EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Van Sertima: They came before Columbus

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Van Sertima: They came before Columbus
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen this outstanding video of Van Sertima on They came before Columbus? If not, you should find the time to listen to it from beginning to end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2D_S3G54wQ&feature=related

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Marc, I though we had lost you.

Though I didn't have occasion to study Van Sertima, there is no doubt that he was one of the original brilliant trailblazers.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mike. You won't be disappointed if you check him out. It's an hour forty-five minute video.

But I promise that with his non-presumptuous, rigorous, low-key, laid-back demeanor, it won't disappoint.

Calling him one of the original, brilliant trailblazers is certainly a most worthy epitaph.

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Ivan Van Sertima video Marc. Ivan Van Sertima was a great historian, scholar and researcher, he die to soon.I have most of Van Sertima books and I use to have is audio cassette.The countries of Guyana and Suriname produce many great scholar like Ivan Van Sertima, George G M James and maybe Egmond Codfried.

White scholar Von Wuttaneau in the video is a great scholar, great collector and great archeologist.Like Gerald massey and Albert Churchward he is a neutral truth seeker and will tell the truth n matter what.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
Great Ivan Van Sertima video Marc. Ivan Van Sertima was a great historian, scholar and researcher, he die to soon.I have most of Van Sertima books and I use to have is audio cassette.The countries of Guyana and Suriname produce many great scholar like Ivan Van Sertima, George G M James and maybe Egmond Codfried.

White scholar Von Wuttaneau in the video is a great scholar, great collector and great archeologist.Like Gerald massey and Albert Churchward he is a neutral truth seeker and will tell the truth n matter what.

If you are interested in Wuthenau's work you may enjoy the videoes below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnuk5iCOAxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnuk5iCOAxc

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Mena, thanks for the sharing.

Dr. Winters. That was an enjoyable video on Wuthenau. Was it listed twice by mistake?

Do you have any other videos featuring Van Sertima or Wuthenau?

--------------------

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marc Washington:
Mena, thanks for the sharing.

Dr. Winters. That was an enjoyable video on Wuthenau. Was it listed twice by mistake?

Do you have any other videos featuring Van Sertima or Wuthenau?

Yes it was a mistake. Here is the correct addrss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ifFtj2fDKQ

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Dr. Winters. This is an impressive account of Alexander von Wuthenau and his discovery of your research which lead to collaborations and joint lectures between the two of you.

What caused that budding relationship to cease? Creeping old age side-lined him? What prevented his work from going to the next level?

Also, it would seem that you would have had contact with van Sertima as well. Did you?

--------------------

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buddhism in Upper Egypt and the Meroitic Sudan is another great video by Dr Clyde Winters.

According to writer Philostratus Buddhist lived in Upper Egypt and Meroe.The Meroe sript was the Buddhist Kharoshti script introduced by Indian Buddhist missionary to Meroe.

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Dr. Winters. This is an impressive account of Alexander von Wuthenau and his discovery of your research which lead to collaborations and joint lectures between the two of you.

What caused that budding relationship to cease? Creeping old age side-lined him? What prevented his work from going to the next level?

Also, it would seem that you would have had contact with van Sertima as well. Did you?

Yea I had contact with Ivan. We remained friends until 1982. In 1982, Berry Fell, told Ivan he could be my friend or his. Ivan chose Fell. Wuthenau refused to abandon our friendship and we often met when he visited Chicago

Berry Fell was jealous, because many of the American inscriptions he translated in his books I had deciphered and published in the Bulletin d'IFAN years before his books were published.

Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Mena, what is the link you are referring to?

Dr. Winters, why would Sertima choose Fell over you? Did Fell come upon his decipherment independently of other interpretations or did he borrow others' work?

How did Wuthenau pass and what has happened to his collection?

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:

Yea I had contact with Ivan. We remained friends until 1982. In 1982, Berry Fell, told Ivan he could be my friend or his. Ivan chose Fell. Wuthenau refused to abandon our friendship and we often met when he visited Chicago

Berry Fell was jealous, because many of the American inscriptions he translated in his books I had deciphered and published in the Bulletin d'IFAN years before his books were published.

were his translations basically the same as yours?
Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Mena, what is the link you are referring to?

Dr. Winters, why would Sertima choose Fell over you? Did Fell come upon his decipherment independently of other interpretations or did he borrow others' work?

How did Wuthenau pass and what has happened to his collection?

I don't know how Wuthenau passed or what happened to his collection.

Sertima was a weak man. He always hoped that whites would support his work. He made his name by editing great books on ancient history.

He was a poor researcher. Much of what he talked about relating to ancient history , except for his work Before Columbus , he got from others, especially me. In 1991, he was outed as having no knowledge of ancient history, that he could support by Time magazine, Newsweek and the New York Times.

Ivan is the reason people feel that Afrocentrism lacks a scientific basis.Ivan and Hunter wrote the Portland Essays. The Portland Essays was used in many school districts across the U.S. Because Ivan was shown to be a fraud, and Hunter Adams, who pretended to be a scientist, was found to be really a janitor at Argon National Labs in 1991.

This would not have happened if Hunter and Ivan had not turned against me--to support Fell-- and promoted ideas they got from me, but could not defend. If they would have been real scholars they would have been able to support their work.

It is a shame that Afrocentrism is attacked, because non-Afrocentric researchers could not support what they taught.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:

were his translations basically the same as yours?
No. His work was to try and manufacture numerous whites colonizing the Americas. None of his work could be supported by history,

My work was based on the migration/exploration by Abubakari in the Americas.

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
LOL hahaha funny story Ivan Sertima is a poor researcher and a fraud and Hunter Adams is an impostor janitor posing as a scientist.

I think Dr Clyde Winters who discovered the Nubian origin of the Phoenician alphabet in a Nubian stella(check the website beforebc.de),who translated and read the Mande Olmec language and who decyphered and can read the Meroitic script and language is very underated by Western Academia.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com