EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Were Michaelangelo & Cleopatra Black? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Were Michaelangelo & Cleopatra Black?
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://guardian.ng/art/hidden-michelangelo-drawing-goes-on-show-in-rome/
Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

BLACK MAN!

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jantavanta
Member # 20328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jantavanta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the Egyptian ruler celebrated for her beauty and love affairs with Julius Caesar and Mark Antony looks regal in the 1535 drawing, the version in the sketch on the back is somewhat grotesque and some experts believe it was Cavalieri that drew it.

https://guardian.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/000_NQ7TH.jpg

Why "somewhat grotesque"?

Posts: 384 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DD'eDeN:

Intersting post,

-

L: Michelangelo’s portrait of Cleopatra; R: The reverse side of Michelangelo’s drawing, revealed in 1988. Images courtesy of the Muscarelle Museum of Art.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/12/michelangelo-ugliest-drawing-of-cleopatra-might-be-the-work-of-his-student_n_3072117.html

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cleopetra was mixed race. Move on. Boring.

Making a troll out of me.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:

That is to be debated. North Africans are described as being "mixed" in phenotype. So maybe she was indigenous after all.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^"COASTAL" North Africans are "Mixed" with every Albino invader since the first Visigoth.

However further inland, the Black Original people reside.

These people are NOT "Mixed".

-

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
 -

BLACK MAN!

this like most engravings was a copy based on a painting

In this case the original painting was done by Marcello Venusti
below >

and about the above engraving noted here:
http://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/367613

^^^ " After painting by Marcello Venusti (Italian, Mazzo di Valtellina Date:after 1564 ^^

-
Portrait of Michelangelo by Marcello Venusti,Date:after 1535
right: Michelangelo's sketch showing the artist struggling to reach the chapel ceiling

http://www.museyon.com/sistine-chapel-at-500/

In other words Mike is trying to trick people again with his fake "new" history

Afrocentric scholars do not write about European and whites.
--Dr. Clyde Ahmad Winters

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Lioness - Which part of "BUSTED" don't you understand.

It's getting monotonous, but here comes another batch of whip-ass for you.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Craquelure

From Wikipedia
Craquelure (French: craquelé, Italian: crettatura) is the fine pattern of dense "cracking" formed on the surface of materials, either as part of the process of ageing or of their original formation or production. The term is most often used to refer to tempera or oil paintings, where it is a sign of age that is also sometimes induced in forgeries, and ceramics, where it is often deliberate, and usually called "crackle". It can also develop in old ivory carvings, and painted miniatures on an ivory backing are prone to craquelure. Normally, craquelure is formed by the aging of paints. It can be used to determine the age of paintings and to detect art forgery, because craquelure is a hard-to-forge signature of authenticity.

EXAMPLES

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
 -

-

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
 -
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] Craquelure

From Wikipedia
Craquelure (French: craquelé, Italian: crettatura) is the fine pattern of dense "cracking" formed on the surface of materials, either as part of the process of ageing or of their original formation or production. The term is most often used to refer to tempera or oil paintings, where it is a sign of age that is also sometimes induced in forgeries, and ceramics, where it is often deliberate, and usually called "crackle". It can also develop in old ivory carvings, and painted miniatures on an ivory backing are prone to craquelure. Normally, craquelure is formed by the aging of paints. It can be used to determine the age of paintings and to detect art forgery, because craquelure is a hard-to-forge signature of authenticity.

EXAMPLES

a) it says above is also "sometimes induced in forgeries"
- and modern painters are warned on proper glazing technique, how the paints are mixed with oil because it can occur in very short periods if the technique is flawed

b) there are many old paintings on the internet. You can blow them up to larger size but you won't see craquelure
unless the original image is very high resolution

c) Not every old painting has craquelure, stupid.

d) engravings are almost always copies or copies of paintings often with variations added. Kings don't sit for an engraver to do a small illustration. They sit for oil paintings

And you state things as facts on your website, they are proven false and you keep them up there, you are a scammer constantly trying to trick people to believe a false new dumb ass conspiracy narrative

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fencer
Member # 22259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fencer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that when liarness got the posts with the albinos admitting to making loads of fake paintings and overpaints, they shuffled the thread and topics... Never directly dealing with the conundrum, kind of like that Cass toon.
Posts: 310 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:

