EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » ‘US would lose Pacific war with China’

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ‘US would lose Pacific war with China’
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
America would be defeated in a sea war with China and would struggle to stop an invasion of Taiwan, according to a series of ‘eye-opening’ war games carried out by the Pentagon.

The United States would be defeated in a sea war with China and would struggle to stop an invasion of Taiwan, according to a series of “eye-opening” war games carried out by the Pentagon.

American defence sources have told The Times that several simulated conflicts conducted by the US resulted in the conclusion that their forces would be overwhelmed by the Chinese. One simulated war game focused on the year 2030, by which time a modernised Chinese navy would operate an array of new attack submarines, aircraft carriers and destroyers.

The aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is seen docked at Naval Base Guam in Apra Harbour last month. Picture: AFP
The aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is seen docked at Naval Base Guam in Apra Harbour last month. Picture: AFP
The analysis also found that Beijing’s accumulation of medium-range ballistic missiles has already made every US base and any American carrier battle group operating in the Indo-Pacific Command region vulnerable to overwhelming strikes. The Pacific island of Guam, a base for American strategic bombers such as the B-2 and B-52, is now considered to be wholly at risk.

-

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/the-times/us-would-lose-any-war-with-china-in-pacific/news-story/989d5832d6460e3bd7bbab4ca983967b

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2707 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same thing would happen with Iran...

quote:
Iran perhaps more than any other U.S. rival has adopted the military logic of the new war era, building a hybrid force of conventional soldiers and irregular fighters around the principles of asymmetric warfare to deadly effect. The Iranian ability to fight the United States in the Middle East is greater than most Americans care to acknowledge, but military experts understand the deadly threat Iran poses well. In one war game by the U.S. Joint Forces Command, Marine General Paul Van Riper simulated an Iranian attack on U.S. naval assets using small boats and planes manned by suicide bombers. The low-tech strike sunk 16 U.S. naval vessels and killed thousands of sailors. In another war game, this one organized by the Atlantic, retired Air Force colonel and war game expert Sam Gardiner simulated multiple scenarios for a U.S. attack on Iran aimed at stopping the Iranian nuclear program. None worked. “After all this effort, I am left with two simple sentences for policymakers,” Gardiner said after the exercises. “You have no military solutions for the issues of Iran. And you have to make diplomacy work.” Still other war games done by the CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency reached similar conclusions.
https://quincyinst.org/2020/01/03/the-u-s-can-only-lose-in-war-with-iran/
Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think about the US bases around Iran?

-

--------------------

Posts: 2707 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:

quote:
Iran perhaps more than any other U.S. rival has adopted the military logic of the new war era, building a hybrid force of conventional soldiers and irregular fighters around the principles of asymmetric warfare to deadly effect. The Iranian ability to fight the United States in the Middle East is greater than most Americans care to acknowledge, but military experts understand the deadly threat Iran poses well. In one war game by the U.S. Joint Forces Command, Marine General Paul Van Riper simulated an Iranian attack on U.S. naval assets using small boats and planes manned by suicide bombers. The low-tech strike sunk 16 U.S. naval vessels and killed thousands of sailors. In another war game, this one organized by the Atlantic, retired Air Force colonel and war game expert Sam Gardiner simulated multiple scenarios for a U.S. attack on Iran aimed at stopping the Iranian nuclear program. None worked. “After all this effort, I am left with two simple sentences for policymakers,” Gardiner said after the exercises. “You have no military solutions for the issues of Iran. And you have to make diplomacy work.” Still other war games done by the CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency reached similar conclusions.
The US could pretty much devastate most of Iran's major military
assets in the initial phase of any war, just as it did with Iraq.
Ships, infrastructure, major formations etc. The problem is not blowing
major stuff up, but trying to get past the initial phase and make Iran do
what you want. In an all out war this will be tricky as Iran
will shift to guerilla and mobile warfare, plus blow up oil facilities
and/or in some way mine/block Persian Gulf sea transit lanes to
cause major international economic pain to Europe, Japan and China
The mullahs are not stupid however. They would calculate carefully before
getting into a war with US or Israel. A series of strikes devastating nuke plants
or key military installations can possibly bring them to the
bargaining table without it going into a no holds barred conflict.
If they are pushed into a corner with little to lose after the initial
phase then it can mean a long drawn out ground war as in Iraq.
Doubtful if America has the stomach for that. Capability- yes.
Long-haul determination? Doubtful, given citizen suspicion abut government claims
after the Iraq war fiasco. Political leaders these days are not eager for
long-drawn out, expensive ground adventures either.

The Report smacks of alarmism- because the Trump regime and Israel
are trying to blow Iran up into this great bogeyman. The scenario of some sort
of sneak attack seems to assume that all those US assets will just be there
snoozing conveniently close to shore for the small boats and suicide planes
to take them out. Really? And why would US carriers draw so close
to Iran when they could lurk hundreds of miles over the horizon and
unleash crushing firepower not only via aircraft but by accurate cruise
& ballistic missiles? As for Iran's nuke program- Israel could take
most of the major stuff out in a few hours. How much more the US.

