EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Black women are heavier but happier with their bodies than white women, finds U.S. s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black women are heavier but happier with their bodies than white women, finds U.S. s
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A more appropriate title to the article should have been "Black women are heavier but happier with their obese and unhealthy bodies than white women, finds U.S. study"

"A nationwide survey found that 66 per cent of overweight or obese black women had high self esteem compared to 41 per cent of average-sized or thin white women"

And everyone knows why that is - Black men have low beauty standards and have trained black women into thinking that obesity is both sexy and healthy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107700/Black-women-heavier-happier-bodies-white-women.html#ixzz1nin5bGJM

Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the study also illustrates how shallow Black women are.
Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!!! You Nut!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Don't shoot the messenger! Just reporting the news. [Roll Eyes]
quote:
Originally posted by Cagot Killer:
LOL!!! You Nut!!! [Big Grin]

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically you're saying blacks need to adopt unhealthy , unrealistic, twiggy European beauty standards? No thanks. Anorexia and bulemia is just as bad if not worse than being obsese.

quote:
the study also illustrates how shallow Black women are.
Idiot, just because responders say it's most important doesn't mean they are factually acting like it in practice. Many questions need to control for people choosing the most socially "correct" answer even if it's not how they feel. Don't berate blacks on "low beauty standards" one second and then say how shallow they are the next.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
^No asshole, no one is talking about Anoxeria, you turd. Where in the article does it mention Anorexia or bulemia, jealous black bastard?
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It didn't say anything about the article talking about anorexia. I'm saying that twiggy, anorexic looking bodies are what European beauty standards are. They are just as unhealthy. And the fact European culture is happy with twiggy unhealthy bodies makes everyone "happy" with an image that doesn't reflect good health. Trying to make a woman's health issue strictly a black issue. GTFO here with that BS.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok calm down Dude! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
no, you aint saying **** but a bunch of red herrings. Dont inject shyt that aint there, black buddy.

quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
It didn't say anything about the article talking about anorexia. I'm saying that twiggy, anorexic looking bodies are what European beauty standards are. They are just as unhealthy. And the fact European culture is happy with twiggy unhealthy bodies makes everyone "happy" with an image that doesn't reflect good health. Trying to make a woman's health issue strictly a black issue. GTFO here with that BS.

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Stop whining red herring. I'm just saying your point of unhealthy beauty standards can be just as easily noted in European women albeit for different reasons. Unhealthy beauty standards are everywhere so stop acting like it's a "black" issue. Again I never said white women's lack of healthy beauty standards is noted explicitly (although IIRC the article does note lesser women of European descent, whom are are thin/average sized are happy) I'm simply saying your point in an attempt to make blacks come across as inferior is moot.
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
on average wwho is healthier black or white women?

quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
Stop whining red herring. I'm just saying your point of unhealthy beauty standards can be just as easily noted in European women albeit for different reasons. Unhealthy beauty standards are everywhere so stop acting like it's a "black" issue. Again I never said white women's lack of healthy beauty standards is noted explicitly (although IIRC the article does note lesser women of European descent, whom are are thin/average sized are happy) I'm simply saying your point in an attempt to make blacks come across as inferior is moot.

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Depends on what you mean by "health." in terms of mental health regarding body image I'd say the black women as they are at the very least happier. Though it's not that black beauty standards demand fat chicks, it's just willing to accept them. Beyonce isn't considered "ugly" in the black community and she is in fact thin. There's more leg room to be attractive which is what I think is great about black beauty standards. Meanwhile a white woman of normal weight will be less likely to like her appearance because of how rigid European beauty standards are by comparison.

in terms of physical health on the subject white women are probably more fit. But this could deal with any number of additional factors, including an inability to reach their unhealthy goals and their income also helping them to choose healthier foods, which I am not sure was controlled for, nor how well. Nevertheless, The article shows that white women are much more likely to be unhappy with their appearance be they thin or average.They are physically fitter, but mentally more distressed about their shape.

facts
Member # 19596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for facts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"probably" RFLOL!! You are so much in denial that it clouds your judgment!
Posts: 816 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
No I am not. I assumed that they were which is why I said probably. Assuming it is true, there is balance because black women are less likely to be insecure about their bodies. The study also didn't to my knowledge control for income, hours worked and a variety of other things that would make black women fatter. So is this really the best you can do? Pretty weak.
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Confirmed Eediat-Bwoy:
black buddy.

Yes, yuh fe guh suck one ah dem...and please mek sure seh yuh choke pon it....
Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Beyonce isn't considered "ugly" in the black community and she is in fact thin.
More self-hate...

Beyonce is heavily white admixed (french, irish). She's mixed-race, not black.

The only models or stars the ''black community'' supposedly have infact are heavily white admixed like Beyonce, an admission the pure-blooded Negroid phenotype is despised by black people themselves.

No one wants nappy hair or a wide nose...

Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Beyonce being mixed has nothing to do with my comments or the validity of my point. The point is should I need to repeat it, is that she is thin but is not considered ugly. Black standards for weight are flexible and European standards are rigid. So much for trying to derail the point. I'm not ignorant to the tactic. Stay on topic or make a new one on the subject.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com