In this case the original painting was done by Marcello Venusti
below >

and about the above engraving noted here:
http://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/367613

^^^ " After painting by Marcello Venusti (Italian, Mazzo di Valtellina Date:after 1564 ^^

-
Portrait of Michelangelo by Marcello Venusti,Date:after 1535
right: Michelangelo's sketch showing the artist struggling to reach the chapel ceiling

http://www.museyon.com/sistine-chapel-at-500/

In other words Mike is trying to trick people again with his fake "new" history

Afrocentric scholars do not write about European and whites.
--Dr. Clyde Ahmad Winters
[/QB]

^ I think this site had it wrong, wikipedia says the above is
Jacopino del Conte (1515–1598)
Title Portrait of Michelangelo circa 1540

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jacopo_del_Conte_-_Portrait_of_Michelangelo_-_WGA5207.jpg

^^ It's actually earlier than the Daniele da Volterra - Unfinished portrait of Michelangelo, c 1544 below

full size at link
http://www.tuttartpitturasculturapoesiamusica.com/2015/08/Daniele-da-Volterra-Michelangelo.html

-

^^ The cracks are there you LYING FRAUD , with the higher resolution original , not just enlargement

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

-

^^ The cracks are there you LYING FRAUD , with the higher resolution original , not just enlargement

Damn you're S-T-U-P-I-D!

SHOW ME THE CRACKS LIKE THIS YOU IDIOT!

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
 -
Fencer
Member # 22259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fencer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
constantly trying to trick people to believe a false new dumb ass conspiracy narrative

Ahh, the amnesia illiterate combo mode again:

Exhibition of "fakes" and reproductions (p 4)
By Pennsylvania Museum of Art. 1916.

(Subject matter below is refrencing pottery, but the point is to highlight forgeries entering museums and remaining there unremoved even if they are known fakes by presenters. Nothing "new" about this practice. But if a poster is illiterate or has severe amnesia they can conviently trigger at will, I GUESS this minor detail can be overlooked.)

But among these treasures were numerous pieces of questionable character which have since proved to be spurious. No collector of that period appears to have entirely escaped the wiles of the forgers, who were even then plying their trade, with little chance of detection. Most of these collections have since been sold or have passed into the possession of public museums, and some of them, under expert inspection, have been gradually reduced by the elimination of fraudulent specimens. In certain museums, however, these collections are still exhibited intact, no attempt having been made, for reasons of policy, to withdraw the obviously fraudulent pieces.

PS: Try some new tricks. The liarness stupidity readings are off the charts right now; either the detector or the subject in question are going to break down at this rate.

Posts: 310 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
A study of illusion and reality, parody, humour and humanity

In this revision of a self study of Michelangelo, I found myself lost. At first, I felt a man who was somewhat, (soft in his manner), but then, I could not see or describe anything else but rather of an (overwhelming being) that completely merged with me, feininoptic if you like. Somehow I knew, as it was someone I thought quite fondly of, a man who knows (what all this means to me), and why I am so restless, so unfulfilled, softly touching as I am lost in him.

http://thebookmann.blogspot.com/2008/09/

Richard Bolai lives and works from Trinidad, West Indies. He is a bookbinder,Graphic designer and the author of thebookmann, which from 2004, has written and photographed independently aspects of Trinidad and Tobago's art culture.

In 2008, he began a series of self studies called Feinin which incorporated digital superpositions of artists who have left a mark in art history by using the internet as the core of reference. He also produced parodies relating to anthropological studies of Trinidad and Tobago, for example, folklore or observations of the society via class and stereotypes

More fraud from Mike and his lackey fencer

Fencer
Member # 22259

Rate Member
So when all else fails you go full moron? That has nothing to do with what I posted.

Edited: Actually this IS a new trick. Its not "new" in the sense that this isn't my first experience with it but its a new trick from our disingenuous friend. Now we have hallucination mode, arguing and refuting points that were never made. Sort of like the buffoon's strawman I guess, since there isn't even anything there to build on to make the strawmam. I'll say again that at least this is new.

Fencer
Member # 22259

Rate Member
But something that is relevant to what I posted is in this following article. Fake modern paintings that are held in musuems as authentic:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4385814/Art-historian-claims-Michelangelo-portrait-FAKE.html

Nothing "consipratory" about this subject. The article shows that this is probably still going on today.

