EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Samsung Galaxy S8, giant screens and new voice controls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S8, giant screens and new voice controls
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/samsung-galaxy-s8-151330092.html

Mena: I am a fan of Samsung phones because the phone gives me a lot of freedom with the ability to add 32 GB SD card memory and to change the battery and carry extra battery. Iphone is a close phone that doesnt give you this option. The Android software is also easy to use with a lot of App available.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, Note !, Note 2, Note 3 and three months ago I bought a Galaxy S5. I dont buy the latest model of cell phone that cost $700 like Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, Note 4, Note 5. I buy older model of cell phone that is new or refurbished from $250 to $300. I think a two or three years old model is reasonable fast compare to the newer model the only difference sometime is the better camera, a HD screen and a faster processor. I mostly use my phone to talk and look at historical pictures, and look at my PDF files, books and magazines.

I have thousand of pictures of Ancient Black Kings, Queens, Priests that I have found in Egyptsearch forum, Real History world wide, Rasta Live Wire, Google Image and Pinterest in the SD card inside my Samsung cell phone. I used my Fujitsu Scansnap 500 scanner to transformed my magazines and books into PDF files and stored them in a 32 GB SD card. My cell phone is a mobile museum and library. The only problem is finding time to look at all the pictures and read or reread all those books.

I read the cellular phone technology is a two way radio tech. I m thinking the ancient Black priesthood of Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Mexico, Peru, Bosnia and china most had invented a radio and TV technology to communicate between different kingdoms. The problem in the past was the knowledge and technology of the priesthood was secret.

-

-

Samsung had a rough 2016. Now that its Note7 has literally gone up in flames, the company needs a hit to revitalize its image. Which is where the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus come in.

With huge, edge-to-edge screens, improved camera software and the company’s new Bixby voice assistant, the S8 and S8 Plus look like early contenders for the best smartphones of the year. But Samsung wants these handsets to be more than just another way for you to check Snapchat and jealously browse your friend’s vacation pictures on Facebook.

The company wants the S8 to serve as the cornerstone of your connected home hub, your next desktop-style computer and a gateway to the world of virtual reality. The S8 and S8 Plus are designed to be a palate cleanser for the Note7, which had to be recalled because battery and design flaws caused the phones to overheat and even sometimes catch fire.

IDC’s Ramon Llamas says if the handsets are as good as all of the leaks suggest, they should help revitalize Samsung’s image. “Samsung wants these new innovations to help push the battery debacle further and further into the rear view mirror,” he said.

Of course, it’s too early to determine if Samsung will succeed on that front. Still, after spending some time with the S8 and S8 Plus, I’m under the impression that the world’s largest smartphone maker is likely back on track.

The disappearing bezel

Since the launch of Samsung’s Galaxy Note Edge in 2015, the company has been flirting with the concept of an edge-to-edge display. The Galaxy S7 Edge came close to that with its cascading Edge displays on its left and right sides. But the S8 and S8 Plus go beyond that, pushing the phones’ panels as close to their top and bottom borders as they can go.

The result is a smartphone screen that takes up a whopping 83% of the handset’s face. This Infinity Display means Samsung can cram a bigger panel onto a device that’s roughly the same size as the previous generation S7. For the standard S8, that means a 5.8-inch screen, while the S8 Plus gets a 6.2-inch display.

To put that in perspective, Apple’s (AAPL) iPhone 7 Plus packs a 5.5-inch panel in a body that’s noticeably larger than the S8. In other words, you’re getting more bang for your buck when it comes to the S8 and S8 Plus’ screens.

Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 PlusView photos
The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus have virtually no bezels.
More
Those Super AMOLED displays, known for their brilliant colors, also support HDR, or high dynamic range, content playback, meaning they provide higher contrast ratios, so blacks look darker and whites brighter.

By reducing the size of the S8 and S8 Plus’ bezels, though, Samsung left no room for physical buttons. So the company now uses digital versions of its Home, back and recent apps buttons positioned at the bottom of its screens. What’s more, Samsung has moved the phones’ fingerprint readers to their rear panels, like Google’s (GOOG, GOOGL) Pixel and LG’s G6. Unfortunately, I found the reader a bit hard to locate with my index finger, since it’s positioned so close to the S8’s camera.

Samsung has also included two additional ways to log into your phone, an Iris scanner, similar to the one found on the Galaxy Note7, and facial recognition technology. Both use the S8 and S8 Plus’ front cameras and can scan your eyes and face so quickly that it’s hard to capture the process on camera.

Let’s talk, Bixby

The S8 and S8 Plus also mark the debut of Samsung’s new Bixby voice software. The system, which I saw a brief demonstration of, is designed to let you manipulate nearly all aspects of the S8 and S8 Plus using your voice. Want to raise the display brightness? You can do that. Check the weather? You can do that, too. Cast images to your TV? Well, you get the picture.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Bixby.View photos
Samsung’s Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus both feature the company’s new Bixby voice assistant.
More
Read More

Samsung Galaxy S8 camera.View photos
More

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tommyshelby
Member # 23054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tommyshelby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also going to switch from Apple to Samsung as I have frustrated from the iPhone as many issues are happening o the device and the latest is iTunes error 9 and it is not getting removed

--------------------
tommy shelby

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com