EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Transcendance (movie) bombed by critics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Transcendance (movie) bombed by critics
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transcendence_2014/

scroll down to reviews

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any particular review we should keep a eye out for? I saw some of them, and the opinions seemed to vary, widely. I am interested in this film myself.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The concept is believable. I was contend what you are is in your head. Perform a hand/leg etc transplant is the beginning. Perform a head/brain transplant on your clone and you get immortality. Transcedence takes even further.....

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW: mammalian cloning is very common. I wouldn't doubt extensive human cloning is taking place behind closed doors.

I saw a documentary one time. There are companies out there that can clone you pet dog/horse for close to $100,000. The success rate was 1 in 5. That is pretty good. If they can clone a horse they can do it to humans.... and are probably doing it.

This raises a lot of ethical questions therefore it is hush hush.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
Is there any particular review we should keep a eye out for? I saw some of them, and the opinions seemed to vary, widely. I am interested in this film myself.

just click on some at random and read a few full review
It has a lot of bad reviews

The commercial for it is great however, that's how they hook you

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

I don't necessarily go by reviews to be honest. I have seen movies with terrible reviews that I enjoyed. Starwars is one, and I enjoyed all of the Matrix films.

Anyway, thanks for posting this

Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
^^

I don't necessarily go by reviews to be honest. I have seen movies with terrible reviews that I enjoyed. Starwars is one, and I enjoyed all of the Matrix films.

Anyway, thanks for posting this

-

wikipedia had this to say about the first Star Wars movie of 1977,
so apparently most reviews at the time were good but 7% bad>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_IV:_A_New_Hope#Critical_response

wikipedia:

Star Wars

Critical response

Star Wars was critically acclaimed. The film review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes sampled 70 reviews and judged 93% of them to be positive. Its consensus states in summary, "A legendary expansive and ambitious start to the sci-fi saga, George Lucas opens our eyes to the possibilities of blockbuster film-making and things have never been the same."[90] In his 1977 review, Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times called the film "an out-of-body experience", compared its special effects to those of 2001: A Space Odyssey, and opined that the true strength of the film was its "pure narrative".[91] Vincent Canby called the film "the movie that's going to entertain a lot of contemporary folk who have a soft spot for the virtually ritualized manners of comic-book adventure".[92] A.D. Murphy of Variety described the film as a "magnificent film" and furthermore claimed that the memories of serials along with older action epics that George Lucas set out to make as one of the biggest possible adventure fantasies as a brilliant success.[93] Derek Malcolm of The Guardian concluded that the film "plays enough games to satisfy the most sophisticated."[94]
Conversely, Pauline Kael of The New Yorker criticized the film, stating that "there's no breather in the picture, no lyricism", and that it had no "emotional grip".[95] Jonathan Rosenbaum of the Chicago Reader stated, "None of these characters has any depth, and they're all treated like the fanciful props and settings."[96] Peter Keough of the Boston Phoenix said "Star Wars is a junkyard of cinematic gimcracks not unlike the Jawas' heap of purloined, discarded, barely functioning droids

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com