EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » A new low for Africans?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A new low for Africans?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africans, PLEASE tell me that this is NOT so!

Sign language interpreter at Mandela memorial was 'fake,' official says

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2013/1211/Sign-language-interpreter-at-Mandela-memorial-was-fake-official-says

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/sign-language-interpreter-fake/2013/12/11/id/541193

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appears to be fake. Many sources say so. And it has been repeated by many people (experts) who do understand the language. Since they are the only one who can judge him. And not "all Africans ".

The question is, how did he got up there. Who is he?

quote:
The Deaf Federation of South Africa (DeafSA) said the "interpreter" was not a recognized professional, nor was he known by the deaf community in the country.

"The so-called 'interpreter' who interpreted at the official memorial service for late former president Nelson Mandela at FNB stadium has been dubbed the 'fake interpreter' and the deaf community is in outrage," Bruno Druchen, national director of DeafSA, said in a statement.

"He is not known by the Deaf Community in South Africa nor by the South African Sign Language interpreters working in the field."

The man did not use facial expressions, which in South African sign language are an important part of communication, and the hand signals he used were meaningless, Druchen said.

"The signs (self-invented signs) the interpreter used are not used in South African Sign Language and it is a total mockery of the language," he said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/11/world/africa/mandela-memorial-fake-intepreter/

I'm curious to what he has to say about his own action. He obviously mocked deaf people.

And South Africans are outraged as well, seen in the comment section, of this South African newspaper.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Mandela-Memorial-interpreter-a-fake-20131211

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fake "sign language interpreter" is a trivial matter. They can redo the whole thing on TV.

What is more important is the fakery and hypocrisy of UK PM, David Cameron in his fulsome sugar talk. Cameron was one of those Tory doughboys who talked about executing Mandela during the days.

Obama was just as sugary and highly phoney. This is what he should have said:
http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/12/11/obama-failed-to-deliver-long-overdue-apology-to-mandela/

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I think is bigger than trivial matter, I think it was a plot to bring shame upon Mandela. It's known that some black South Africans in the past have been paid by "Afrikaaners" (white South Africans) to corrupt the system. I wouldn't be surprised if the same did happen.
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may be right Troll Killer, you may be right:

"Owners of Mandela 'fake' interpreter firm 'vanish'"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25345627

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Along with past footage of African leaders dancing in the streets with their supporters - instead of talking to them - This episode feeds the perception that Africans operate at the instinctive level, and are incompetent at levels requiring deep thought and control.

That a lunatic could gain immediate side by side access to all the worlds leaders: while under South African protection: during the continents biggest event, is a failure of monumental proportions. Though little will be said officially, South Africans will never again be trusted on the world stage.

In the minds of the world, they go back to being people dancing in Leopard skins.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^I clicked lions link:

Would sensible people say such things as the SA minister is saying? The more they talk, the more they convince us of just how stupid they are. Damn, I take no pleasure in being proven right about them.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
"There are as many as a hundred sign language dialects," she said, explaining that Mr Dyantyi speaks Xhosa and that "the English was a bit too much for him".

quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
You may be right Troll Killer, you may be right:

"Owners of Mandela 'fake' interpreter firm 'vanish'"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25345627

In fact this was the first thought that came to my mind. Immediately after reading the post by Mike.

Thamsanqa Dyantyi, should go Japanese style. KAMAKAZY.

Instead, ‘Fake’ interpreter: I am a champion of sign language...

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/fake-interpreter-i-am-a-champion-of-sign-language/

DeafSA warned ANC about dodgy interpreter

http://www.citypress.co.za/politics/deafsa-warned-anc-interpreter-doesnt-know-sign/

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The deaf people who viewed were most probably less than 1 % of all viewers. A trivial matter. Dyantyi was known to do sign language for the deaf at major events. He says he is schizophrenic and had an attack during the event. Small matter I say.

If the West wants to fuss on that, then fine. No big deal.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
The deaf people who viewed were most probably less than 1 % of all viewers. A trivial matter. Dyantyi was known to do sign language for the deaf at major events. He says he is schizophrenic and had an attack during the event. Small matter I say.

If the West wants to fuss on that, then fine. No big deal.

The small percentage of deaf people have rights too.

If the man could not handle the job, he should have past it on to someone who could, can. Someone legitimate from the DeafSA.

After all,

Bruno Druchen, national director of DeafSA, said in a statement:

"He is not known by the Deaf Community in South Africa nor by the South African Sign Language interpreters working in the field."

Isn't this ironic?

Unless you can show him interpreting in major events, his arguments hold no value. Why did he not mention these major events, so it can be verified?

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
The deaf do have rights. I never said they did not. All I am saying is that this is tempest in a teapot. The guy has been on TV explaining what went wrong. More important things to talk about like punks such as Cameron and Bush being allowed to attend that Mandela memorial.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
The deaf do have rights. I never said they did not. All I am saying is that this is tempest in a teapot. The guy has been on TV explaining what went wrong. More important things to talk about like punks such as Cameron and Bush being allowed to attend that Mandela memorial.

Yes, there more important things to talk about, like those two former politicians. They certainly had no business there. Mandela was seen as a terrorist ever since the Reagan administration up till 2008.

However, had Thamsanqa Dyantyi not done what he did, the focus would have been different right now. The problem is that he isn't known by the official organization or any of the experts in the field. So, the question becomes, who is he and why did the company vanish all of a sudden? What is the spawn?

He hasn't explained he made up excuses, for his incompetence. From sources I understand that deaf people couldn't make up what he was telling.

Sbdggchbdnncfghydtnbcn, dzfvdfsbdsfgbd,fgrbtrhtrh!?

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
No, his company and those who invited him to translate for the deaf cannot disappear. That company will be investigated. Again, note that Dyantyi has been invited in the past to translate for the deaf at prominent events. He says he's schizophrenic. If so, he will have to provide medical evidence.

Again ,this is a small matter. if the white media want to run with that--then let them. They are experts in trivia anyway.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
You obviously hope: by refusing to acknowledge that it is a very serious situation, in terms of South African "Trust Worthlessness and Prestige" if there ever was such a thing, sans Mandela: to in fact make it a non-serious and trivial affair.

Ergo - just wish to make it so.
It appears Europe owes Africa/Africans another debt - fairy tales.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com