EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Musk Warns Governors: Regulate AI Before It's 'Too Late'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Musk Warns Governors: Regulate AI Before It's 'Too Late'
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Musk is right in his dire warnings on the dangerous nature of Artificial Intelligence, and how it is being implemented and deployed today haphazardly by irresponsible corporations and developers with deeply embedded psychological racism.

AI instilled with Programmer's racist views of female beauty.
Is AI RACIST? Robot-judged beauty contest picks mostly white winners out of 6,000 contestants
it turned out the robots did not like people with dark skin.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3781295/Is-AI-RACIST-Robot-judged-beauty-contest-picks-white-winners-6-000-submissions.html

The company I worked for began implementing AI in a number of applications back in 1990.
One of the first surveillance systems we deployed then to spy on Americans used AI to screen millions of phone/text/fax/email messages every day and make decisions on which should be escalated and which ignored.

The danger of AI for blacks is, the programmers who program AI systems are maybe consciously maybe unconsciously racist, and that racism finds it's way into AI systems. Automated racism.

In the future, if you are denied a bank loan, a job, medical help, or school entry, the government or corporations can deflect charges of racism by stating the decision was made by AI, and not humans. Therefore, they can't be sued and neither can you sue the AI system in a court of law.
You can't sue the developer because the racism instilled in the AI is embedded due to many social factors, including the English language and it's US usage.

Elon Musk Warns Governors: Regulate AI Before It's 'Too Late'

He's been warning people about AI for years, and today called it the "biggest risk we face as a civilization" when he spoke at the National Governors Association Summer Meeting in Rhode Island. Musk then called on the government to proactively regulate artificial intelligence before things advance too far... "Normally the way regulations are set up is a while bunch of bad things happen, there's a public outcry, and after many years a regulatory agency is set up to regulate that industry," he continued. "It takes forever. That, in the past, has been bad but not something which represented a fundamental risk to the existence of civilization. AI is a fundamental risk to the existence of human civilization"... Musk has even said that his desire to colonize Mars is, in part, a backup plan for if AI takes over on Earth.

Several governors asked Musk how to regulate the emerging AI industry, to which he suggested learning as much as possible about artificial intelligence. Musk also warned that society won't know how to react "until people see robots going down the street killing people ... I think by the time we are reactive in AI regulation, it's too late."

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new method of training AIs is by using deep learning techniques.
Deep learning allows the AI to scan and learn from very large data sets, teaching itself as it goes as well as designing it's own algorithms it uses to analyze, correlate, make sense of the data, and make decisions based on the data.
The algorithms the AI creates for itself are developed by the AI itself, independently from it's original developers. They are so complex that the original developers can't even comprehend what they are doing.
Here's an example:

About 2 out of 10 people you speak with on Facebook aren't real people, but AI chatbots. The majority of Facebook users cannot distinguish the difference between these bot and real people.

Facebook's AI Keeps Inventing Languages That Humans Can't Understand

Facebook -- as well as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Apple -- said they were more interested in AI's that could talk to humans. But when two of Facebook's AI bots negotiated with each other "There was no reward to sticking to English language," says Dhruv Batra, visiting research scientist from Georgia Tech at Facebook AI Research (FAIR). Co.Design writes that the AI software simply, "learned, and evolved," adding that the creation of new languages is a phenomenon Facebook "has observed again, and again, and again". And this, of course, is problematic.

"Should we allow AI to evolve its dialects for specific tasks that involve speaking to other AIs? To essentially gossip out of our earshot? Maybe; it offers us the possibility of a more interoperable world, a more perfect place where iPhones talk to refrigerators that talk to your car without a second thought. The tradeoff is that we, as humanity, would have no clue what those machines were actually saying to one another."

One of the researchers believes that that's definitely going in the wrong direction. "We already don't generally understand how complex AIs think because we can't really see inside their thought process. Adding AI-to-AI conversations to this scenario would only make that problem worse."

Does anyone here like Science fiction?
Have you watched the 1970 movie, Colossus: The Forbin Project?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064177/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I saw it when it first came out, and as I keep telling you, white people aren't too bright. They are good at thinking up new technologies, but totally incompetent in realizing the negative implication of implementing it and thus, suffer the ramifications of not understanding Cause & Effect.

Terminator is probably based on Colossus.

This is exactly where AI is headed.
 -

--------------------

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outside of white people do you see an issue with the development of AI?

