EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Welcome to the New site Mod; Punos_Rey

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Welcome to the New site Mod; Punos_Rey
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PR

Are you the overall site mod or have you deligated sections?

Are there more mods, and if so, who are they and what sections are they responsible for?

You will be surprised at how much site traffic Mike is responsible for.
You can bring back all the ES Reloaded peeps and they won't make a dent in generating traffic. At least they won't compensate squat for traffic lost with Mike not here.

I would suggest you might consider Lionese who has been on the site since God invented dirt.

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NT:

yes so far it seems I am the overall mod.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ You mean Lionese isn't interested?
Have you asked Ironlion?

Whomever you get to help, I trust they will not be heavy-handed like the former mod, Tukular, which was a disaster, to say the least.

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBH was one of the few posters I saw repeatedly state interest in being a mod and also having prior experience, didn't even know Lioness was interested. Sam hasn't responded to me any further so right now its just me so like I said prioritizing obvious troll posts like the picspam bombs we had posted all over the forum within the past day.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Just let me know if I can be of assistance.
I'm sure all the other long term ES posters are here to support you in the positive also.

BTW: Perhaps you should implement a max. allowable photo size restriction to cut down on spamming.
Over-sized pics can really mess up a thread.

--------------------

Fencer
Member # 22259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fencer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Narmerthoth:
Have you asked Ironlion?

Whomever you get to help, I trust they will not be heavy-handed like the former mod, Tukular, which was a disaster, to say the least.

Not sure what Tukular did as I only saw him appear on ocassion, but he was no where near as disingenuous as liarnese in his content when he appeared. I can't speak on his modding job. Unless integrity isn't a requirement, I wouldn't recommend the former you mentioned.
Posts: 310 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Fencer:
quote:
Have you asked Ironlion?

Not sure what Tukular did as I only saw him appear on ocassion, but he was no where near as disingenuous as liarnese in his content when he appeared. I can't speak on his modding job. Unless integrity isn't a requirement, I wouldn't recommend the former you mentioned.
It wasn't what Tukular posted but the fact that if he didn't agree with what was posted, he'd delete it or even edit it using his own comments.
Lionese is a liar, but even Lionese was in disagreement with his heavy-handed actions.

Fencer
Member # 22259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fencer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow that is extreme, and a bit too obvious as to the intention. Censoring either is a childish reaction or is a blatant claim that the information is harmful to the status quo.

The favorite and most used tactic is simply to divert and cause confusion - If the info attempts to expose the status quo, ignore it or attempt to make it as ambiguous as possible, which is typically the grounds of what dishonest scholars and liarness choose to fight on.

Posts: 310 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Turns out I actually am able to ban people too.

In any case as far as deleting posts/threads I'm focusing on obvious troll/flame bait and tactics, and not out to delete things I don't agree with. Hopefully that eases peoples thoughts but as I told NT privately people can always pm me if they had any concerns on something.

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Fencer:
Oh wow that is extreme, and a bit too obvious as to the intention. Censoring either is a childish reaction or is a blatant claim that the information is harmful to the status quo.

Exactly!
It's ok to disagree and debate, but he wouldn't debate. In fact, he knew he'd lose the debate but deleted or censored anyway. If that failed then he'd outright ban.
ES was in a terrible state with greatly reduced traffic and fewer quality posts during that period.
Thankfully, it was a short period and served as a good example of the type of mindset that probably led to the end of Egypt's Old Kingdom.

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Punos_Rey:
Turns out I actually am able to ban people too.

In any case as far as deleting posts/threads I'm focusing on obvious troll/flame bait and tactics, and not out to delete things I don't agree with. Hopefully that eases peoples thoughts but as I told NT privately people can always pm me if they had any concerns on something.

A mod should have the capability to ban posters. However, I would hope the Mod is an objective person and not doing it for personal reasons.
I mean, if you debate a topic and can't win because the poster happens to be right, a mod after losing the debate shouldn't react subjectively by banning as the last emotion fueled option.

Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
^Agreed 100%

--------------------
 -

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
I've seen your posts, and was relieved when you became Mod.

--------------------

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question can you actually BAN people? Because I know past mods could not.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
BBH I am able to log into the admin portal and ban people.
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
BBH I am able to log into the admin portal and ban people.

This is GOOD! Very good!
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Tukular was able to ban people and gleefully utilized that power on a daily basis.
People who are quick on the ban trigger should not be Mods.

quote:

Edit: it also seems that I can make people mods of diff subforums don't know how much latitude Sam has given me until I get a response from him

This is a good thing.If you assign a person to a specific section and 2 weeks later you see a drastic reduction in site traffic, you can evaluate and possibly re-assign.
Likewise, if you realize a drastic increase in traffic due to that section, you can gauge, you've made the right choice.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a missed a lot the few days I was away.

