EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Nile Valley Civilization: Nehashu and the South..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nile Valley Civilization: Nehashu and the South..
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then a king will come from the South,
Ameny, the just)fied, by name,
Son of a woman of Ta-Seti, child of Upper Egypt.
He will take the white crown,
He will wear the red crown;
He will join the Two Mighty Ones,
He will please the Two Lords with what they wish,
With field-circler in his fist, oar in his grasp.
Rejoice, O people of his time,
The son of man will make his name for all eternity!
The evil-minded, the treason-plotters,
They suppress their speech in fear of him;
Asiatics will fall to his sword,
Libyans will fall to his flame,
Rebels to his wrath, traitors to his might,
As the serpent on his brow subdues the rebels for him.
One will build the Walls-of-the-Ruler,
To bar Asiatics from entering Egypt;
-Prophecy of Neferti

-

"we came from the beginning of the Nile were God Hapi dwells, at the foothills of the Mountains of the Moon"

-

Ancient Nubia (Sudan) (Map). Around 5,000 years ago, a rich and powerful nation called the kingdom of Kush (also referred to as ancient Nubia) was a center of culture and military might in Africa. Ancient Nubia had a wealth of natural resources such as gold, ivory, copper, frankincense and ebony, but they also produced and traded a variety of goods such as pottery. The Nubians formed the foundation of the Proto-Dravidians, Proto-Elamites, Proto-Mande speakers and West Atlantic people.

Elusive A Group findings.

Their bowmen warriors (Exhibit 1) were known and feared by those who saw them in battles. Ancient Nubia's lands are now part of modern Egypt and Sudan. Its geographic position meant that much of ancient Nubia's development is connected to that of ancient Egypt. In fact, Egypt ruled much of Nubia between 2000 B.C. and 1000 B.C., but when Egypt collapsed into civil war, Nubian kings ruled Egypt from around 800 B.C. to 700 B.C.

The Nubians are believed to be the first human race on earth, and most of their customs and traditions were adopted by the ancient Egyptians [Diodorus; History, Book III: 2).. To the Greeks, they were known as Ethiopians and Nubia as the land of Punts, i.e. the land of gods.

Nubians are the people of northern Sudan and southern Egypt. With a history and traditions which can be traced to the dawn of civilization, the Nubian first settled along the banks of the Nile from Aswan. Along this great river they developed one of the oldest and greatest civilizations in Africa. Until they lost their last kingdom (Christian Nubia) only five centuries back the Nubians remained as the main rivals to the other great African civilization of Egypt.

Nubia is the homeland of Africa's earliest black culture with a history which can be traced from 3800 B.C. onward through Nubian monuments and artifacts, as well as written records from Egypt and Rome. In antiquity, Nubia was a land of great natural wealth, of gold mines, ebony, ivory and incense which was always prized by her neighbors.

Although Sudan had remained the main homeland of Nubians through their long history, many of their descendants is today's Egypt. But still the majority of Nubians of today are Sudanese. With only a population of slightly above 300,000 they are a minority in both countries. Nevertheless being of African descent they resemble other Sudanese people more than Egyptians.

Nubians in both Sudan and Egypt have suffered a lot from intentional overlooking to their history and culture as well as displacement, relocation due to flooding and inundation of their homeland by dams constructed south of Egypt.

In the 1930s a large proportion of the Nubian villages along the Nile were totally submerged. Some Nubians decided to move north into Egypt. The majority, however, chose to stay in their doomed country, and rebuilt their houses on higher ground above the new shoreline.

During this century the Nubian homeland had been inundated three times, however the 1960 Nubian exodus is the most painful to all Nubians. Following the construction of Aswan High Dam in 1960 the land of Nubia between Aswan in Egypt and the 4th cataract in Sudan (main area of Nubians) was the subject of flooding and inundation. Nubians were displaced and relocated in other areas in both Sudan and Egypt. Great Nubian monuments and historical sites were drowned and lost for good. The monuments of Nubia would have ultimately been lost to the depths of the lake had it not been for the joint effort of 50 countries providing financial contributions and expertise in an effort to save the monuments. Wherever feasible, monuments were dismantled or cut from the rock and reassembled at new sites in Egypt and Sudan. Cemeteries and structures that could not be moved . . . were excavated and recorded in as much detail as possible.

The Nubians lost their ancient homeland in the 1960's, but their culture and heritage remain.

