EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Racism as a mental disorder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Racism as a mental disorder
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All forms of racism and obsession with superficial gene expressions are caused by feelings of inadequacy and not being able to meet culturally misleading racial expectations.

When faced with racial superiority disillusion we see people lashing out at those that cause them this discomfort.

Cross road society of Egypt is natural place for racist to congregate and focus on but what they really should take away from Egypt is that race is an illusion.

Being of North African origins but Black, I have to laugh at how you guys classify race.

Just look at modern Egyptians. Kinda just depends on what argument you are trying to make what race they are.

My problem is why do Euronuts try to cherry pick? Seems to me they have enough glory in their history they don't need to steal it from Africans. Yet, stealing is where that glory came from in the first place - them Vikings sure did a knocked up job on that front.

-

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Disingenuous Turk Mutt, funny I don't see any people who look like these Egyptians.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all about the OCA gene.
I have a half sister who looks like the female in foreground in the OP photo, and there's no doubt she is black.

Although my father is the complexion of 2nd man in your photo, his 2nd wife was the complexion of the woman in the foreground of the OP.
Her sister and brother are both darker, but according to the rules of OCA propagation the 1 in 4 children will be light skinned with more dominate OCA traits.

Those "modern" Egyptians, a mix between African and OCA carrier Turks, are skin type 3 & 4. Not as OCA dominate as Eurobinos, but if they intermarry OCA Dominate + OCA Dominate, they soon will be. However, that is not a good thing for Northern Africa and we'll see a huge increase in melanoma among Egyptians.

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Quite True.

I wonder about these Turk mulattoes though....

Who do they think they're fooling?

Hawass thought he was White, now this one says they're Black.

Last I heard they were still pissed that Louis Gossett played Sadat in the Movie (they wanted a White man I suppose). Last I heard the movie was still BANNED because of that.

Now osirion is saying that they're BLACK!!

He better hope they know that he's trying to play us, or he could be in BIG trouble.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I've given this some thought in why certain nations lighten up and prefer lighter skin.
Of course, they don't have any idea of what OCA is, and if they did their might rethink their decision to whiten.
Also, in Asia light skin is an indicator of status because a light skinned person is not out working in the fields or outdoors. Instead, they primarily spend most of their time indoors.

Interesting that in many of these countries the Lotus flower holds a high status as being the national flower.
Of all the Lotus plants, the white Lotus holds the highest status.

As a symbol

In ancient times the Egyptian lotus was worshipped, especially in Egypt. It was considered a symbol of creation there. In Ancient Greece, it was a symbol of innocence and modesty.

This flower often appears in ancient Egyptian decorations. They believed that the lotus flower gave them strength and power; remains of the flower have been found in the burial tomb of Ramesses II. Egyptian tomb paintings from around 1500 BC provide some of the earliest physical evidence of ornamental horticulture and landscape design; they depict lotus ponds surrounded by symmetrical rows of acacias and palms. In Egyptian mythology Horus was occasionally shown in art as a naked boy with a finger in his mouth sitting on a lotus with his mother. The lotus was one of the two earliest Egyptian capitals motifs, the topmost members of a column. At that time, the motifs of importance are those based on the lotus and papyrus plants respectively, and these, with the palm tree capital, were the chief types employed by the Egyptians, until under the Ptolemies in the 3rd to 1st centuries BC, various other river plants were also employed, and the conventional lotus capital went through various modifications. Women often wore amulets during childbirth, which depicted Heqet as a frog, sitting in a lotus.

The number 1,000 in ancient Egyptian numerals is represented by the symbol of the white lotus. The related hieroglyph is:
M12

The ancient Egyptians also extracted perfume from this flower. They also used the white lotus in funerary garlands, temple offerings and female adornment.

The white lotus is a candidate for the plant eaten by the Lotophagi of Homer's Odyssey.
https://oi.uchicago.edu/museum-exhibits/history-ancient-nubia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaea_lotus

“Om Mani Padme Hum” (Jewel in the Lotus) chant during yoga and meditation. This mantra provides mystical power and represents your path of enlightenment.