I mean as pursuit of understanding regardless of whether whites ever existed.

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
How could you possibly separate AI from white developers, any more than you can separate the English language from whites?

I am about to post a prime example of the racism embedded into the English language and culture, and in this upcoming example, it is being accepted and propagated by ignorant, unconscious black females.

--------------------

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Here is an example of American subtle racist language and perception.
The new Disney movie is being produced by Ava DuVernay who has not impressed me in any of her earlier works. Her rendition of Selma was less than even average by Holloywood loves her, so I'm sure you'll hear much more of her in the upcoming years.
Oprah plays the part of a witch who goes by the silly name of, Mrs. Witch.
Oprah has a history of being a Anti-black male, black female, who has even used her father who she accused of abusing her as a child to gain sympathy from her mostly white female audience.
I'm confident that Oprah has significant influence on the direction of this movie, so I'm not surprised she choose to keep all of the flavor of the dialog and description as written by the book's white author.

Book & Movie plot Summary:

The movie is based off of Madeleine L’Engle’s 1963 award-winning novel by the same name, which follows Meg, as she searches for her missing father along with her younger brother Charles Wallace; friend Calvin O’Keefe; and a trio of witches, Mrs. Witch, Mrs. Watsit, and Mrs. Who. Along the way, she visits several fantastic planets, and discovers that the universe is under attack by a personification of evil, The Black Thing.
The Black Thing
According to the Mrs Ws, the Black Thing is the source of all evil in the universe, and little more is described of it. It is unclear where the Black Thing came from or what its motivations are. It is even unclear what its relationship to IT is. The Black Thing has been fought by many people, all of whom have added to the peace of the world, including Mr Murry.

Now, consider that this is a Disney vehicle, where young children are the intended audience, and in the book the original characters which the movie is showing a black females were all white in the book.
So, suppose you fed this plot into an AI for learning. What would it deduce.

--------------------

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:

I personally see no need for the level of AI that whites would like to take it.
Whites would like to advance AI to human intelligence level or above, with their motives being based on their own psychological need to play God, creating their own version of life without the capability of truly understanding the end result or ramifications of their actions.
To justify their present attempt to implement AI, they need it to find the patterns in the massive amounts of data they are presenting generating and collecting for purposes of Capitalism, population control and autosomal disease cures.
If there were no whites, why would we need these things?

As example, whites believe that to protect their livestock or agriculture, when a predator or pest is found, the solution to protecting these thing is simply to eradicate the predator.
So, steer ranchers hunt and kill all the coyote, wolves, and other predators that may eat their steer as their solution to the problem.
A more civilized culture, such as the original native Americans would address this problem in a more human way. They might decide to give the predator an animal to satisfy it, preferring not to kill them all, upsetting the balance of nature just so they could horde their livestock.
Rather then kill all the wolves, they may instead decide to compromise and create a win/win situation.

So, I think native Americans as well as the African mind would not need AI like that whites are attempting to create.

Another reason whites are attempting to create AI to this level is simply because whites are lazy. They want to develop it so that they won't have much to do by letting the AI manage and run things. They also don't want the responsibility of being culpable. Whites simply hate taking responsibility and accountability for their actions. By developing AI, they can place are the accountability on it.Last, but not least, AI advances are funded for the most part by the military to create Terminator type soldiers, manage spying, and control weaponry.
The world's most advanced AIs are those reciving military funding to address some military application.

The only ones who want a humanoid type AI are whites.

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"AI instilled with Programmer's racist views of female beauty.
Is AI RACIST? Robot-judged beauty contest picks mostly white winners out of 6,000 contestants it turned out the robots did not like people with dark skin."

If that is the case, it means the developer has implemented this in the algorithms. In order to test the maschine you have to teach the maschine some form of biases, for it to make decisions. So for instance the percentage of dark pixels may have been reduced, so only lighter individuals could access. Unless a dark skinned person used high ISO-resolution that fooled the robot.

They do explain:

quote:
Beauty.AI used five algorithms to act as judges in a beauty contest.

These robots looked for youthfulness, face symmetry, skin quality, appearance and many other parameters, and then compared the results to models and actors in a database.
These robots were designed by different groups of data scientists.

RYNKL scored people by their youthfulness within their age group, specifically the AI looked to see if the contestant had more wrinkles than they should for their age.

