EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The question of race in Morocco (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The question of race in Morocco
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/culture/2014/01/racism-black-slavery-morocco.html#

-

The question of race in Morocco

In the summer 2013, Moroccan newspapers published a sign posted on the wall of a residential building in Casablanca that said, “It is strictly prohibited to rent to Africans and unmarried persons. [Signed]: The general assembly of the building’s residents.”

The declaration sparked a wave of disapproval and condemnation of anti-African racism. The event revealed the country’s well-established racist behavior, a microcosm of which was represented in that building. The most recent example of racism was when Moroccan Muslim Brotherhood MP Al-Muqri Abu Zaid told the Saudis in Jeddah about “well-known traders of an inferior race,” referring to the tribes of Sous, in Agadir, Morocco.

The story spread and triggered a wave of anger. Abu Zaid denied being racist, yet as the campaign by Amazigh groups against him intensified, he issued an apology. The issue apparently ended with the apology. It’s like the story of the young man who collected all the cruel jokes against his father in a book and burned it. But the jokes didn’t die, because they represent real feelings.

There are jokes about the fear of having a black baby, about black smell, and about women using a harmful, cheap face cream that whitens the skin. The lyrics of one song say something along the lines of, “Put the henna [skin dye that is dark] aside, you are white, and that’s better.”

These utterances about race and skin color are very common in sport stadiums during football games between teams from Casablanca, Agadir and the countryside. In those stadiums, nationalism is reduced to repugnant regionalism and reveals that the people can be divided into 20 separate parts. That’s one world, and what’s happening in Moroccan areas near Mauritania is another. Over there, a contagion is hard at work.

On a morning in 2001, in the town of Tata, which lies 1,000 kilometers [621.4 miles] south of Rabat, a teacher expelled a schoolgirl and ordered a black classmate to follow her. The black girl followed her and, strangely, carried both school bags. I was a teacher at that secondary school, so I told one of my students to investigate the matter.

It turned out that the black student was the daughter of a black slave whose owner was the father of the expelled student. Theoretically, the father’s ownership of the slave ended in the mid-20th century. The freed slave gave in return what is known by white Arabs as al-talit, or “voluntary obedience.” It is a right that the former slaveholder has over the freed slave.

In “voluntary obedience,” the freed slave goes into the service of those who freed him and did good to him after he was humiliated. Those who “freed” him are in fact those who last bought him.

Someone once told me, “But, of course, some slaves have changed. Not all of them abided by the covenant. Some of them, because they entered into society, education, the economy and capitalism, have denied their relationship with their master despite the fact that [the slave’s] grandfather did not get the certificate of freedom.” I asked my interlocutor, “How did they become slaves?” He replied, “They were bought from Mauritania or were captured in the desert. The mother of the schoolgirl who carried the two school bags was bought in Mauritania.”

This is about the slaves who descend from the Moroccan Sahara (which the UN calls the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic). Currently, the daughters of Arab maids are married to black Amazigh from Tata. There are several labels for those blacks, such as asemkan, asoukin, al-harratin, and al-khummasin. The first label refers to the color of a certain kind of fish. The second label is derived from “souk,” or the market where they are bought and sold. The third label is about tilling the land, and the fourth label comes from tilling the land in return of keeping a fifth [khums] of the crop.

Moroccan are very sensitive to the term “al-khummasin” because it doesn’t refer to an inheritable status but to the lowest social status. Because of this perception, whites are called honest, and honest people do not marry blacks but may have intercourse with them on the basis of “what your right hand possesses.”

In north and south Morocco, people don’t like to marry their girls to dark-skinned men. Such men must persuade the girl they want to marry to persuade her sisters and brothers to accept him. He is expected not to object if he’s required to pay a higher dowry because of his skin color, and later he should bear with the racist jokes. On the other hand, some black men marry white women because of the man’s wealth.

Three years later, I received a report on field research on racism in ​​Tata. It was presented in the Division of Sociology at the University of Cadi Ayyad in Marrakech. The research found cemeteries and mosques just for blacks in some villages, such as Okjikal, Kasba, al-Jou, Aghadir, and al-Hina. It also found entire villages just for blacks and villages just for whites, which weakens intermixing. The research also found that wealth and power are concentrated in the hands of whites. That impacted social stratification in Tata, whose surface area is ​​25,925 square kilometers [10,010 square miles].

As for why the research was done, my former student Ibrahim Aybork said in the introduction to his research, “[I did it] for personal reasons, being a man with black skin who is not ashamed of it. I experienced racism both inside and outside my family. I had a problem understanding where I belong in the world. The same goes for children who have suffered psychologically and socially because of discrimination. I declare that I am a man with multiple [belongings] and whoever believes otherwise is his own enemy. It’s like trying to separate between the shade and the sun. This situation causes a social imbalance and raises political tension, and that hampers development programs in Tata.” These are facts. Some may say that there is equality in Morocco, but that’s not factually correct.

The above article was translated from As-Safir Al-Arabi, a special supplement of As-Safir newspaper whose content is provided through a joint venture of As-Safir and Al-Monitor.

Reader Comments:

meknassi • 2 years ago
This gallimaufry of hysterical ideas about the supposed racial dynamics in Morocco is too much and too little.

1: No empirical evidence verifying what you claim.

2: Al-Muqri Abu Zaid told the Saudis in Jeddah about “well-known traders of an inferior race,”??????????????

Al-Muqri Abu Zaid, as foolish as he is did not attribute racial inferiority to Soussi traders but instead he attributed stinginess and love of money to them. Its not clear if he tried to give these traits a genetic-basis or a cultural-basis, lets not act like we have enough information to determine that.

3: The UN does not recognise the "Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic," instead it calls the territory "Western Sahara." There is an appreciable difference between the two.

