EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » New Video:The Decipherment of Vinca Writing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Video:The Decipherment of Vinca Writing
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click on the link/picture

-

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Winters:

in Basque, the word for iron forge is olha;
in Magyar, the word for burnt offering is olah.

Do you know of any comparable words in Mande or Tamil that might correspond to these words?

Do you know what symbols were used to convey these concepts in Thinite or Vinca scripts?

Note: Geto(Venice) iron foundry = Ghetto
Note: ochapana(Aztec) fall to the ground/grind
Note: foundry/boundary/pound/panada(flat bread)

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DD'eDeN:
Dr. Winters:

in Basque, the word for iron forge is olha;
in Magyar, the word for burnt offering is olah.

Do you know of any comparable words in Mande or Tamil that might correspond to these words?

Do you know what symbols were used to convey these concepts in Thinite or Vinca scripts?

Note: Geto(Venice) iron foundry = Ghetto
Note: ochapana(Aztec) fall to the ground/grind
Note: foundry/boundary/pound/panada(flat bread)

The Dravidian and Mande words for fire,burn are as follow:
  • Mande ta 'fire', kala, gba 'hot'
    Tamil oli, vel, kanal,koǃǃi 'fire'; ve 'to burn'
    Kannanda ola .blaze'; bel 'to offer into fire'
    Telugu velucu 'sacrificial fire'

I hope this helps.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clyde is there any writing you have not been able to decipher?
Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dr. Winters, it may.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
Clyde is there any writing you have not been able to decipher?

Yes , I have not deciphered Linear B. Remember, I was able to decipher Proto-Sumerian, Proto-Elamite, Indus Valley, Minoan, Oracle Bone and Olmec writing because they were using the Thinite(/Vai) derived scripts used in the Maa Confederation.

I was able to decipher Meroitic because I followed the Greco-Roman traditions that the Gymnosophists (Buddhists), introduced writing to the Meroites.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com