The Buddha is often depicted sitting on the White Lotus Flower in Lotus position, in full bloom. This is to suggest that the heart and spiritual nature of a person are not yet open until his teachings and enlightenment have developed from the inside, outward.
Buddhists also associate the state of Bodhi with the White Lotus Flower.
Bodhi is one of the stages on the path to full enlightenment. Bodhi is a state of complete and total purity in one’s mind and spirit. It is the stage one reaches once they are becoming completely awakened to the wonders and ideals of Buddhism, the Buddha, and overall enlightenment. In order for a practicing Buddhist to find significance in the White Lotus, it must have eight petals. A White Lotus Flower with eight petals represents the Noble Eightfold Path of the Good Law.

“As the Lotus is pure in the water, so the soul is also pure.” – Buddha

The interpretation of the White Lotus Flower in Egyptian Culture:

The White Lotus Flower (Nymphaea Lotus) is one of the only species of Lotus Flowers to be native to Egypt. These flowers grow well in warmer water sources that have a slow current or are completely calm. In Egypt, the White Lotus Flower represents creation as well as the more common representation of purity, innocence, beauty, and fertility.

Countries that have ancient reverence for White Lotus.

Egypt
China
India
Meroe
Vietnam
Japan
Korea

I believe that all of the above countries were deeply impacted by Buddhism, including Meroe and New Kingdom Egypt.

Of course, the flower of Ethiopia is the Calla Lily.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calla_lily

Greek mythology the lotus-eaters

Odysseus tells how adverse north winds blew him and his men off course as they were rounding Cape Malea, the southernmost tip of the Peloponnesus, headed westwards for Ithaca:

"I was driven thence by foul winds for a space of 9 days upon the sea, but on the tenth day we reached the land of the Lotus-eaters, who live on a food that comes from a kind of flower. Here we landed to take in fresh water, and our crews got their mid-day meal on the shore near the ships. When they had eaten and drunk I sent two of my company to see what manner of men the people of the place might be, and they had a third man under them. They started at once, and went about among the Lotus-eaters, who did them no hurt, but gave them to eat of the lotus, which was so delicious that those who ate of it left off caring about home, and did not even want to go back and say what had happened to them, but were for staying and munching lotus with the Lotus-eaters without thinking further of their return; nevertheless, though they wept bitterly I forced them back to the ships and made them fast under the benches. Then I told the rest to go on board at once, lest any of them should taste of the lotus and leave off wanting to get home, so they took their places and smote the grey sea with their oars."[1]

Native Americans held the Lotus as an important food source.

More American than apple pie

American Lotus was a main food source for Native Americans and it is basically found east and south of the Rockies plus parts of California. While the root, shoots, flowers and young seeds are edible, it was the root the Indians counted on to get them through the winter.The root has a taste akin to sweet potato.
The popularity of the N. lutea no doubt has also led to its many common names: American Lotus, Yellow Water Lotus, Yellow Lotus, Alligator Buttons, Duck Acorns, Water Chinquapin, Yonkapin, Yockernut and Pondnut.

Health effects

Though the plant contains a quinolizidine alkaloid, nupharin, and related chemicals, either described according to sources as poisonous, intoxicating or without effects, it seems to have been consumed since Antiquity.
The effects of the alkaloids would be those of a psychedelic aphrodisiac, though these effects are more those encountered in Nymphaea caerulea, the blue Egyptian water lily.

http://kemetichistoryofafrikabluelotus.blogspot.com/2009/03/lotus-flower-symbol-of-purity-and-great.html

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^Disingenuous Turk Mutt, funny I don't see any people who look like these Egyptians.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

So? What difference does that make? Africans don't all come in just a single color even in the same tribe. Have you actually been to Egypt or are you one of these web professors?

I come from there and even the Habesha come in a myriad of color and hair texture. What difference, they are still African people. Just like African Americans also come in lots of colors but still 100% Black because its an social experience not a color. These people are of the same African culture and proud of their heritage.

Ad hominem distraction ignored, since you are agenda based populist with an insecure cultural heritage trying to cover for a fragile intellect.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^Quite True.

I wonder about these Turk mulattoes though....

Who do they think they're fooling?

Hawass thought he was White, now this one says they're Black.

Last I heard they were still pissed that Louis Gossett played Sadat in the Movie (they wanted a White man I suppose). Last I heard the movie was still BANNED because of that.

Now osirion is saying that they're BLACK!!

He better hope they know that he's trying to play us, or he could be in BIG trouble.

-

It was the land of the Black and Red. I think a lot of you leave out the Red. African come in a variety of colors.