Now let's get ready for that liarness shuffle.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

More fraud from Mike and his lackey fencer

How is clearly identifying the portrait the same way as on it's site fraud?

I'm tired of calling this idiot stupid, can we get the mods to change the screen name to "Stupid-lioness"?

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
From Fencer's post.

Art historian claims a portrait of Michelangelo which is hanging in the National Gallery as part of a major exhibition on the painter is FAKE

Painting of Michelangelo by protégé Sebastiano del Piombo dated 1518-20

But leading expert Charles Hope believes portrait was actually made in 1950s

-

Charles Hope, a former professor at the Warburg Institute in London, argued everything about the painting suggested it fake. Pictured, the painting currently hangs in the National Gallery in London

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

"Of Michelangelo there are no other portraits than
two paintings, one bv the hand of
Bugiardino (Giuliano Bugiardini) and
the other by Jacopo del Conte (Jacopino del Conto)"

--1550, Giorgio Vasari,

Giorgio Vasari, Italian painter, architect, writer, and historian, most famous today for his Lives of the Most Excellent Painters, Sculptors, and Architects, considered the ideological foundation of art-historical writing.

-

-
Portrait of Michelangelo Wearing a Turban by Giuliano Bugiardini
Oil on wood, 49 x 36 cm
Casa Buonarroti, Florence

Michelangelo's nose was reported by Cellini that it was broken by Pietro Torrigiani, a sculptor three years Michelangelo’s elder, when they were both ‘boys’. Vasari adds that Pietro then fled Florence for fear of what the ruler Lorenzo might do, and that would place the latest date for the mishap as 1492, when Lorenzo de’ Medici died.

Cellini was reporting a conversation he had with Torrigiani which he dated to around 1517, when Torrigiani was visiting from England, looking for skilled sculptors to come work for him there on a commission by Henry VIII. Cellini’s words run as follows:

“Now let us return to Piero Torrigiani, who, with my drawing in his hand, spoke as follows: “This Buonarroti and I used, when we were boys, to go into the Church of the Carmine, to learn drawing from the chapel of Masaccio. It was Buonarroti’s habit to banter all who were drawing there; and one day, among others, when he was annoying me, I got more angry than usual, and clenching my fist, gave him such a blow on the nose, that I felt bone and cartilage go down like biscuit beneath my knuckles; and this mark of mine he will carry with him to the grave.” These words begat in me such hatred of the man, since I was always gazing at the masterpieces of the divine Michel Agnolo, that although I felt a wish to go with him to England, I now could never bear the sight of him.”

-
Portrait of Michelangelo by Jacopo del Conte circa 1540

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^It's okay lioness, I'm sure DD'eDeN doesn't mind you filling his thread with Gobbly Gook nonsense.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Interesting,

"a portrait of Michelangelo on panel."

-

http://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/436771

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sci-news.com/othersciences/neuroscience/immanuel-kant-beauty-requires-thought-04853.html

Think. The Ink. Ebembe.

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^"COASTAL" North Africans are "Mixed" with every Albino invader since the first Visigoth.

However further inland, the Black Original people reside.

These people are NOT "Mixed".

-

-

LOL I know very well about the demographic of these regions, but it's okay.

Houda and Halima Saadi, Paris victims.

-

Luma de Oliveira Lima

-

-

https://blackwomenofbrazil.co/2014/06/05/mulata-morena-not-anymore-the-power-and-liberation-of-recognizing-ones-self-as-black/

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:

That is to be debated. North Africans are described as being "mixed" in phenotype. So maybe she was indigenous after all.
What I mean is:

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

-

Not sure what your point is Ish Gebor.

Khaled Saadi and his brother Abdallah are French-born Mulatto Muslims from Tunisia - which IS "Coastal" North Africa.

Halima was on a one week visit to Paris before heading back to Dakar, Senegal where she lived.

Also please do not interject Brazilians into the conversation.

They are silly people, who even in 2017 are weighing the wisdom of accepting terms like Mulata, Morena, etc.

Clearly these are the mulattoes of Africans and Europeans, NOT of Native Americans.

(Note that the one country of Brazil, received more African Slaves than anywhere except the entire Caribbean).

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

there's the black Native American on the right

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3321048.1447692193!/fileImage/httpImage/image.png_gen/derivatives/original_620/houda-and-halima-saadi-paris-victims.png

Not sure what your point is Ish Gebor.