4: It should cause us relief that it is evidently difficult to write about racism in Morocco. Benaziz kindly demonstrated the difficulty. Writing about something that doesn't exist is always difficult and liable to fail.

as-Safir looks like it has been infiltrated by a Polisario sympathiser with an axe to grind.
2 • Reply•Share ›

Adil • 2 years ago
this article is non sense. Nothing of this is true.
2 • Reply•Share ›

Roderick Brown • 8 months ago
Thank you for posting this. I had wanted to visit Morroco and was learning about it before I setup my trip there. I see now the Pros and Cons of such a trip have shifted more in favor of the latter. Now that I have called off my trip to Morroco, can you recommend a place that is both racially diverse and welcoming of people near this region? I'm still weighing if Egypt is worth going to.
1 • Reply•Share ›

morrcan_student from germany • 2 years ago
I see that you understand NOTHING to Morocco you are an exile who is afraid to return to his country ,I agree with you that these facts, but that is not the reality of things, those are minor fact in Morocco is no difference we are Human, but you is rascist against Morrocan You discriminates between them because the live in peace and you want divided.
1 • Reply•Share ›

morrcan_student from germany • 2 years ago
I see that you understand NOTHING to Morocco you are an exile who is afraid to return to his country ,I agree with you that these facts, but that is not the reality of things, those are minor fact in Morocco is no difference we are Human, but you is rascist against Morrocan You discriminates between them because he live in peace and you want divided

http://info.umkc.edu/international/experiencing-racism-in-morocco/

EXPERIENCING RACISM IN MOROCCO
Posted on March 31, 2014 July 3, 2014 by Ida Ethiopia Ayalew

-
International Academic Programs

Hello my fellow Missourians!
I hope the sun has arrived early enough for you to enjoy the beginnings of spring.
This particular subject is something that I have been struggling with upon my arrival to Morocco.
Racism is always a heated topic of discussion in the United States (US) because of the its long affiliation with slavery. Coming to Morocco, I never expected to be openly discriminated against. I sincerely thought, ” I AM GOING HOME”. When I say home, I mean Africa. As an Ethiopian Diaspora, I view all the countries in Africa apart of me, I carry a piece of my cultural pride with me where ever I go, especially back home in the US. My expectations of Morocco were much of the same expectations I held for Ethiopia. I was expecting Moroccans to accept me with open arms, open arms for their African sister, but I was wrongly mistaken.
My first encounter with racism was shortly after my arrival in Morocco in August. Sitting in the Taxi, my friends were conversing with the driver about Morocco and my friend said something along the lines of, “I’m so excited to be in Africa”. The Taxi driver immediately said, “There are two Africa’s, black Africa and white Africa, Good Africa and Bad Africa”. The first real conversation we had with a Moroccan man in Casablanca soon painted a reoccurring theme I had with Moroccan locals. This state of differentiating between the white and black Africa.
After this encounter I just tried to brush off the conversation and head to my bed. I had a long exhausting twenty-six hour flight getting to Morocco, all I needed was a bed to just crash. Soon upon my arrival in Meknes I would receive stares, which isn’t anything out of the ordinary. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to blend into a homogeneous environment, but I was not expecting to receive the reactions (from some individuals). DON’T get me wrong, I have experienced PLENTY of racism in the US, but in America it’s behind closed doors and rude remarks with underlying tones of racism.
The only difference between Americans and Moroccans are people here are more inclined to be open their frustrations with sub-Saharan black people and Americans attempts to hide it. I do want to set the record STRAIGHT by also saying I can understand why some Moroccan locals are frustrated about the migration of sub-Saharan into Morocco. I am not making excuses for Morocco, but what most Sub Saharan people try to do is escape poverty (who can blame them??).
Sometimes people are willing to experience extremes for the taste of freedom.
Immigrants first diverge a plan to make it to Europe through Morocco. Essentially just trying to use Morocco as a transit, not a permanent place to live. First, they travel up through Mauritania, then through the Western Sahara, then up through Morocco. When arriving to Morocco, they head North to the Strait of Gibraltar. The body of water is a 13 km gap between Spain and Morocco. Both Moroccans and Sub-Saharan Africans either try to bribe their way onto the ferry which will carry them onto Spain, others try to sneak their way into the Cebta (the disputed Spainish territory Morocco), and other try and swim across. Those who try to swim across are mostly faced with a deadly fate of being shot, drowning, and very rarely there are some who make it to shore. All illegal citizens whether in Morocco or Spain either, A. burn their personal papers or B. don’t bring them, so the government has to deal with them. The government cannot deport them because they do not know the country of origin without papers.
The European Union has now made a HUGE push with additional funding for Morocco to secure its border patrol because of the how many illegal immigrants are making it into European countries. A lot of this racial tension comes from the new immigration laws and previous colonization. Morocco was a “protectorate of France”, another fancy meaning for colony. When the French came, they also divided the people of Morocco, between the Amizghr and the Arabs. Of course, like Napoleon said, Divide and Conquer. There was already racial tension between the two main ethnic groups in Morocco, but this additional pressure on Morocco is causing more racial tensions to soar even more with the immigration issues.
This is what is causing racial tensions.
There are many places in Casablanca which refuse to rent to Sub-Saharan Africans. This back lash against blacks has caused many institutionalized systems of Moroccan Jim Crow laws. It wasn’t until this year–2014 that King Mohammed the VI offered Sub-Saharan African children (who were born in Morocco) to a Moroccan father citizenship. Do not get me wrong, this is a GREAT step in the right direction, but the root issues for tension should be solved by the governments from which these people are trying to escape from. Most illegal citizens, both Moroccans and Sub-Saharan Africans, experience racism and poverty in Spain.
The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
People in both Morocco and Spain are frustrated. Morocco has a 30% unemployment rate, there are not jobs for those who are educated or those who are not. Which means there is a big competition of jobs for “blue collar” jobs. We see this frustration in the US with the (illegal) migration of Hispanic people. Sub-Saharan people and Moroccans are working for much lower wages in both Spain and Morocco to just compete with the job market. This is just like how the illegal Hispanic are treated in the US.
What is the solution? I sit here telling to you about how I’ve been called a nigger multiple times on the streets of Morocco and I have been physically assaulted, because I am a woman of color. At first all I could do was sulk in my bitterness, but now I know there are more positive ways to work towards a future of working together. NOW stop what your thinking AMERICANS, we AMERICANS (including myself) have a tendency to generalize people. I have experienced a lot of racism here, just as much as I have experience in America, BUT there have also been AMAZING people I have met here that DON’T care about the color of my skin. The key to moving forward is addressing this situation. I have been apart of amazing group of young Moroccans trying to make a change in Morocco. The first step as an outsider is to support locals to bring change to their communities. Change comes from within.