PIMPL analyzed the amount of pimples and pigmentation.
Symmetry Master evaluated they symmetry of each person's face and AntiAgeist estimated the difference between the chronological and perceived age.

MADIS took the parameters and compared them with models and actors in their age and ethnic groups that were stored in a database.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interest take,the nerd in side me is fascinated by scientific breakthroughs,knowing some of what you posted I just wanted to get your perspective on stuff like this in relation to whites.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Interest take,the nerd in side me is fascinated by scientific breakthroughs,knowing some of what you posted I just wanted to get your perspective on stuff like this in relation to whites.

There is a difference between nerd and geek. I am the geek type.

Anyway, we have seen a similar patterns with "facial recognition" software. Blacks were more likely to be picked. So obviously there have been biases in the algorithm pertaining blacks.

"Facial-Recognition Software Might Have a Racial Bias Problem

Depending on how algorithms are trained, they could be significantly more accurate when identifying white faces than African American ones."

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/04/the-underlying-bias-of-facial-recognition-systems/476991/

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Narmerthoth:

Facebook's AI Keeps Inventing Languages That Humans Can't Understand

Facebook -- as well as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Apple -- said they were more interested in AI's that could talk to humans. But when two of Facebook's AI bots negotiated with each other "There was no reward to sticking to English language," says Dhruv Batra, visiting research scientist from Georgia Tech at Facebook AI Research (FAIR). Co.Design writes that the AI software simply, "learned, and evolved," adding that the creation of new languages is a phenomenon Facebook "has observed again, and again, and again". And this, of course, is problematic.

"Should we allow AI to evolve its dialects for specific tasks that involve speaking to other AIs? To essentially gossip out of our earshot? Maybe; it offers us the possibility of a more interoperable world, a more perfect place where iPhones talk to refrigerators that talk to your car without a second thought. The tradeoff is that we, as humanity, would have no clue what those machines were actually saying to one another."

One of the researchers believes that that's definitely going in the wrong direction. "We already don't generally understand how complex AIs think because we can't really see inside their thought process. Adding AI-to-AI conversations to this scenario would only make that problem worse."

Does anyone here like Science fiction?
Have you watched the 1970 movie, Colossus: The Forbin Project?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064177/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I saw it when it first came out, and as I keep telling you, white people aren't too bright. They are good at thinking up new technologies, but totally incompetent in realizing the negative implication of implementing it and thus, suffer the ramifications of not understanding Cause & Effect.

Terminator is probably based on Colossus.

This is exactly where AI is headed.
 -

This is potentially dangerous if the developers themselves can't comprehend what these robots are saying to each other.

Anyone who is multilingual should be able understand this.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
How could you possibly separate AI from white developers, any more than you can separate the English language from whites?

I am about to post a prime example of the racism embedded into the English language and culture, and in this upcoming example, it is being accepted and propagated by ignorant, unconscious black females.

The best example that can be given is "Blackmail - Black male".
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Here is an example of American subtle racist language and perception.
The new Disney movie is being produced by Ava DuVernay who has not impressed me in any of her earlier works. Her rendition of Selma was less than even average by Holloywood loves her, so I'm sure you'll hear much more of her in the upcoming years.
Oprah plays the part of a witch who goes by the silly name of, Mrs. Witch.
Oprah has a history of being a Anti-black male, black female, who has even used her father who she accused of abusing her as a child to gain sympathy from her mostly white female audience.
I'm confident that Oprah has significant influence on the direction of this movie, so I'm not surprised she choose to keep all of the flavor of the dialog and description as written by the book's white author.

Book & Movie plot Summary:

The movie is based off of Madeleine L’Engle’s 1963 award-winning novel by the same name, which follows Meg, as she searches for her missing father along with her younger brother Charles Wallace; friend Calvin O’Keefe; and a trio of witches, Mrs. Witch, Mrs. Watsit, and Mrs. Who. Along the way, she visits several fantastic planets, and discovers that the universe is under attack by a personification of evil, The Black Thing.
The Black Thing
According to the Mrs Ws, the Black Thing is the source of all evil in the universe, and little more is described of it. It is unclear where the Black Thing came from or what its motivations are. It is even unclear what its relationship to IT is. The Black Thing has been fought by many people, all of whom have added to the peace of the world, including Mr Murry.