Khaled Saadi and his brother Abdallah are French-born Mulatto Muslims from Tunisia - which IS "Coastal" North Africa.

Halima was on a one week visit to Paris before heading back to Dakar, Senegal where she lived.

They are silly people, who even in 2017 are weighing the wisdom of accepting terms like Mulata, Morena, etc.

Clearly these are the mulattoes of Africans and Europeans, NOT of Native Americans.

(Note that the one country of Brazil, received more African Slaves than anywhere except the entire Caribbean).

You are not sure what me point is? lol Okay.

Fact of the matter is, they look like each other. Even funnier is you called them both mixed (Mulatto).

Btw, I am not sure the Saadis are truly mulattos, in biological sense.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

I think that statistically this is incorrect. Brazil was a Portuguese colony. The Caribbean was mainly a Spanish, and partially Dutch, France and British colony. Latin Americas only Portuguese colony was Brazil. The remaining colonies were Spanish, with minor input from Dutch Brits and France. I think that all Latin-Spanish speaking countries have combined more people of African descent, than Brazil.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Khaled Saadi and his brother Abdallah are French-born Mulatto Muslims from Tunisia - which IS "Coastal" North Africa....

It makes no sense to say the Brazilians are a silly people weighing the wisdom of accepting terms like Mulata, Morena, etc. when the Brazilians have the term "pardo" and numerous other historical terms pertaining to various mixtures while America calls a "mulatto" president black and has no official terms for mixed people!

That being said, please carry on in dealing with Ish Gebor's famous comprehension issues

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Khaled Saadi and his brother Abdallah are French-born Mulatto Muslims from Tunisia - which IS "Coastal" North Africa....

It makes no sense to say the Brazilians are a silly people weighing the wisdom of accepting terms like Mulata, Morena, etc. when the Brazilians have the term "pardo" and numerous other historical terms pertaining to various mixtures while America calls a "mulatto" president black and has no official terms for mixed people!
These terms are from Portuguese colonialist. The people of the demographic consider themselves black "negro". This was discussed already, comedian. American has nothing top do with this conversation. But they are considered niggers anyway, no matter the level of admixture. In both America and Brazil these African descendants are considered second class citizens. You can change the name, but the game remains the same.

quote:

That being said, please carry on in dealing with Ish Gebor's famous comprehension issues

This comes from a dumb box of rocks, from Sweden. lol

DOSSIÊ DASHIKI: SAIBA MAIS SOBRE O CLÁSSICO DA MODA AFRICANA

-

http://mequetrefismos.com/modas/dossie-dashiki-saiba-mais-sobre-o-classico-da-moda-africana/

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

Fact of the matter is, they look like each other. Even funnier is you called them both mixed (Mulatto).

Are you trying to be funny, or just being an ass?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

____________________ pardização

Brazilian censuses do not use a "multiracial" category. Instead, the censuses use skin colour categories. Most Brazilians of visibly mixed racial origins self-identify as pardos. They are typically a mixture of European, African and Native Brazilian.

In the 20th century, a significant part of the Brazilians who used to self-report as Black in earlier censuses chose to move to the Pardo category. Also a significant part of the population that used to self-report as white also moved to the Pardo category with the growing racial and social awareness, and Magnoli describes this phenomenon as the pardização ("pardoization") of Brazil.

MAGNOLI, Demétrio. Uma Gota de Sangue, Editora Contexto (2008)

mulatto is the new human

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Are you trying to be funny, or just being an ass?

Neither, however have ever you been to North Africa? [Roll Eyes]
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Brazilian censuses do not use a "multiracial" category. Instead, the censuses use skin colour categories. Most Brazilians of visibly mixed racial origins self-identify as pardos. They are typically a mixture of European, African and Native Brazilian.

In the 20th century, a significant part of the Brazilians who used to self-report as Black in earlier censuses chose to move to the Pardo category. Also a significant part of the population that used to self-report as white also moved to the Pardo category with the growing racial and social awareness, and Magnoli describes this phenomenon as the pardização ("pardoization") of Brazil.

mulatto is the new human

Magazines like Raca dispute the claims above. lol The above is a Pardo wet dream. To keep the black population of Brazil segregated as much as possible. lol

You euroloons are funny individuals.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Ish, stop trolling, this thread is about and Cleopatra and Michaelanglo

-

Dendera Cleopatra Roman Temple Cleopatra 69 - 30 BC was the last was the last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Ish, stop trolling, this thread is about and Cleopatra and Michaelanglo

http://c7.alamy.com/comp/BC0TYH/dendera-cleopatra-roman-temple-cleopatra-69-30-bc-was-the-last-was-BC0TYH.jpg

Dendera Cleopatra Roman Temple Cleopatra 69 - 30 BC was the last was the last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt

The thread is about Cleopatra indeed. Considering the fact that she was from North Africa, this is being addressed . I can't help that you can't follow along, then try to brush it under the curtain as me so called trolling.