The influx of Arabs to Egypt and Sudan had contributed to the suppression of the Nubian identity following the collapse of the last Nubian kingdom in 1900. A major part of the Nubian population were totally arabized or claimed to be arabs (Jaa'leen-the majority of Northern Sudanese- and some Donglawes in Sudan, Kenuz and Koreskos in Egypt). However all Nubians were converted to Islam, and Arabic language became their main media of communication in addition to their indigenous old Nubian language. The unique characteristic of Nubian is shown in their culture (dress, dances, traditions and music) as well as their indigenous language which is the common feature of all Nubians.

The Beautiful So Called "Nubians" Aka the ORIGINAL EGYPTIANS..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYDJIvMMdZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=990Q8C2dM9A&feature=related

Such Beautiful People, God Bless the Nile Valley!!

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Nubian architecture is diverse and ancient. One of the oldest artifacts of human settlement, pottery is dated 8000 B.C., Permanent villages are found in Nubia dating to 6000 B.C. roughly contemporary with the walled town of Jericho in Palestine.

The earliest Nubian architecture used perishable materials, wattle and daub, mudbrick, animal hide and other lite and supple materials.

Early Nubian Architecture consisted of speos, structures derived from carving of rock, an innovation of A-Group c. 3500-2374 BCE culture, as seen in the Sofala Cave rock cut temple. Egyptians made widespread use of speos during the New Kingdom. 1 Two types of A-Group graves exist. One was oval in shape .8m deep. The second was oval in shape 1.3m deep with a deeper second chamber.

A-Group culture vanished leading to C-Group culture 2200- 1500 BCE . C-Group culture appeared around c. 2200 B.C. Settlement consisted of round structures with stone floors. Structural frame was achieved with wooden or pliant materials. Mud-bricks became the preferred building materials as settlements became larger. Graves were circular cylindrical superstructures made of stoned wall. The pit was filled with gravel and stones, and covered with dried mud roof or hay roof. Later, during the Second Intermediate Period, a mud-brick chapel was placed to the north of the grave. Graves were from El Ghaba, Kadero, Sayala, and various other sites in northern Sudan.

C-Group culture was related to Kerma-Culture. Kerma was settled around 2400 B.C.It was a walled city containing religious building, large circular dwelling, a palace, and well laid out roads. On the East side of the city, funerary temple and chapel were laid out. It supported a population of 2,000. One of its most endearing structure was the Deffufa, a mud brick temple which ceremonies were performed on top.

The deffufa is a unique structure in Nubian Architecture. Three known deffufa exist. The Western Deffufa at Kerma, an Eastern Deffufa, and a third little known deffufa. The Western Deffufa is 50m by 25m. It is 18 meters tall and comprises three stories. It was surrounded by a boundary wall. Inside were chambers connected by passageways.

-

-
-WESTERN DEFFUFA
 -
-EASTERN DEFFUFA

MORE TO COME..

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay Jeri nice thread but be careful of this quote
"we came from the beginning of the Nile were God Hapi dwells, at the foothills of the Mountains of the Moon"
No one can find the original source but the Mountains Of the Moon does figure in Kemetic origins.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001391
go here for the debates on it's source.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Now for the Christian heritage of Nubia and Ethiopia..

Catacomb art..1st-4th Century A.D(Time prior to the Gentile overtaking and out numbering the original Nazerine Jew Christians)

-
Good Shepard

-
Jesus-3rd Century

-

-

Before
 -

After

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

Superman
Member # 16230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And where is the link to these images?
Posts: 175 | From: Who knows? | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ What does it matter? Your idiocy will deny everything anyway.
Posts: 26311 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 - -photo
004- Templo de Kalabshe en Nubia- David Roberts- 1846-1849

-

-

-

-

-

- -Abu Simbel

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-
^^^^^^
Temple of Dendur

-
Philae Temple, Aswan

-

-

-

My sister's love is on the far side.

The river is between our bodies;

The waters are mighty at flood-time,

A crocodile waits in the shallows.

I enter the water and brave the waves,

My heart is strong on the deep;

The crocodile seems like a mouse to me,

The flood as land to my feet.

It is her love that gives me strength,

It makes a water-spell for me;

I gaze at my heart's desire,

As she stands facing me!

My sister has come, my heart exults,

My arms spread out to embrace her;

My heart bounds in its place,

Like the red fish in its pond.

O night, be mine forever,

Now that my queen has come!

