EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Who are the Toubou?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who are the Toubou?
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was cruising through tumblr and came across some Ruins left by the Toubou.
I looked up info on them and it mentions that their origin lies in Yemen.
Is this true?
Are they heavily mixed with Arab? [Confused]

Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HidayaAkade

Welcome Youngsta.

Toubou are BLACKS they are not really mixed with Arabs. Most look Like Northern Sudanese. They run the gamut from Sudan, Chad, Niger, Libya(Fezzan).

Here is some pics of them:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

The Toubou, Are related to the Fulani, Tuareg, Beja, Songhai and many socalled Arab Sudanese even though they are mainly African and very limited arab genes.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have any graphs or articles on their genetic makeup?

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HidayaAkade:
Do you have any graphs or articles on their genetic makeup?

That's something I would be curious about too.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Djehuti or Zarahan?

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe Djehuti or Zarahan?

That is if their genetic make up were ever studied.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
I have no clue but for Wiki to make that assumption that they are mixed with Arab, somebody must have done something.

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Neferefre
Member # 13793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferefre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are these people the same as the Tebu of Jebel Uweinat and Gilf Kebir?

--------------------
"Son of the sun god Ra"

Posts: 197 | From: 5th Dynasty Abusir Temple | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
I'm not sure but I know there are multiple spellings for Toubou, including Tebu.

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Neferefre
Member # 13793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferefre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have no clue but for Wiki to make that assumption that they are mixed with Arab, somebody must have done something.

I highly doubt they are mixed with Arab especially if they are indeed the people of Jebel Uweinat and Gilf Kebir, I really think these are Central African people of Chad who created Nabta Playa, based on my own studies. I take wiki with a grain of salt.
Posts: 197 | From: 5th Dynasty Abusir Temple | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
I take wiki with a grain of salt as well, but I just wanna know their makeup.

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Anybody?

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THere are no published studies on them.
Spencer Wells had their DNA samples and says:

quote:
"from their Y-chromosome, Wells is learning their immediate ancestors aren't African, but Middle Eastern".
This was in the Journey of Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV6A8oGtPc4
YOu have to watch it to know exactly where.
Or it could be this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkexKLCak5M
Dont remember

Since he is aligned with National geographic he could be talking about E-m35 lineages because Nag Geo talks about these lineages being Middle Eastern in origin. - around the time the documentary was made. He could also be talking about V-88 would have just been known as R1* at that time....... OR he could have been talking about J1 lineages. He does not state the exact lineage so we dont know what he is talking about. Assuming they are similar to their neighbours and other members of their language phylum they should be a mix of A3b2, B2a, E1b1a, E1b1b, and R-V88.
I have no idea what would predominate.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anybody?

http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play/5371/Women-of%20Sand
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Thanks, Troll Patrol.
I'm not sure if I can get thru the 1hr long video.
Any Cliff Notes?

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Neferefre
Member # 13793

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
quote:
Anybody?

Good video thanks brother
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neferefre:
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
quote:
Anybody?

Good video thanks brother
You're welcome.

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troll Patrol - No disrespect to you:
But we must all be vigilant for when the Albinos and their mulattoes try to usurp the truth.

-

The map is from "The Union of Islamic World Students".

http://www.rohama.org/

-

Note the Brown part on the map is said to be Arab/Arab-Berber.

Well this is a Berber:

-

And this is an Arab:

-

I see no way that you could get Gaddafi from the admixture of those two.

So how was it done?

-

-

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^If you wonder what happened to the Real Libyans (the Black ones):

-

During the Italian war and occupation of Libya, about 50% (YES 50%!) of the Libyan population, mostly Blacks, died in the struggle for independence, mainly in prison camps.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Mike, I am aware of this.

-

-

-

The man with the grey hair is no TouBou, but Nubian. I implemented him, to show the affinities.

HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Thanks everyone!

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got some insight from Spenser Wells. Any guesses on what would predominate?
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com