some say fuk Nancy High grade is going through ma head.. [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEeong_8Uac&feature=fvwrel

Mixed messages?? well yeah one should not answer question to such inquiries over the net when one is also a simi public figure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoZmTSYC4P0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxteRdg1OAs
Clik em all

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com