From IIIa. A Collection, The Cairo Vase 1266 + 25218

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Hail to thee, O Nile! Who manifests thyself over this land, and comes to give life to Egypt! Mysterious is thy issuing forth from the darkness, on this day whereon it is celebrated! Watering the orchards created by Re, to cause all the cattle to live, you give the earth to drink, inexhaustible one! Path that descends from the sky, loving the bread of Seb and the first-fruits of Nepera, You cause the workshops of Ptah to prosper!

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cool]
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -

With treasure in hand, Piankhi journeyed south.

Then the ships were laden with silver, gold, copper, clothing, and everything of the Northland, every product of Syria, and all sweet woods of God's-Land. His majesty sailed up-stream, with glad heart, the shores on his either side were jubilating. West and east, they seized the [-], jubilating in the presence of his majesty; singing and jubilating as they said: "O mighty, mighty Ruler, Piankhi, O mighty Ruler; thou comest, having gained the dominion of the Northland. Thou makest bulls into women. Happy the heart of the mother who bore thee, and the man who begat thee. Those who are in the valley give to her praise, the cow that hath borne a bull. Thou art unto eternity, thy might endureth, O Ruler, beloved of Thebes. BAR IV 883
http://www.kent.net/DisplacedDynasties/The_Tefnakht_Rebellion.htm

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Thanks Brada, and Please continue to contribute Im sure by now you all understant how this works, please I want to get other perspectives.. [Smile]

-

-

-

-

-

9 Now Sennacherib received a report that Tirhakah, the Cushite [a] king of Egypt , was marching out to fight against him. When he heard it, he sent messengers to Hezekiah with this word: 10 "Say to Hezekiah king of Judah: Do not let the god you depend on deceive you when he says, 'Jerusalem will not be handed over to the king of Assyria.'

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-
^^^^^
Egyptian and Nubian Mercenaries..

-
^^^
Head of the God Amun

-

-

-

-

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
The Kushitic people are the original settlers of the land in North East Africa that stretched from the present day Southern Egypt to Mount Kilimanjaro in Kenya. The majority of the ancient Kushitic peoples lived in the Northern part of the present day Sudan with ancient civilisation that rivalled ancient Egypt. The first known ancient Kushitic state was the kingdom of Kerma that appeared around 2600 BC that ruled all of Nubia and parts of Egypt. The Kushitic civilisation represents the first Great original African civilisation that was not simply the consequence of the Egyptian influence. Incidentally, both Pharoanic Egypt and Kush excreted significant influences on one another to the extent that the 25th Pharoanic Egyptian dynasty was purely Kushitic. The Kushitic people were the great builders of most of the Pyramids that are found in the south of Egypt and in the north of the present day Sudan.

-
Upper Egypt

-
Sudan

-
Ethiopia

-
Eritria

-
Somalia

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
bump
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
The Kushitic people are the original settlers of the land in North East Africa that stretched from the present day Southern Egypt to Mount Kilimanjaro in Kenya. The majority of the ancient Kushitic peoples lived in the Northern part of the present day Sudan with ancient civilisation that rivalled ancient Egypt. The first known ancient Kushitic state was the kingdom of Kerma that appeared around 2600 BC that ruled all of [b]Nubia and parts of Egypt. The Kushitic civilisation represents the first Great original African civilisation that was not simply the consequence of the Egyptian influence. Incidentally, both Pharoanic Egypt and Kush excreted significant influences on one another to the extent that the 25th Pharoanic Egyptian dynasty was purely Kushitic. The Kushitic people were the great builders of most of the Pyramids that are found in the south of Egypt and in the north of the present day Sudan.

-
Upper Egypt

-
Ethiopia

both Pharoanic Egypt and Kush excreted significant influences on one another

Hmm, an unfortunate turn of phrase. Perhaps "EXERCISED
significant influences on one another" might be better.. lol
But basically on target. ANd to add to that, Nubian/Kusihte influences
appear not only in the 25th Dynasty byt show up in the early
pre-dynastic, through the dynastic eras- such as the very influential
12th Dynasty, and KUshites almost overran Egypt before Taharqua and his boys showed centuries later.

-

-

^^Some seem to think Kushtes only showed up around the 25th Dynasty.
Not so. Approximately 800 years BEFORE, Kushite armies almost destroyed Egypt.
See article on Sobeknakht below.

-

-

Posts: 5906 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com