Many Moroccans are extremely hospitable people (besides Ethiopians [lol]) and have the kindest hearts.
My experience in Morocco has NOT and will NOT be tainted by ignorant people. Of course it does not make you feel good when people judge you based on something you cannot control (my skin color). There is nothing more that I love about myself than the color of my skin. It is a badge of pride that I wear. I’m not going to lie if I told you I haven’t wondered how much easier it would be to be white man. The treatment of my friends when we go places, for the most part, is exceptional. Experiencing some of this hatred has made me question a lot of things, but at the end of the day, there is nothing more than I am proud of than to be a beautiful brown woman and if that brings negative or positive understandings, I know I am working for a brighter future where we all work together.
I honestly LOVE Morocco and there is nothing in the world that could ever change the things I have confronted and dealt with here. It sucks that a small minority of stupid people sometimes are the face of the majority, but unlike those people I refuse to generalize Moroccans or Arabs.
I have to remember not that ONE person is not a REPRESENTATION of the whole society.
Love is colorblind.
أحبك (I love you),
Ida Ethiopia Ayalew

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kings of Morocco

-

Behold the true Muurs...

at Rasta Livewire

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/black-kings-of-morocco/

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
Kings of Morocco

-

Behold the true Muurs...

at Rasta Livewire

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/black-kings-of-morocco/

MUURZZZ!

Moulay Rashidi

-

Mulay al-Rashid was described at the time: “He is of middle size; his face is long and thin; his beard, forked and white, his color, almost (the darkest) black with a white mark near the nose” – Abbé Busnot, Histoire de Regne de Mouley Ismael, Roven, 1714

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
 -

Mulay Slimane or Suleiman (1766 – 28 November 1822) was the Sultan of Morocco from 1792 to 1822. Slimane was one of five sons of Mohammed III who fought a civil war for control of the kingdom. Slimane emerged victorious in 1795, and the country remained largely passive for the subsequent decades of his rule. He was a member of the Alaouite dynasty.

Slimane continued his father’s centralization and expansion of the kingdom, and most notably ended the piracy that had long operated from Morocco’s coast. As part of Morocco’s long running conflict with Spain and Portugal, Slimane halted all trade with Europe. However, he continued his father’s policies of close relations with the United States.

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At what point did "white" become right in Morocco ?

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kdolo:

When France colonised North Africa.

Racism is not whites being nasty to Blacks, racism was invented as a liberation ideology to free Europe from its founders who were brown and black complexioned African Europeans.

Racism and human races were inventd to give pink immigrants in Europe, who becamme the majority, human status and then political rights. They were pariahs for 5000 year, not accepted as humans, and were kept as slaves and shoe leather cattle.

This political power was immdiately used to change history, and change all portraits, to turn pinks into Europeans and founders of human civilization.

To be able to claim Egypt, they invented African Caucasians who were pink people with a black skin.

Morroccans were told that they were whites and the Blacks in Afrika are the Africans. So pinks out of nowhere invaded Africa, married some low Black women, became outwardly Black, and build the pyramids. They only look Black, they is pink people.

Arabs have their own esthetics and consider a white skin beautiful. Their white skin is different then the pink skin, as it appears along black complexiond siblings. Its ivory white in winter, and they always have dark eyes, dark hair, and they tan. They do not burn in the sun, a trait which distinguishes pinks from Europe who descend mainly from albinos.

Tonight, while eating a lovely Napoli pizza in Agadir, made by a handsome brown, curly haired Moroccan, I requested to watch music clips. One was with a singr who looked fair, not pink, and a girl who was clearly very dark complexioned. She looked like an Asian, a beaty from the Phillipines. I gues they are starting to come around because a large part of Moroccans is quite brown if not black complexioned.

Its these factlets about the North Africans in Europe, th first Europeans, that Blumenbach used, and what is used today to say Arabs are whites and slaveowners, and manipulate Blacks further in looking for blame elsewhere.

If we focus on ending racism, and realise we have only ourselfs to end racism, we will dismiss misinformation like this. It just a bunch of lies to deceive.

Young Moroccans I speak to are very eager to hear that pyramids were built by Blacks and that the pinks are not native to Europe. That the European civilization i a North African civilisation, their heritage. They all agree that the pink who visit Morocco do not look like Moroccans. The fairest Moroccan is never so pink as any European is.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://magazine.good.is/articles/defining-race-has-never-been-easy

race and complexion...

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egmond is race and racism the same thing?

Secondly you keep telling us what the purpose of racism is and why Blacks invented it but can you give us a definition of it ?
What is racism? Not why was it invented but what is it's definition?

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Arabs have their own esthetics and consider a white skin beautiful.'

...those 'white' Arabs are not real Arabs tho....they are Albino Turks and their mulattoes....

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

...those 'white' Arabs are not real Arabs tho....they are Albino Turks and their mulattoes....

-
The Ottoman Empire - Greatest extent and losses up to 1914

The Ottoman empire did not extend to Morocco

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

The french took over Morocco in 1911

Prior to that and some interventions of Portugal it was ruled by the Alaouites who go back to 1667. After Morocco gained independance rule returned to the Alaouites who remain to this day.

At the end of the 13th century, the Alaouites came from Hejaz in Arabia to Morocco

-
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Ambassador_Admiral_Abelkader_Perez_1723_1737.jpg
Moroccan Admiral Abdelkader Perez was sent
by Ismail Ibn Sharif as an ambassador
to England in 1723.

-
Ismail Ibn Sharif "Mulay Ismael"

Mulay Ismaïl
is noted as one of the greatest figures in Moroccan history.
He fought the Ottoman Turks in 1679, 1682 and 1695/96.

http://arabroyalfamily.com/kingdom-of-morocco/moroccos-royal-family-alaouite-dynasty/

Morocco’s Alaouite Dynasty

Morocco’s Royal Family are descendants of the Alaouite Dynasty, which has been ruling since 1631 when its founder, Moulay Ali Cherif, became Prince of Tafilalt. At this time authority to rule the region was passed from the Saadi Dynasty to the Alaouite Dynasty, both of which are believed to be descended from the Prophet Muhammad through his daughter Fatima and her husband the 4th Caliph Ali, who was a cousin of the prophet. With common ancestry, the transfer of power from the Saadi Dynasty to the Alaouite Dynasty, while not being without conflict, had a sense of continuity, adding a strong case of legitimacy enabling the Royal Family to endure through colonial rule, a period when the country was divided between Spanish and French authorities, and subsequent independence.