-

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Isn't it obvious what happened in North East Africa and has been happening since the Middle Intermediate period with the invasion of the Habiru\Hysoks?

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Damn - this boy is as delusional as any European Albino.
Turk Mulattoes = African?

Since When?

Fulani = Red people?

Since When?

I thought that it was just those Amazigh people, who think that they're Berbers, now I see that ALL Turk mulattoes are Nuts.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
Isn't it obvious what happened in North East Africa and has been happening since the Middle Intermediate period with the invasion of the Habiru\Hysoks?

The Hyksos were Amorites from Anatolia and Mesopotamia - of which the people we call Hebrews were a part.

They were also BLACK people - so what's your point?

-

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
  • Extreme racism indicates psychopathology

Yes

It can be a delusional symptom of psychotic disorders

Alvin F Poussaint, Professor of psychiatry1

The American Psychiatric Association has never officially recognized extreme racism (as opposed to ordinary prejudice) as a mental health problem, although the issue was raised more than 30 years ago. After several racist killings in the civil rights era, a group of black psychiatrists sought to have extreme bigotry classified as a mental disorder. The association's officials rejected the recommendation, arguing that because so many Americans are racist, even extreme racism in this country is normative—a cultural problem rather than an indication of psychopathology.

The psychiatric profession's primary index for diagnosing psychiatric symptoms, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), does not include racism, prejudice, or bigotry in its text or index.1 Therefore, there is currently no support for including extreme racism under any diagnostic category. This leads psychiatrists to think that it cannot and should not be treated in their patients.

To continue perceiving extreme racism as normative and not pathologic is to lend it legitimacy. Clearly, anyone who scapegoats a whole group of people and seeks to eliminate them to resolve his or her internal conflicts meets criteria for a delusional disorder, a major psychiatric illness.

Extreme racists' violence should be considered in the context of behavior described by Allport in The Nature of Prejudice.2 Allport's 5-point scale categorizes increasingly dangerous acts.[b] It begins with verbal expression of antagonism, progresses to avoidance of members of disliked groups, then to active discrimination against them,[b] to physical attack, and finally to extermination (lynchings, massacres, genocide). That fifth point on the scale, the acting out of extermination fantasies, is readily classifiable as delusional behavior.

More recently, Sullaway and Dunbar used a prejudice rating scale to assess and describe levels of prejudice.3 They found associations between highly prejudiced people and other indicators of psychopathology. The subtype at the extreme end of their scale is a paranoid/delusional prejudice disorder.

Using the DSM's structure of diagnostic criteria for delusional disorder,4(p329) I suggest the following subtype:

Prejudice type: A delusion whose theme is that a group of individuals, who share a defining characteristic, in one's environment have a particular and unusual significance. These delusions are usually of a negative or pejorative nature, but also may be grandiose in content. When these delusions are extreme, the person may act out by attempting to harm, and even murder, members of the despised group(s).

Extreme racist delusions can also occur as a major symptom in other psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Persons suffering delusions usually have serious social dysfunction that impairs their ability to work with others and maintain employment.

As a clinical psychiatrist, I have treated several patients who projected their own unacceptable behavior and fears onto ethnic minorities, scapegoating them for society's problems. Their strong racist feelings, which were tied to fixed belief systems impervious to reality checks, were symptoms of serious mental dysfunction. When these patients became more aware of their own problems, they grew less paranoid—and less prejudiced.

It is time for the American Psychiatric Association to designate extreme racism as a mental health problem by recognizing it as a delusional psychotic symptom. Persons afflicted with such psychopathology represent an immediate danger to themselves and others. Clinicians need guidelines for recognizing delusional racism in all its forms so that they can provide appropriate treatment. Otherwise, extreme delusional racists will continue to fall through the cracks of the mental health system, and we can expect more of them to explode and act out their deadly delusions.

​Figure 1 : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071634/figure/fig1/

References
    1. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 4th edition. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press; 2000.

2. Allport G. The Nature of Prejudice. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley; 1954.

3. Sullaway M, Dunbar E. Clinical manifestations of prejudice in psychotherapy: toward a strategy of assessment and treatment. Clin Psychol Sci Pract 1996;3: 296-309.

4. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic criteria for 297.1 delusional disorder. In: DSM-IV-TR: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press; 2000.

See: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071634/

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com