Cleopatra's mother 'was African'

Cleopatra, the last Egyptian Pharaoh, renowned for her beauty, was part African, says a BBC team which believes it has found her sister's tomb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/also_in_the_news/7945333.stm

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
I think that statistically this is incorrect. Brazil was a Portuguese colony. The Caribbean was mainly a Spanish, and partially Dutch, France and British colony. Latin Americas only Portuguese colony was Brazil. The remaining colonies were Spanish, with minor input from Dutch Brits and France. I think that all Latin-Spanish speaking countries have combined more people of African descent, than Brazil.

Clearly - your biggest mistake is "thinking".

I suggest that you do more "Researching" and less "thinking" - at least until you have some data.

-

I have told you and the others many times, that the Blacks of South America (except Brazil), Central America, and Mexico were "NOT" of African descent!

WHAT IS YOUR FRIGGIN PROBLEM?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

mulatto is the new human

Magazines like Raca dispute the claims above. lol The above is a Pardo wet dream. To keep the black population of Brazil segregated as much as possible. lol

Why would somebody who is half white and half black call themselves one or the other
when the reality is that they are mixed and an appropriate term for them would be something other than "white" or "black" ?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

I suggest that you do more "Researching" and less "thinking" - at least until you have some data.

Exactly, I thought the same thing when Ish said "thinking"
Any fool can "think", even a dog can think about places a bone might be

but who has the facts ???

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

I have told you and the others many times, that the Blacks of South America (except Brazil), Central America, and Mexico were "NOT" of African descent!

WHAT IS YOUR FRIGGIN PROBLEM?

The main account for the Caribbean is larger than Brazil. I didn't even count the others into it. smh

Your frikkin' problem is that black Americans are the only ones who lost their African culture and traditions. Perhaps this is due to the lack of thinking skills, you can't understand and comprehend this. Perhaps you should do more field research.

Discover Nigeria: The Yoruba Origin of Brazilian Culture

By Abiola Alabi

http://connectnigeria.com/articles/2013/03/discover-nigeria-the-yoruba-origin-of-brazilian-culture/

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

mulatto is the new human

Why would somebody who is half white and half black call themselves one or the other
when the reality is that they are mixed and an appropriate term for them would be something other than "white" or "black" ?

If you had a brain and common sense you would know that it was black women who were raped and force to produce these offspring. So by your logic there would be no black population in Brazil. lol

I understand you euroloons try to weaken the black Brazilian population by applying segregation tactics.

Sources like Black Women Of Brazil clearly contradict your loony claims.

https://www.facebook.com/Black-Women-of-Brazil-173345389451084/

quote:
MAGNOLI, Demétrio. Uma Gota de Sangue, Editora Contexto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DAj6VAxgs

[Roll Eyes]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Since the 2000 census, the numbers of people defining themselves as pardos(mixed race) in 2010 increased from 38.4% to 43.1% in 2010. In this 10-year period, people defining themselves as pretos (dark skinned) also increased from 6.2% to 7.6%, while those defining themselves as brancos decreased from 53.7% to 47.3%.

- blackwomenofbrazil

Ish, you are lying BOB reports an increase of people self identifying as mixed race

Many people identify as mixed race in Brazil instead of black or white -you have some kind of problem with this ?

BOB reported this as slight variation on how people identified themselves form 2000 to 2010

This means whatever the slight increase of decrease multi millions of people define themselves as "pardos" , mixed race
-and other multi millions define themselves as black or white etc.

and that is what they are of course, Americans should do the same thing, but they prefer to see everything as black or white.
But in addition to this, unlike in America, Europeans in Brazil promoted ethnic mixing perhaps because they knew they were outnumbered by the Africans

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Since the 2000 census, the numbers of people defining themselves as pardos(mixed race) in 2010 increased from 38.4% to 43.1% in 2010. In this 10-year period, people defining themselves as pretos (dark skinned) also increased from 6.2% to 7.6%, while those defining themselves as brancos decreased from 53.7% to 47.3%.

