EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » One Stunning Photo Is Turning America's Racist History on Its Head

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One Stunning Photo Is Turning America's Racist History on Its Head
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One Stunning Photo Is Turning America's Racist History on Its Head
 -
quote:
The Ku Klux Klan is not happy about it, Shields says. Nor are a number of his artist friends, who claim the image is so loaded with painful iconography that they worry how viewers will react to it.

"It was too much for them," Shields told Mic in an interview. "I have a photographer friend who looked at the image and freaked out: 'You can't put this out there. It's too crazy. It's too much.'

"[They] kept telling me, 'People are going to ask you too many questions,'" he said. "'I wouldn't even know what to say.'"

None of this fazes Shields, however; in fact, it's kind of the point. For him, the "challenge" of disseminating images like this lies precisely in not having a prepped explanation for what they signify.

"A lot of artists want an exact statement for everything they do," he said. "But I never want to not create something because I'm afraid of what it might say."
web page
Read more: " target="_blank">http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/2144/stunning-turning-americas-racist-history#ixzz40xV5WXO3[/QUOTE]
Kilk to view more.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get it....but Why is the Negro naked ?

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be an allusion to the stark naked raw power of the Black man vs the clothed hidden corruption of his adversary..the artist did not explain, but that just my interpretation.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to take away from the photo but here's an interesting article on the plagiarism of Tyler Shields

http://www.vice.com/read/has-celebrity-photographer-tyler-shields-ripped-off-other-artists-on-his-way-to-fame

Posts: 42930 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Blatant rip off.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kdolo:
I get it....but Why is the Negro naked ?

He was hiding in the water, then popped up, and hang the KKK-member in his rightful place. He uplifted him so too speak.

I btw don't see why the KKK is angry. When a "rapper raps" about gangs and killing other blacks (which they call nigga' / niggers) or calling black women bitches and hoes they don't complain. They are simply incoherent.

Btw, it's from MAY 20, 2015

Ps, who knows, maybe the " naked black dude" was a "dark skinned caucasoid"? lol

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com