1. Why and how was Punky_Ray appointed Mod? BBH would of made a horrible mod. Admin Note: sexual slur removed
2. Why not Mike. Didn't Mike or Bass want it?
3. Can you actually ban? Tukuler did NOT have the ability to ban. He did delete threads that was about it. He deleted Mike's posts and threads. But was NOT able to ban Mike

[ 02. June 2017, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Punos_Rey ]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
I think he actually did ban Mike.
Mike, am I wrong?

Although Ausar had some personality issues, he was a pretty cool mod.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tukuler made it clear he could NOT ban anyone. Which was part of his beef with the owner/s.He just persistently deleted post by Mike to show he had some power. Power trip? Nevertheless It is he/Tukuler's own fault. He should have given Mike the password if Mike wanted it. Now there is another punk (fake ass African) running the show. Punky is NOT from Gunieee...if he is black at all. Pull up all his post you will see. Another expart-Brit like Sammy?
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mike, am I wrong?

Mike is not banned. He's chilling
Posts: 42930 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Punky sends the owner ONE email or phone call and the owner "decides" to hand over the site to Punky when there are long term members here and with better capability and numerous contribution and posts. Really?! I am not sure what Lioness role is but apparently he/she/they would have been better if not Mike or Bass. Better for traffic.

quote: "I was actually able to get ahold of Sam, and he ended up making me a mod. "

Sage had been trying for over a year to get some help from the owner and ...nada. Punky with one call or email not only gets in contact but gets the moderator job. He! he! He! Sammy pops in to douse water on the brewing firestorm. He! He! I have read better scripts.

Admin Note: Personal attacks on forum members are not ok. Warning given, suspension will follow if it continues.

[ 02. June 2017, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Punos_Rey ]

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Follow the conversation ....woman. ADHD? we are speaking "past tense".

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Mike, am I wrong?

Mike is not banned. He's chilling

A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can forum members elect who they want as moderator?

I would nominate myself but I may not have the time as I go AWOL every now and then.

--------------------
The Habsburg Agenda - Defending Western Christian civilization

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
what is wrong with you fugkinh people?

quote: " I would nominate myself but I may not have the time" - didn't you just cancel yourself out?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Tukuler made it clear he could NOT ban anyone. Which was part of his beef with the owner/s.He just persistently deleted post by Mike to show he had some power. Power trip? Nevertheless It is he/Tukuler's own fault. He should have given Mike the password if Mike wanted it. Now there is another punk (fake ass African) running the show. Punky is NOT from Gunieee...if he is black at all. Pull up all his post you will see. Another expart-Brit like Sammy?

Perhaps he just deleted everything he posted.
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Punky sends the owner ONE email or phone call and the owner "decides" to hand over the site to Punky when there are long term members here and with better capability and numerous contribution and posts. Really?! I am not sure what Lioness role is but apparently he/she/they would have been better if not Mike or Bass. Better for traffic.

quote: "I was actually able to get ahold of Sam, and he ended up making me a mod. "

Sage had been trying for over a year to get some help from the owner and ...nada. Punky with one call or email not only gets in contact but gets the moderator job. He! he! He! Sammy pops in to douse water on the brewing firestorm. He! He! I have read better scripts.

Tukular was bad for traffic. Bad for freedom of information, bad for alternative research, and just bad period! He's better as a lurker than a Mod. Plus, he always has ES Reloaded.

Sammy did post here and ask us for our opinion on who we thought should be a Mod, but a hour later, the decision was already made.

Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Xyyman:

See above.

--------------------
 -

A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Habsburg Agenda:
Can forum members elect who they want as moderator?

I would nominate myself but I may not have the time as I go AWOL every now and then.

The possibility for the forum members or at least the more active ones voting for the moderator still stands.
Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Quote: " Whether you like it or not I am the current admin. You can cease with the personal attacks on me and other posters."

Quote: " A Haitian calling someone "n1gger"? If that doesn't take the wool off your disguise for every one here I don't know what will. Dumb cun-t."

Quote:" Only thing I care about is crushing Cass so sure"

Quote: " Tukuler if you aren't going to give the account to someone who wants to moderate do you have a way I could contact the owners besides email?"

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Quote 1: Yep.

Quote 2: I removed my own offensive post, and will refrain from making any future personal remarks.

Quote 3: see above

Quote 4: Tukuler himself said he didn't want to moderate anymore. I wasnt making an attack on him.

Now do you want to continue on xxyman?

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't find the Champ offensive for
following up on my suggestion made
to all ES to contact owner Sammy for
a legit mod.

Champ's result was 1st round knock down knock out!

As ADMIN Champ has the keys car shared title and all!!

Way der fuchs better than a handed off ID.

Initiative marks Puños Rey's success.
He squawk. He took the bull by the horns.

Olè

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com