Legend has it that in the 13th century inhabitants of Tafilalet persuaded Al Hassan Addakhil to move from his hometown of Yanbu in Hijaz (modern-day western Saudi Arabia) to reside in the Moroccan oasis town as the community’s imam. The reasoning behind this request was that, as a descendant of the Prophet Muhammad (saws), Al Hassan Addakhil possessed a blessing, or divine presence, which would help the community to thrive, and even have a beneficial effect on their date palm crops. The descendants of Al Hassan Addakhil prospered in the region, increasing their status and power.

Following the conquest of Marrakech by Al-Rashid and the ousting of the last sultan of the Saadi Dynasty, the Alaouite Dynasty began to take shape with Ismail Ibn Sharif as its leader. History reveals that Ismail Ibn Sharif (1672-1727) ruled the region with the military might of an army of black slaves from sub-Saharan Africa that came to be known as the ‘Black Guard’, driving the British from Tangiers in 1684, and later driving the Spanish from the harbor town of Larache. Following this dauntless leader’s death, disunity set in among Morocco’s tribes once again until Muhammad III (1757-1790) appeased the restless tribes by allowing them autonomy.

Under the leadership of Muhammad IV (1859-1873), followed by Hassan I (1873-1894), the Alaouite Dynasty promoted trade with the United States and European countries, while modernizing the army and administrative infrastructure to control Berber and Bedouin tribes. Increased contact with European countries took a turn during the war against Spain (1859-1860), with the Conference of Madrid in 1880 guaranteeing Moroccan independence. However, in two incidents which became known as the First and Second Moroccan Crisis in 1905 and 1911, Germany resisted attempts by France and then Britain to take control of Morocco. Between 1912 and 1956, Morocco was a French Protectorate, with the country obtaining its current independent status in 1956 during the rule of King Mohammed V (1955-1961). King Mohammed V was followed by King Hassan II (1961-1999), with King Mohammed VI being the current head of Morocco’s Royal Family, thereby continuing the lineage of the Alaouite Dynasty in Morocco.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been in the Moroccan airport, Casa Blanca many times and have spent as much as 10 hours in transit. As a result I have a very good idea of the racial makeup of Moroccans--from those who work at the airport and from those who are flying out or arriving.

The vast majority of Moroccans look like people who come from the Dominican Republic--not white and not Haitian black--just in between. Though there are some with crinkly hair and are deep brown in colour. The "whitest" ones look like Kim Kardashian while the "blackest" ones look like those black Dominican baseball players.

But it is a fact that blacks in North Africa are automatically referred to as "abd" or "slave" and are subject to many indignities. A female family member--like other West Africans--once attended a university in Morocco and was often subjected to loud insults by youths driving by in cars. But as the author of the piece wrote, some Moroccans were quite friendly and non-prejudiced. C'est la vie.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of settler Arabs in North Africa and West Asia are bare-faced liars when they claim to be descendants of Muhammad. This phenomenon is known as "Sherifism" and is merely a way to gain some false prestige. The King of Jordan is an example of such.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Kings of Morocco

-

Behold the true Muurs...

at Rasta Livewire

MUURZZZ!

Moulay Rashidi

-

Mulay al-Rashid was described at the time: “He is of middle size; his face is long and thin; his beard, forked and white, his color, almost (the darkest) black with a white mark near the nose” – Abbé Busnot, Histoire de Regne de Mouley Ismael, Roven, 1714

Sidi Ben Abd Allah

-

Sidi Mohamed Ben Ibrahim Ben Abdallah Chikh Zaouia Ziyania Kandoussiya 1894-1918

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
I have been in the Moroccan airport, Casa Blanca many times and have spent as much as 10 hours in transit. As a result I have a very good idea of the racial makeup of Moroccans--from those who work at the airport and from those who are flying out or arriving.

The vast majority of Moroccans look like people who come from the Dominican Republic--not white and not Haitian black--just in between. Though there are some with crinkly hair and are deep brown in colour. The "whitest" ones look like Kim Kardashian while the "blackest" ones look like those black Dominican baseball players.

But it is a fact that blacks in North Africa are automatically referred to as "abd" or "slave" and are subject to many indignities. A female family member--like other West Africans--once attended a university in Morocco and was often subjected to loud insults by youths driving by in cars. But as the author of the piece wrote, some Moroccans were quite friendly and non-prejudiced. C'est la vie.

Thanks for a first hand account and returning us to the topic ,MODERN Morocco
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
....Thanks for a first hand account and returning us to the topic ,MODERN Morocco

Any time, Haney [Razz] .

Muurzzzz!

Sultan Abdel Al=Rahman 1822 – 1859

-

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Interesting lamin, that you compare Morroco to Dominican Republic.

Dominicams are known for their magnificent racial confusion.

A largely Black people with unmistakeable and obvious to any observer Negro DNA who think they are white .....

Or everything but Black.

Mass mental illness......

--------------------
Keldal

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
Egmond is race and racism the same thing?

Secondly you keep telling us what the purpose of racism is and why Blacks invented it but can you give us a definition of it ?
What is racism? Not why was it invented but what is it's definition?

Lioness; you represent the ministery of MISINFORMATION. i AM bLACK AND FROM sURINAM and I am here on the ground to observe north Africans. I do not think any black ever did this. The people who want to end racism and know how disinformation is used will disregard anything Lioness and her team tells us here. The truth is usually just the opposite. Blacks civilized pinks; not the other way around. Civilization started in Africa. There is NO PINK CIVILIZATION IN THIS WORLS. pINKS WHO WERE PARIAH FOR 5000 years inherited the European civilization because Blacks were fighting each other. And we still see the effect of this civilization as they act like genetically selected cattle.

I only speak of human types because I want to end racism. The majority of the people in this world are brown or black; pinks are a minority. They want to swell their number by claiming light brown or beige others and tell them they are whites. So was the socalled white race constructed. Greek statues were scrubbed white and declared to be pinks.

The pinks have according to our Mike111 a different history. They are descendents from albinos who left Africa as a group. Mike111; your site is the only one in the world that gives a credible history of pinks; but you should call them pinks as they are pink and not white; and the Greek and Roman elite were North Africans. We get to see a selection of portrait statues and the negro ones the pinks call foreign ambassodor or some nonsense like this.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

I lived 35 years in Holland. As they are gearing up for holocaust they have casted Moroccans in the role of the former jews in Europe. They are blamed for everything. And like the jews their elite and European political leaders have long ago sold them out. They are lost and to my research holocaust will go wild in september 2015. And they teach Dutch Blacks about the evil enslaving Arab or Muslims as their enemy. The US wants Blacks to register in the army to go and kill Arabs
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:

Saying Morroccans hate Blacks is like saying Americans hate Blacks. Americans do not want to marry Blacks.