- blackwomenofbrazil

Ish, you are lying BOB reports an increase of people self identifying as mixed race

People identifying as mixed race instead of black or white -you have some kind of problem with this ?

The sources says, Racial classification and terminology in Brazil:

Let's read what THEY ACTAULLY SAY ON THIS:

quote:
Activists of the Movimento Negro (black Brazilian civil rights organizations) have long argued that the terms preto and pardo should be combined and recognized as Brazil’s Afro-Brazilian population. This argument is based upon numerous socioeconomic studies and quality of life statistics that show that the profiles of pretos and pardos are nearly identical while these same stats show that Brazil’s white (branco) population is much better off than those identified as preto or pardo.

[…]

There are also people, who recognize that their skin color, features and racial background would classify them as pardos but that identify themselves as black or negra/negro.

https://blackwomenofbrazil.co/2011/11/20/racial-classification-and-terminology-in-brazil/

Once again your loony euronuty argument has been flushed down the shithole.

You also left out: "There are simply too many factors to consider in order to come to a conclusive response."

quote:
[QB] Americans should do the same thing, but they prefer to see everything as black or white

In this day and time in America? Sure, euronut logic [Big Grin]

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

- blackwomenofbrazil

People identifying as mixed race instead of black or white -you have some kind of problem with this ?

The sources says, Racial classification and terminology in Brazil:

Let's read what THEY ACTAULLY SAY ON THIS:

quote:
Activists of the Movimento Negro (black Brazilian civil rights organizations) have long argued that the terms preto and pardo should be combined and recognized as Brazil’s Afro-Brazilian population. This argument is based upon numerous socioeconomic studies and quality of life statistics that show that the profiles of pretos and pardos are nearly identical while these same stats show that Brazil’s white (branco) population is much better off than those identified as preto or pardo.

https://blackwomenofbrazil.co/2011/11/20/racial-classification-and-terminology-in-brazil/

Once again your loony euronuty argument has been flushed down the shithole.

Again you are lying. It actually says both things

quote:

- blackwomenofbrazil

^^anybody can go to the link and see that Ish Gebor is lying when he says it does not actually say that when it is a verbatim quote

Again you have reading comprehension issues. Multi millions of people in Brazil identify themselves as mixed race, black and white.

So if black organizations prefer that the multi millions of people who self identify as mixed race (pardo) should instead self identify as black, the fact is that they are mixed race and they choose to self identify as they wish

So stop the ongoing lying

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Again you have reading comprehension issues. Multi millions of people in Brazil identify themselves as mixed race, black and white.

Actually the source says something else.

There are simply too many factors to consider in order to come to a conclusive response.

1) The increase in pretos and pardos could be due to an ongoing self-esteem and black identity campaign by the Movimento Negro that encourages people to assume African ancestry, which for many years was a source of shame for persons who could not pass for branca. This could have the affect of having people who formerly defined themselves as branca, re-define themselves as parda or even preta, as well as people formerly defining themselves as pardas re-classifying themselves as pretas.

2) Interracial marriage and relationships make up a signficant proportion of Brazilian unions. It is possible that more children of these unions are being classified as parda or preta by their parents. Throughout the history of Brazil, millions of parents have wished for their children to have a more European physical appearance and often times these parents will define their children in categories denoting a lighter skin color. This author can attest to many very dark-skinned Brazilians being classified as pardas on their birth certificates for example.

3) Although whiteness continues to be the most valued racial classification in Brazil, some people who have thought of themselves as white may not see themselves as so white when they compare themselves to the whiteness of actors on Brazilian television or the globalized images of whiteness coming from the United States or Europe.

There are many other possible factors and considering all of these factors, there may never be a precise measure of the racial composition of Brazil. But it remains a spirited discussion that continues to provoke many heated debates and opinions.

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
The term pardo can have several meanings including brown, mulatto, mestizo, or any combination of mixed race. The term includes a wide variety of phenotypes and any combination of racial admixture. Activists of the Movimento Negro (black Brazilian civil rights organizations) have long argued that the terms preto and pardo should be combined and recognized as Brazil’s Afro-Brazilian population.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com