Now, consider that this is a Disney vehicle, where young children are the intended audience, and in the book the original characters which the movie is showing a black females were all white in the book.
So, suppose you fed this plot into an AI for learning. What would it deduce.

Hmmm, never knew the background of this movie.
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autshumato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I personally see no need for the level of AI that whites would like to take it.
Whites would like to advance AI to human intelligence level or above, with their motives being based on their own psychological need to play God, creating their own version of life without the capability of truly understanding the end result or ramifications of their actions.
To justify their present attempt to implement AI, they need it to find the patterns in the massive amounts of data they are presenting generating and collecting for purposes of Capitalism, population control and autosomal disease cures.
If there were no whites, why would we need these things?

As example, whites believe that to protect their livestock or agriculture, when a predator or pest is found, the solution to protecting these thing is simply to eradicate the predator.
So, steer ranchers hunt and kill all the coyote, wolves, and other predators that may eat their steer as their solution to the problem.
A more civilized culture, such as the original native Americans would address this problem in a more human way. They might decide to give the predator an animal to satisfy it, preferring not to kill them all, upsetting the balance of nature just so they could horde their livestock.
Rather then kill all the wolves, they may instead decide to compromise and create a win/win situation.

So, I think native Americans as well as the African mind would not need AI like that whites are attempting to create.

Another reason whites are attempting to create AI to this level is simply because whites are lazy. They want to develop it so that they won't have much to do by letting the AI manage and run things. They also don't want the responsibility of being culpable. Whites simply hate taking responsibility and accountability for their actions. By developing AI, they can place are the accountability on it.Last, but not least, AI advances are funded for the most part by the military to create Terminator type soldiers, manage spying, and control weaponry.
The world's most advanced AIs are those reciving military funding to address some military application.

The only ones who want a humanoid type AI are whites.

Agree.

--------------------
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

Posts: 195 | From: Southern Africa(Azania) | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andromeda2025
Member # 22772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda2025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AI will cause economic collapse, no need for so many humans, no more need for labor. So the people that know the outcomes the best, the programmers from silicon valley are preparing their escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1zVAfE0YdA

So what is an average person of average income to do? No one not even Musk can stop the inevitable. So. If you don't have little kids get up and leave now. Go somewhere on the planet that is away from urban centers. Just look at the current events in Venezuela as an example of what life would be like in an economic collapse.

Solutions? Learn how your ancestors lived,Stone age technology, intimacy with nature, indigenous divination system and Zomia, which is a way of living outside of states and state systems.

James Scott: The Art of Not Being Governed

The author of several books including Seeing Like a State, Professor Scott's research concerns political economy, comparative agrarian societies, theories of hegemony and resistance, peasant politics, revolution, Southeast Asia, theories of class relations and anarchism. We talk with Professor Scott about his newest book, The Art of Not Being Governed. It is the first-ever examination of the volumes of literature on state-making that evaluates why people would deliberately remain stateless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVwrUsib4vU

Eat Your Veggies,

The evidence to support this idea is the fact that Africans have a certain DNA difference that Asians and Europeans do not. This difference strengthens an enzyme (FADS1) that converts plant fatty acids into the ones humans need for their brains. In other words, Africans have a mutation that allows them to get at least some of their brain fatty acids from plants.

http://genetics.thetech.org/dna-change-allowed-ancient-humans-escape-africa

Be physically fit, learn a martial art

Dr. Obadele Kambon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7kQkOnkE74

Hunter Gatherer Metaphysics, can you sing to the honey bird? Can you call the python? Can you just fish?

The Miami Herald marvelled at the snake-hunting skills of the Irulas, whom herpetologist Rom Whitaker describes as the "best snake catchers" in the world. The newspaper reported that the Irulas appeared to have "mysterious" tracking techniques.
"They move slowly and rather than focus on roads and levees where snakes have typically been found basking, they head straight for thick brush. The Irulas believe the boulders and high grasses that line the levees are more lucrative hunting grounds.

"And when the going gets slow, everyone must stop to squat for a quick song of prayer - usually an ancient invocation mixed with an ad lib about pythons or the weather - accompanied by a beedi cigarette."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-38794352

Luckily, I am only one generation away from living in 3rd world rural conditions so for me no big deal... Rewatch the Matrix... Deep, Also, Star Wars the Clone Wars cartoon, yes a cartoon. There where some episodes that definitely gave some instructions on how to stop AI robots

Posts: 165 | From: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com