So the Americans are all pink people....
So the Moroccans are all white complexioned...

The Senegalese and Maliens stream into Morocco and often have a higher and better life style standard of living then Moroccans as is usual with immigrants. They often talk about discrimination and I then wonder then how and why the hell are you still here. Why the hell did you leave your own safe and nice black country. If the moroccans hated blacks because of their looks; they would not have them in their country.

This book BLACKS IN RENAISSANCE EUROPE is full of contradictions about pinks hating the sight of Blacks. Blacks were created to be slaves for pinks. Why did the nobility give Blacks positions in their households; why did Blacks lead noble parades. Why was Alessandro de Medici never attacked on his blackness; only on the low status of his servant mother. He married the natural daughter of Charles V Habsburg and was the first Medici who was enobled.

He was not close to his mother; in letters she begs for money; she married and had other children.

https://www.google.com/search?q=african+violence&rlz=1C1RLBG_enMA592MA592&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI66b574nUxwIVxF4eCh3hsgX9&biw=1152&bih=773

BLACKS HATE BLACKS....

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

http://maroc.marocain.biz/photos-images/Lyautey-et-Moulay-Youssef-550x360.jpg

-

Moulay Youssef is the man on the left and he was the father of Mohamed V who was the father of Hassan II who was the father of the present ling Mohamed VI.

As internet is the kingdom of misinformation its hard to find black images of this white king. Moulay Rashid; the brother of the present lking inherited the very dark skin of their father Hassan II. European royal magazines shom Lalla Salma; the kings consort as she has ivory white skin. She attends royal celebrations in Europe. They ignore black complexioned royalty. The ones from Asia are mentioned. Never the Saudies. The king of Jordan has a pink mother.

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nina Jablonski presents an interesting take on the dynamics of light Vs Dark mating between men and women.

What about differences between the sexes? Don’t men tend to have darker skin than women?

On average, men are darker than women in every population that has been examined. Sometimes this difference is subtle; sometimes it’s greater. Certainly some of it has to do with the physiological needs of the two sexes. Women need to make more vitamin D during their lives, especially when they’re pregnant and breastfeeding, to mobilize enough calcium for their offspring. So they are probably lighter because of this. But we also know that in many peoples across the world there has been a preference for one sex or even both sexes to be lighter colored. In Japan and India, it’s important for a wife to have lightly pigmented or nearly white skin. Where we actually see systematic preference, there’s sexual selection for individuals with lightly pigmented skin.

Wouldn’t it work the other way as well—that women would find men with darker skin more attractive?

Yes, in some cases that’s probably true. In Japan, we know it’s true from sociological studies. In India, however, most groups of men and women select for the lightest possible mates. So we have this interesting phenomenon where not only biological forces but also social forces lead to differences in pigmentation between the sexes or even between groups.

I have observed this to be true in Asia, especially Korea and the islands where men are one or two shades darker than women on average.
Not only aqre men outdoors for longer periods of time than women, but women are also far more susceptible to artificial social constructs.

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by Narmerthoth:
Nina Jablonski presents an interesting take on the dynamics of light Vs Dark mating between men and women.

What about differences between the sexes? Don’t men tend to have darker skin than women?

On average, men are darker than women in every population that has been examined. Sometimes this difference is subtle; sometimes it’s greater. Certainly some of it has to do with the physiological needs of the two sexes. Women need to make more vitamin D during their lives, especially when they’re pregnant and breastfeeding, to mobilize enough calcium for their offspring. So they are probably lighter because of this. But we also know that in many peoples across the world there has been a preference for one sex or even both sexes to be lighter colored. In Japan and India, it’s important for a wife to have lightly pigmented or nearly white skin. Where we actually see systematic preference, there’s sexual selection for individuals with lightly pigmented skin.

Wouldn’t it work the other way as well—that women would find men with darker skin more attractive?

Yes, in some cases that’s probably true. In Japan, we know it’s true from sociological studies. In India, however, most groups of men and women select for the lightest possible mates. So we have this interesting phenomenon where not only biological forces but also social forces lead to differences in pigmentation between the sexes or even between groups.

I have observed this to be true in Asia, especially Korea and the islands where men are one or two shades darker than women on average.
Not only aqre men outdoors for longer periods of time than women, but women are also far more susceptible to artificial social constructs.

The pink researchers who wanted conformation that Arabs are pinks and hate Blacks have a vested interest to show the whole world hates Blacks. According to pinks racism is like an inborn trait with pinks who hate the look of Blacks as their black colour makes all of them ugly.

Races were invented to defeat the Black master, founders of the Europe civilization. Racism was a liberation ideology.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:

Lamin, I thought a lot about your statement. While I have been living here for a year I still hesitate to make general claims. Others spent 10 hours in transit and have a very good idea about the racial make up. So much so they can distinguish between who works at the airport and who comes and goes. Could you go over your statement again please?
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
To Egmond:

First, I did not make general claims. Reread my post. I said in so many words that some Moroccans have an attitude towards dark Africans. Others do not.

I said I have been at the airport in Casa Blanca many times and I had a chance to eyeball Moroccans to get an impression of their looks. Their attitudes towards dark Africans can vary just as with other groups. Some whites are friendly, some are not. Some Chinese are friendly, some are not, etc.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
To Egmond:

First, I did not make general claims. Reread my post. I said in so many words that some Moroccans have an attitude towards dark Africans. Others do not.

I said I have been at the airport in Casa Blanca many times and I had a chance to eyeball Moroccans to get an impression of their looks. Their attitudes towards dark Africans can vary just as with other groups. Some whites are friendly, some are not. Some Chinese are friendly, some are not, etc.

This boy Lamin is a pink ass living in Norway so what would you expect but lies...

MUURZ:

-

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-black-kings-of-morocco-presented-by-oguejiofo-annu/

Sultan Moulay Hafid and his little Nephew Hassan II who later became the Sultan

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
Racism was invented as a liberation ideology BY BLACKS FROM THE BOURRGEOISIE TO GET Rid of THEIR FELLOW bLACKS WHO WERE THE NOBILITY.

