EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Blacks of note in ancient Britain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blacks of note in ancient Britain
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Complete extracts from "The Dictionary of National Biography" (DNB) by Stephen Leslie 1832-1904:

http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Crests/Crests_2.htm

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job.
I'm reading.

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super website

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is incredible
Many have a nickname
"black"
White People is very
dishonest.
They are evil.
they
changed the history of the world.
usurpers

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Defective Albinos trying to manufacture a bogus place in history for themselves, with lies.

That they were able to get away with it for so long, doesn't say much for us.

There is much more to come.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
What! [Eek!]
There's more?
What?
I'm curious!

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^They didn't just disappear you know. Don't you want to know what happened to them?
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Yes.
Genocide?

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Some might find this interesting, and it does serve as a benchmark for the descriptive terms.

(Scanning errors not corrected)

Volume 10

CHARLOTTE SOPHIA (1744-1818),
queen of George III, king of England, was
Wie youngest daughter of Charles Lewis,
brother of Frederic, third duke of Mecklen-
burg-Strelitz. When a young girl she was
so distressed ac the ravages of tne IVussian
troops on a relative's territory, that she wrote
a letter to their king bege^ing him to restrain
them. This letter found its way to England,
and is said to have done something to direct
the attention of the English court to her as
a suitable consort for George (Mahon, His-
tory of EngUiJid, iv. 331, 1846). The in-
quiries made resulted in a formal proposal,
which was accepted, and the princess set off
for England. The voyage from Cuxhaven to
Harwich took ten days, for the ship was de-
layed by contrary winds. Charlotte beguiled
the time by practising English tunes on the
harpsichord. On 7 Sept. 1761 she landed in
England. The next day she saw George for
the first time at St. James's. From that mo-
ment till the king's illness she said that she
never knew real sorrow. They were married
late that same evening. Their coronation
took place on 22 Sept. of that year Ta mi-
nute description is given in Richard Thom-
son's Faithful Account y &c., 1820). Iler ap-
pearance at this time is briefly described by
Horace Walpole: *She is not tall nor a
beauty. Pale and very thin; but looks sen-
sible and ffenteel. Her hair is darkish and
fine ; her forehead low, her nose very well,
except the nofitrik spreading too wide.

The mouth has the same fault, but her teeth are
good. She talks a great deal, and French
tolerably' {Letters, iii. 434). The records
of Charlotte's life are entirely of a domestic
nature. She was merely a la^ figure in the
numerous state pageants in which her position
obliged her to take part, and she had no in-
terest in nor influence over Ene^lish politics,
which she probably scarcely understood. The
king, though a devoted husband, never dis-
cussed affairs of stat« with her. She was a
woman of little ability, but she certainly
acted up to her own standard of duty. Court
life during this long reig^ was perfectly
decorous, and it must be added very dull
and colourless. Scandal could only say of
her that she was somewhat mean in money
matters ; but this was probably from early
training (the story of an intrigue with the Che-
valier d'Eon hardly requires serious mention.

-

Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Impressive site and many contemporary comments and observations of their physical appearance as dark or black.

I'd bet that in a fair number of cases that contemporary coins would show royalty either black or blacker than many paintings shown above.

You guys better all save this page in your files. No telling when things will disappear forever from the net.

Thanks for this great research, Mike.

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marc Washington:

Impressive site and many contemporary comments and observations of their physical appearance as dark or black.

I'd bet that in a fair number of cases that contemporary coins would show royalty either black or blacker than many paintings shown above.

You guys better all save this page in your files. No telling when things will disappear forever from the net.

Thanks for this great research, Mike.

Mike has done great research on Blacks in Europe I wish he would combine it all in an e-book. This would keep the information in an organized fashion for posterity.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, thanks for this remarkable research. My question is who wasn't black in ancient Britain? (If any)
My only problem is the title of this realhistory article. I wouldn't call this period "ancient" . It's Middle Ages and Renaissance. Somebody who did a search for ancient Britian would probably expecting to see something prior to the 5th century at least.

Also see:

Hogarth's blacks: images of blacks in eighteenth century English art
http://books.google.com/books?id=yV_GAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA134&lpg=PA134&dq=%22+Black

http://www.amazon.com/Complexion-Race-Categories-Difference-Eighteenth-Century/dp/081223541X

The Complexion of Race: Categories of Difference in Eighteenth-Century British Culture (New Cultural Studies) [Hardcover]
Roxann Wheeler (Author)

-

-  -  -  -  -  -

Posts: 42954 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Clyde, good idea.
Mike
should
do a pdf version
to we download
all.
would be easier

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queen Charlotte

-

Mother of Queen Charlotte, Princess Elizabeth Albertine of Saxe-Hildburghausen
 -

"Father" of Chralotte, Duke Charles Louis Frederick of Mecklenburg
 -
(some brotherman qualities)

or was it Abram Gannibal, the Ethiopian "prince" her real father?
 -

The Real Charlotte ???
 -

Posts: 42954 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HERU
Member # 6085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HERU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read of Guy De Beauchamp before. Nobody really disputes his descriptions, its just that most people have no idea who he was. I take it the 'cur' in 'the black cur of Arden' means "dog." He was known as the "black dog of Arden."
Posts: 318 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nehesy
Member # 17252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nehesy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful research, you could die one day without knowing these amazing facts.

Thank you

--------------------
The wise man knows he knows nothing, the fool thinks he knows all

Posts: 70 | From: Paris / France | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HERU
Member # 6085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HERU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

or was it Abram Gannibal, the Ethiopian "prince" her real father?
 -

That's not Gannibal. As of today there's no authenticate portrait of Pushkin's famous patriarch.
Posts: 318 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^who is it then?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
That's a very good question, in order to know that it's NOT Gannibal, he must know who it really is.
HERU
Member # 6085

Rate Member
I read its authenticity is disputed. I'm as curious as you. Who else could it be is a good question.
the lioness is a guy IRL
cassiterides banned yet again
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

- [/QB]

Mike, this is a white woman. Are you colour-blind?

Her geneaology has also been checked. Despite the alleged 'mulatto' face, she had no known black ancestors. Her face more looks like she had down syndrome.

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Thanks Cass, gee, I don't know how I didn't notice that.
Never mind then, I take it all back.

Can I come over and play with your long flowing hair?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com