EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Skin pigment, Java 400ka clamshell design

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skin pigment, Java 400ka clamshell design
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Hawks blog http://johnhawks.net/

"Nina Jablonski's proposal that the selective value of dark pigmentation lies mostly in preventing folate destruction by ultraviolet light in the skin, instead of skin cancer or other causes."

"Many of the genes that influence human variation in pigmentation have been subject to strong natural selection during the last 20,000 years"

(as I said in other thread, the advent of agriculture and increased settlement greatly changed the value of camouflage aka pigmentation levels)

- - -

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature13962.html

See pics of engraved shell, ~450,000 year old zigzag pattern resembles Egyptian hieroglyh for water/owl n/m

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/fig_tab/nature13962_SF5.html

my comment to authors :

re. " Pseudodon clam lives in "forest streams and sandy, shallow areas in lakes and rivers" (p. 271 in Munro..." https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AAT/conversations/messages/62381

• Both lowland gorillas and chimpanzees climb and eat Raffelsia palm fruits in swamps. [fingers as tools]

• A Japanese researcher found that when bonobo chimps (~98% vegetarian) entered swamps, they spent most time digging earthworms. (benthic protein) [fingers as tools]

• Another researcher at Ndoki swamp found that lowland gorillas spent most time semi-submerged finger-raking floating hydrocharis (96%)(bouyant protein) [fingers as tools]

• Both Congo Pygmies and KhoiSan (southern Africa) gather mongongo nuts (arboreal/mastfall protein), Pygmy women gather the large oval leaves for hut shingles. [fingers, stones as tools]

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If folate, a B vitamin is mentioned why do you reply citing protein?
Posts: 42924 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Camouflage?? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

This is not Kindergarten.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jablonski: White skin originated in Europe as a result of natural selection.

Student: If this is true is it also correct to state that this "whitening" of skin was at the expense of basic human immunity?

Jablonski: Yes, this would be correct.

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the lioness, Folate is referred to in the top article on skin pigment.

My response (protein sources in hominoids) was to the authors of the 2nd article on Java shellfish consumption, since shellfish were an easily obtained source of protein.
- - -

xyyman, you are not an idiot, why do you insist on presenting yourself as one?

Until the advent of settled agriculture & technology, camouflage was always the overiding function of coat/skin/hair pigmentation in humans and virtually all locomotive life forms. It remains critical in hunting and wartime battles as well.
- - -

Narmerthoth, I often disagree with Jablonski's opinions, as I often disagree with Yours, Mike111's and Dr. Winter's opinions, but I appreciate getting data that is otherwise hard to find.

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shrugs! Sigh! Anecdotes ??!!

Good god the camouflage explanation for skin pigmentation. Ignore science ie UV protection and latitude. Ignore the ACTUAL genetic profile of Neanderthal, Denesovan, La Brana and countless scientific reports. And he comes up with ......wait.....CAMOUFLAGE !!! What an ....why do I bother.

QUOTE]Originally posted by DD'eDeN:
the lioness, Folate is referred to in the top article on skin pigment.

My response (protein sources in hominoids) was to the authors of the 2nd article on Java shellfish consumption, since shellfish were an easily obtained source of protein.
- - -

xyyman, you are not an idiot, why do you insist on presenting yourself as one?

Until the advent of settled agriculture & technology, camouflage was always the overiding function of coat/skin/hair pigmentation in humans and virtually all locomotive life forms. It remains critical in hunting and wartime battles as well.
- - -

Narmerthoth, I often disagree with Jablonski's opinions, as I often disagree with Yours, Mike111's and Dr. Winter's opinions, but I appreciate getting data that is otherwise hard to find.
[/QUOTE]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
So let me get this straight. White skin people are to the north because of the ….snow?. He! He! He! So it was difficult for the mountain lions to see them so they was not eaten? Or whit epeole hid in the snow better. He-Sus(Jesus)! How old are you…12?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
White skin hairy ancestors of today's black skin people lived in (+sub)tropical climates.

Black skin ancestors of today's white skin people lived in tropical climates.

Overall apricot tone was probably the average skin color overall since body hair reduction began due to changing sleeping habits from open great ape style subcanopy woven bowl nests to forest ground woven dome huts.

Today's white skin people derive from the area around the Baltic Sea where the Gulf Stream ends which produces consistent heavy cloud cover and much snow. Note that the Ice age and later melting changed climate in many areas.

What you seem to misunderstand is that the angle of the sun towards the poles means UV/IR/visible light transits through much thicker ozone and atmospheric dust/water before arriving in (northern)Europe compared to Equatoreal Africa, so the function of camouflage around (but less so deep inside the rainforest due to complete canopy coverage) the Congo is strong pigmentation to match strong light-shadow contrast, while polewards where sunlight is dimmer 1/3 of the year, ground albedo/reflectivity is high (angle of sunlight on open water/snow/ice) and forests are much more bare (leaf fall) 1/3 of the year, strong light-contrast pigmentation (black) camouflage is less advantageous than mild pigmentation (whitish-yellowish) camouflage. Camouflage blends an individual with the background.

Your confusion about the critical role of camouflage in species survival does not surprise me, you probably have never left your urban cubical.

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Jablonski (2012) clearly posits
  • Early members of the genus Homo and ancestral Homo sapiens evolved darkly pigmented skin, rich in the natural sunscreen eumelanin, as protection against the manifold negative effects of intense UVR on the skin and body [2,3]. Eumelanin absorbs and scatters ultraviolet and visible light, and prevents the formation of reactive oxygen species formed when UVR reacts with cellular contents in the skin [4,5]. The dark-skinned phenotype was established in the Homo lineage by about 1.2 Ma and has been maintained by strict stabilizing selection at the melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R) locus in African hominins ever since [6–8].

Homo sapiens only goes back 200k and so was originally black.
Even Homo heidlebergensi, the ancestor of Neanderthal and
sapiens was black skinned.

-
Homo heidelbergensis. 'Heidelberg Man.' This species was probably the last common ancestor of Neanderthals, in Europe,
and modern humans, in Africa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqk7YKh3aQg end of the song hear "Frankfurt, Munich, Heidelberg, Stuttgart"

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selassie high bredrin
Posts: 42924 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's I, not high, as in the first!
But of course you no know bout dat.

Can ya schop the pic n put a spliff in im mout?

If so then send to http://www.kenniskennis.com/site/Home/

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man of Jebel Irhoud Morocco per the Kennises:
"we only create animals and humans that really existed and they have to be scientifically accurate."

-

Initially considered to be North African Neandertals.
They are now grouped with other early anatomically
modern humans such as Qafzeh and Es Skhul in Israel

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Tukuler quoted "The dark-skinned phenotype was established in the Homo lineage by about 1.2 Ma"

So before ~1.2Ma, light-skinned phenotype was the norm.

That. is. what. I. said.

Note that humans are hairier than chimpanzees, regarding number of (dimunitive in human) hair follicles on the body.

Nina Jablonski has erred before, on skin fat, so it does not surprise me that her analysis does not reflect reality aka camouflage coats.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
I don't have time to check, but I think the Atlas mountains of Morocco are the homeland of the least-pigmented cercopith primate (in terms of eumelanin), it resembles the Japanese snow monkey.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Deleted
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
new thread on Clamshell inscription 430ka Java = 1st writing?

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com