The missing link in historiography, the year of 1848, when 97 percent of Europe was given political rights and when the trade in human leather was ended. Pinks were emancipated only 166 years ago, and changed the face of history to hide that they were not considered humans or Europeans for 5000 years.

I have discovered this and this information will end racism...

Ok, I get what you're saying
Racism = the invention of Race

Bourgeoisie Blacks invented racism/race in order liberate themselves from Black nobles

They attempted this by empowering the pinks who were of the lowest class, who were regarded as sub human, the Pinks (white people)
But they screwed up because the Pinks took over.

So you are proposing that if this history is revealed that if society knows this that it will end the concept of race/racism

See, Egmond. I am the only one that understands you here.

But I'm still trying to understand how knowing this history would lead to the end of the concept of race.
It seems like it could have the opposite effect.

Right now in American and Europe the pinks don't like to be called racists. It is considered a bad word. A few people who identify themselves as white supremacists might also call themselves racist and even while they might do racist things most don't like to be called racist.

So if now, you present racism as not a bad thing but something that freed and liberated people and not only that was invented by blacks, it seems like people might start celebrating racism. They would probably start new national parades "National Racism Day - the key to our Freedom" that sort of thing

Egmond I know people here are wondering how your proposal won't strengthen racism rather than end it.
Most people consider freedom a good thing. So if now you are saying racism freed people then no one is going to want to end it and the Black bourgeoisie far outnumbers the Black nobility.

If racism = the concept of race itself, it seems that to end that people would have to begin by not categorizing people by skin color. So it begins with correct use of language.

Another thing you are saying that doesn't make sense is that you are saying prior to the revolutions of the Pinks that was started by the Black bourgeois who invented racism to free them there was no racism.

So you are saying that back in the old days when the Black nobility was oppressing the middle class and also considering the Pinks as sub humans whose skins they used to make shoe leather, you suggest that that was not a racism and that was the good times.

So I can see what your saying. We as Black people need to raise up a new nobility and put the Pinks back in their rightful place as our slaves. That is the old racism where the roles were reversed.
But I can see how part of your strategy could work. If we say "End Racism" and white people go for it it could allow us to get morre power. Then when the time is right we take over and bring back the old days when white people are the slaves.

Now I now why you are in North Africa
Because Morocco is where Moulay Ismail had enslaved many thousands of white Europeansas well as the Barbary coast slave states along the coast or North Africa.

Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery in the Mediterranean, the Barbary Coast and Italy, 1500-1800 (Early Modern History) Paperback – November 4, 2004

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Racism against black doesn't happen only in western White countries. The Mulato or Brown countries of North Africa, Middle East, Latin America are very racist against dark skin black people. The Europeans when they colonized 2/3 of the world 500 years ago established a worldwide anti black racist system to justify the African slave trade and the stealing the American continents.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:

When or if you follow me and live in Marokko for a year you will see something they never teach us. Here two siblings can be fair and black.

The few that are ivory white in winter have black eyes and dark hair. They do not live seperate from their dark brethren.

Racism is not a natural emotion but was constructed as a liberation ideology to free Europe from its founders. We do not see the true origins of racism, why it was needed, because all portraits of the masters, the blacks were over painted to make them look pink.

To understand and see this proof we need to put away books for a moment and go into the museums.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

http://moroccoonthemove.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/165c967e688a926e01c2a537cc76786d29bdf5f1.jpg

-

The government of Morocco with the first Negro of state, the king in front. I see all complexions represented here...and non is pink, thank god.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
Racism against black doesn't happen only in western White countries. The Mulato or Brown countries of North Africa, Middle East, Latin America are very racist against dark skin black people. The Europeans when they colonized 2/3 of the world 500 years ago established a worldwide anti black racist system to justify the African slave trade and the stealing the American continents.

There are many reasons why one nation might look down on another nation. But the racism against Blacks; I will end today, is because Europe needed to be freed from its Black founders and the pinks had to hide the fact that till 1848 they were shoe leather and pariahs for Black negroes in Europe.

The Europeans who colonized parts of the world 500 years ago were BLACKS.

Europe was till 1848 a BLACK CIVILIZATION.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
To Egmond:

Thank you sir.

When you will condescend to live among these light skinned negroes you will not only eyeball, but probe them too, these lovely, sweet humans.

Its 2015 and I drink from communal cups in restaurants, on the street. I am a Surinam Moroccan and I loath anyone saying anything negative about any Moroccan.

How are things these days between the Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa Nigerians?

I reckon you are Ibo, from Biafra? Or rather a Hausa and a Muslim?

In Suriname BUKU means book, and you have BOKO HARAM which means BOOKS ARE FORBIDDEN. Our Suriname language came from Africa and was probably a lingua franca among the coast of Africa.

We call the Dutch BAKRA and perhaps you can help us to understand its meaning. The first Dutch masters were brown and blacks, not the pinks we
see today. They need to be driven away from their monopoly hold on media and education in Suriname.

http://moroccoonthemove.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/165c967e688a926e01c2a537cc76786d29bdf5f1.jpg

-

The Moroccan government; while you did your 10 hour research in the VIP lounge at Casablanca airport you might have seen some of these people, no? They aint pinks.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Lioness, you sound so pink, yet you say WE to maka me believe You are Black. And somehow did would matter to me?

I do not know you, you have a reason to hide your identity, which means you know you are up to no good.

I notice that the fact thet I discovered that portraits were over painted irks you and your employer and you cannot even bring it up in your pseudo summation of what you once called my teachings.

The founders of Europe were already established when pink immigrants arrived and they made a choice not to give them equal rights, but to enslave them. As if they were cattle, and needed domestication.

My idea of research is first to give a good reconstruction. Not issue blame or play judge.

That is not my definition or the purpose of historical research.

Historical research must have a purpose and mine is ending Racism right now, while you seem hellbent on propagating white supremacy.

I speak about these Blacks who founded Europe as slavemasters and making use of human leather.

People with a brain might understand my feelings about such persons.

A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So let us get this straight Egmond. Your idea of ending racism is by telling white people that the reason why they are racist is because they were enslaved by black overlords who used their skin for leather, and that they should understand and forgive and forget because we are one happy human family.
Are you serious about this, or are you just plain nuts?

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snakepit1
Member # 21736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakepit1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps he's a little bit of both ^^
Posts: 117 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/e9/17/d9e9171bc83e10cf428d1472fe7c70b2.jpg

-

The caftan is the most prestigious of dressing in Morocco and is a culmination of fantasy, art, skills and tradition...

Some of the girls are clearly dark skinned and are lighted optically...

But the point is the black ones are hired, even though not totally conforming to prevailing standards of beauty, but they are not seen as less then humans..Blacks do not live in seperate neighbourhoods in Morocco.

Soon, they will have a truly black, black skinned girl and the Middle East will explode..

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

http://solarey.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/shades-of-beauty-07.jpg

-

I could not find a single Black arabian beauty in google. They offer black horses. This means Blacks need to get cracking. Do you never travel to Arabian lands?

I often see Black Moroccan young women, and we will always exchange looks, as Blacks are only really interested in other Blacks. And we do not want to be pink, thank you, no matter how many crazy Michael Jacksons run wild in this world.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

People who want to end racism today and want to follow me should disregard everything THE LIONEES CORPORATION brings to this forum.

I am not a black suprematist, i do not ache for shoes made of lioness her skin. I study history to understand how these pinks ever became superior and the norm of things. Like hell they are.

Instead of fighting and bloodshed, we need to adress the great problem of the over paints in all museums, hiding the Blacks who founded Europe and the USA too.

CelticWarrioress
Banned
Member # 19701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CelticWarrioress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egghead stop with the dang lies already, you most definitely are a Black supremacist. A no good low down, demon from hell, Black racist, Black supremacist White people hating demon. You don't want to end racism, you simply want racism reversed.
Posts: 3257 | From: Madisonville, KY USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
I wonder if there are any pink skin leather shoes still in existence ??

--------------------
Keldal

A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egmond I think you have a problem relating to black women. Why don't you give up your gay attitude, or even go on the down low (God forbid), so long as you don't get HIV infected(God forbid)?

Charity begins at home. Focus on improving the condition of black people first, by ceasing to be gay and have a proper relationship with a black women and raise some children. After you make your contribution to keeping black people on an upwardly mobile path, you can then start focusing on the human race as a whole, and start working on racism.

--------------------
The Habsburg Agenda - Defending Western Christian civilization

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
Soon, they will have a truly black, black skinned girl and the Middle East will explode..
Morocco in my books is not the Middle East--a colonial invention from the vantage point of Britain and France. Morocco is in North West Africa. Cut out this MENA/Sub-Sahara Africa nonsense talk.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/07/27/6-african-countries-hostile-towards-black-people/

-

6 African Countries That Are Hostile Toward Black People

July 27, 2014 | Posted by A Moore

Morocco

Travelers to Morocco often describe the stunning landscape with mountains, deserts, valleys, and uninterrupted miles of beaches on the Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts. What’s often overlooked is the way Black people are treated in the country.
In a 2010 Afrik-news.com article, author Smahane Bouyahia reports that Blacks in Morocco — natives, immigrants from elsewhere in Africa, and African-Americans — are often targets of racial discrimination.
“In Morocco, and north Africa, there is a serious problem of racism towards Black people. Called ‘Black Africans,’ they are considered descendants of slaves and labeled ‘hartani’—literally, ‘second-rate free men’—or even worse, ‘aâzi’—which translates to ‘bloody Negro.’ Blacks in Morocco, be they students, migrants from the south of the Sahara or others, are constant victims of discrimination,” Bouyahia wrote.
In 2012, French cable news channel, France 24, reported that a Moroccan newsweekly magazine published an article about sub-Saharan Africans coming into the country. The title of the article was “Le péril noir,” the black peril, or the black menace.
France 24 also displayed the cover page of another Moroccan magazine, written in Arabic, with an image of what appears to be African immigrants standing in front of a building under the title caption: “The black crickets invading Morocco’s north.”
One student highlighted in Bouyahia’s article described his experience studying in Morocco:
“Often, when I’m just walking down the street, people will call me a “dirty Black man” or call me a slave. Young Moroccans have physically assaulted me on several occasions, for no reason, and passers-by who saw this didn’t lift a finger to help me. All my friends are Black and they have all had similar experiences. Even the girls get insulted in the street. To avoid getting hurt, I now try to ignore the insults. But if someone starts to hit me, what can I do? I have to defend myself.”

Libya

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi had for many years allowed guest workers to travel from all over Africa to find work in Libya. However, during the 2011 Libyan civil war, rumors began to surface that sub-Saharan mercenaries paid for by Gadhafi were being used to attack demonstrators in Libya’s towns and cities.
Although several NGOs found no evidence of such mercenaries, the rumors were followed by gruesome attacks on the country’s many Black African migrant workers. But animosity toward Black immigrants did not begin with the civil war.
Amnesty International researcher Diana Eltahawy said the rebels taking control of Libya tapped into “existing xenophobia.”
In his 2011 Thinkafricapress.com article, Beyond Mercenaries: Racism In North Africa, Tom Little writes:
“In spite of evidence showing widespread violence against migrant workers trying to escape the turmoil, the foreign press suggested that these attacks were regrettable but to be expected given the atrocities committed by [Gadhafi’s] mercenaries. Few, however, picked up on the fact that these attacks are symptomatic of a racial prejudice that is deeply rooted and widely spread throughout North Africa and the wider Arab world.”

Egypt

While traveling in Egypt, its good to note that according to an article by Al Jazeera, Black Egyptians and immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa face daily incidents of racism and prejudice.
Reuters reporter Cynthia Johnston reports in her article, Egypt’s African Migrants Dodge Rocks, Fight Racism, that migrant workers from Burkina Faso, Ghana, Sudan, Cameroon, Niger and Chad have suffered daily abuse at the hands of Egyptian Arabs. Some have been stoned, shouted at, spat on and even stabbed at as they go about their business in the streets, according to her article.
Several media outlets reported a December 2005 incident, where Egyptian riot police brutally attacked a camp of Sudanese refugees in Cairo who were protesting their treatment. In front of television cameras, at least 23 refugees were killed, and hundreds of others were injured, arrested, imprisoned or deported. There was little public protest.
Black Africans report verbal harassment and negative language, such as being called “oonga boonga” or samara [black], as well as physical attacks in the streets by the public and even by Egyptian law enforcement officials, reports Michael Curtis, writer for Gatestone Institute, a New York international policy think tank.
Blacks are being stopped for random identity checks on the basis of skin color, and have faced arbitrary roundups, he continued.
In a 2011 article on Root.com, the author reports that southern Sudanese women are routinely targets of verbal public abuse. Carloads of Arab men drive by them, hanging out of windows, shouting catcalls, or making loud demands for sexual favors.
Although Nubians are among the indigenous inhabitants of what is now considered modern Egypt, they are not spared discrimination based on skin color.
Nada Zeitoun, a Nubian filmmaker from the upper Egyptian city of Aswan, was denied service at a pharmacy in central Cairo in 2013 because the pharmacist said he “didn’t accept money from Black hands.”

Mauritania

Since it gained its independence from France in 1960, Mauritania has struggled with ethnic tension between the Afro-Mauritanians and so-called Arab-Mauritanians.
In 1989, thousands of Black Mauritanians were forced to flee to neighboring Senegal and Mali. They were reportedly forcibly deported by the Mauritanian military, according to an interview given to NPR by Souleymane Sagna, an aid worker in the country.
“The situation of those Black Mauritania was quite particular, in that very often people are moving during a conflict, but in the case of the Negro Mauritanians, there have been many militarily deported through military trucks to Senegal and Mali,” she said.
Today, although Mauritania officially abolished slavery for a third time in 2007, making it punishable by up to ten years in prison, the practice still exists.
In the northwestern African country, Arab Muslims—called the Bidanes, still hold Haratine (enslaved Africans) as property. An estimated 90,000 Mauritanians remain essentially enslaved, as previously reported by Atlanta Blackstar.

Algeria

Many migrants from sub-Saharan Africa moved to Libya to find jobs, but because of that country’s current crisis, more of them are making homes in other countries, such as Algeria.
In Algeria’s city of Boufarik, hundreds of migrants live in area known by locals as “the African camp” or “the camp of the Blacks.”
With the increase of sub-Saharan migrants in the country, Algerians are becoming openly racist, accusing them of being dirty, jobless and spreading diseases. Local media outlets are also playing an important role in the increase of racism against the migrants.
The daily Al-Fajr (The Dawn) published an article declaring, “Thousands of Africans invading the streets of the capital,” and blaming them for “spreading epidemics and other social ills, such as trafficking in counterfeit money.”

Tunisia

Tunisia, like its other Arabic neighbors in North Africa, has a significant Black population as well as migrant workers from sub-Saharan Africa, although their exact numbers are unknown. They are noticeably absent in up-and-coming neighborhoods, and are largely found living in cheap, overcrowded structures in run-down areas such as La Goulette.
In 2004, Tunisian journalist Affet Mosbah wrote for Jeune Afrique, describing the difficulties of being Black and Tunisian. She talked of the widespread custom of calling Black Arabs “oussif” or “abid,” Arabic terms that refer back to Black slaves common in the Middle East until the beginning of the 20th century.
Mosbah explained that this custom is so embedded in the culture that Tunisians call their Black friends by these offensive names, insensitive to how offensive they are.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:

Some American governor of some American state attended some function proudly wearing his shoes of humanleather from a named victim and they are somewhere in an American museum. As are the books bound in human leather. If one really wants to know, there is google. An American book on the human leather trade has completely dissapeared from google books. But it should be in libraries if books are not yet burned.
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

I will google SANDNIGGER because I wonder when it was coined and by who.

Being here in Morocco and looking the whole day at these Arabs, I sggest we stick with the name and focus on NIGGER -NEGRO.

Them is BLACK and by mixing all have classical Negro look DNA in them gonads..

THey have the same ancestors as the European elite who were thus just niggers.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:

I tried to show one yesterday but a lot of problems to get and isolate the image.

Some US governor attended a function in human shoes from a named victim. It must have been a very common thing. Pinks were perceived as animals till 1848. Today Blacks keep themselves down. Whenever Dr.Clyde Winter tells us the slave masters were pinks, he is telling a lie and makes them larger then they are....

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Pinks are a tiny majority in this world and dominate a few countries. They inheretid powerfull civilizations, where they were first slaves and pariahs. They can still do so because Blacks like Dr Clyde Winters teaches us about Afrocentrism and Eurocentrism while all of history and science is by and about Blacks.

Pinks classify other light skinned peoples into their pink army. But a ivory Arab or Indian has nothing to do with pinks. If he would settle in REurope he will suddenly discover he is less white then he was led to believe. They will gladly holocaust his ass.

Israelies are no pinks.

We do not know this because all portraits were over painted pink in 1848. But we can still see it and its reversible.

I was in Aoulous up in the mountains and the people are mostly as summer progresses, dark brown. I see many full blooded negroes and touched one his hair to feel if it was really stiff and nappy as it looked. It was.

I saw one light skinned young man several times. As I only saw dark skinned ones, he looked very ivory, when I saw him among his friends he was ivory, but after it wore out he looked very light brown, like light caramel.

Perhaps the Arabs liked white beauty because its rare. But as the other Africans from Senegal and Nigeria like to bleach their skin, this esthetic idea cannot be only blamed on Arabs. Its a thing in Africa, and Asia too.

If we want to succeed we need to stop putting blame on others and see how we can change
ourselves.

https://www.google.com/search?q=white+arab&client=firefox-beta&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAWoVChMImoGHloblxwIVSVgUCh1vQg4A&biw= 1280&bih=871

I googled white arab

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

I googled SANDNIGGER

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sand_nigger

Native Americans were once known as TIMBER NIGGERS..

Mike111 showed us many photos of them native americans and Lord did they look like Niggers. So here we have a second source to confirm what we saw. In this way I synthesize information...

My mothers granny is a pure Caraib Native Surinamese we called Oma Peepee, Granny granny. So I am blasted from all sides with blackness...

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

SURINAAMSE CARAIBEN CALLED KRIBISI INDJIE

https://www.google.com/search?q=caraiben+indianen&client=firefox-beta&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAWoVChMIkJHh3IflxwIVQjkUCh0kZw 4E&biw=1280&bih=871

I thought the negro looking ones were mixed with slave descendants, but now I realize they were negroes to begin with..Now I am told some indian woman have children with blue eyes as they have been holding hands with Brazilian golddiggers.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a5/ed/17/a5ed172f0334c29fac48bd6663b56354.jpg

-

A Peruan Indian and looks like a negress. I am sorry lioness for her straigh hair, she still negress, she aint pink, and if she wore a headscarf she Moroccan...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com