-

China of course, is a much more powerful opponent than Iran. Yes the
CHinese could win IF, IF the US was so obliging that it would bring
its assets nice and convenient into Chinese range for easy destruction.
But with a sophisticated set of space weapons and space platforms
giving real time updates on anything that moves in the battlezone, the
Chinese are gonna be learning some major pain. FOr example, in any war
scenario, all those nice Chinese missile sites, boats, subs and new carrier
would be at risk from devastating US long-range strikes. WHo says everything
has to be put on hold until ships arrive frm San Diego? Cruise and
ballistic missiles can be on their way within hours long before.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean its pretty obvious.

Its mind blowing that at one time Iran was a functioning secular nation, until we interfered and helped installed the Shah...now look. This is the result of Neo-Con rightwing propaganda. smh

quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa:
What do you think about the US bases around Iran?

-

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Oh I agree, Iran's only chance at survival initially, would be if its allies, Russia and China came to its aid. Of course long term occupation or a ground invasion would be much more difficult...

Also, dont dismiss the report as simple propaganda, a similar war game in 2012 came to the same conclusion.

Rest assured the Pentagon is taking the results very seriously.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a30392654/millennium-challenge-qassem-soleimani/

Iran has nearly three times the amount of people Iraq did in 2003, when the war began, and is about three and a half times as big. In fact, it’s the world’s 17th-largest country, with territory greater than France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and Portugal combined.

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/7/8/18693297/us-iran-war-trump-nuclear-iraq

quote:
The geography is also treacherous. It has small mountain ranges along some of its borders. Entering from the Afghanistan side in the east would mean traversing two deserts. Trying to get in from the west could also prove difficult even with Turkey — a NATO ally — as a bordering nation. After all, Ankara wouldn’t let the US use Turkey to invade Iraq, and its relations with Washington have only soured since.
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan aka Enrique Cardova:
quote:

quote:
The US could pretty much devastate most of Iran's major military
assets in the initial phase of any war, just as it did with Iraq.
Ships, infrastructure, major formations etc. The problem is not blowing
major stuff up, but trying to get past the initial phase and make Iran do
what you want. In an all out war this will be tricky as Iran
will shift to guerilla and mobile warfare, plus blow up oil facilities
and/or in some way mine/block Persian Gulf sea transit lanes to
cause major international economic pain to Europe, Japan and China
The mullahs are not stupid however. They would calculate carefully before
getting into a war with US or Israel. A series of strikes devastating nuke plants
or key military installations can possibly bring them to the
bargaining table without it going into a no holds barred conflict.
If they are pushed into a corner with little to lose after the initial
phase then it can mean a long drawn out ground war as in Iraq.
Doubtful if America has the stomach for that. Capability- yes.
Long-haul determination? Doubtful, given citizen suspicion abut government claims
after the Iraq war fiasco. Political leaders these days are not eager for
long-drawn out, expensive ground adventures either.

The Report smacks of alarmism- because the Trump regime and Israel
are trying to blow Iran up into this great bogeyman. The scenario of some sort
of sneak attack seems to assume that all those US assets will just be there
snoozing conveniently close to shore for the small boats and suicide planes
to take them out. Really? And why would US carriers draw so close
to Iran when they could lurk hundreds of miles over the horizon and
unleash crushing firepower not only via aircraft but by accurate cruise
& ballistic missiles? As for Iran's nuke program- Israel could take
most of the major stuff out in a few hours. How much more the US.

-

China of course, is a much more powerful opponent than Iran. Yes the
CHinese could win IF, IF the US was so obliging that it would bring
its assets nice and convenient into Chinese range for easy destruction.
But with a sophisticated set of space weapons and space platforms
giving real time updates on anything that moves in the battlezone, the
Chinese are gonna be learning some major pain. FOr example, in any war
scenario, all those nice Chinese missile sites, boats, subs and new carrier
would be at risk from devastating US long-range strikes. WHo says everything
has to be put on hold until ships arrive frm San Diego? Cruise and
ballistic missiles can be on their way within hours long before.

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh I agree, Iran's only chance at survival initially, would be if its allies, Russia and China came to its aid. Of course long term occupation or a ground invasion would be much more difficult...

Also, dont dismiss the report as simple propaganda, a similar war game in 2012 came to the same conclusion.

Rest assured the Pentagon is taking the results very seriously.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a30392654/millennium-challenge-qassem-soleimani/

Iran has nearly three times the amount of people Iraq did in 2003, when the war began, and is about three and a half times as big. In fact, it’s the world’s 17th-largest country, with territory greater than France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and Portugal combined.

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/7/8/18693297/us-iran-war-trump-nuclear-iraq

[QUOTE]The geography is also treacherous. It has small mountain ranges along some of its borders. Entering from the Afghanistan side in the east would mean traversing two deserts. Trying to get in from the west could also prove difficult even with Turkey — a NATO ally — as a bordering nation. After all, Ankara wouldn’t let the US use Turkey to invade Iraq, and its relations with Washington have only soured since.

Good point. Iran could play the China or Russia card if things get ugly.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
3 YEARS AGO
China Unveils Epic 1,320-Ton God Of War Statue

You’d expect a God of War statue to look pretty epic. But there’s epic, and then there’s EPIC, and this enormous statue of Guan Yu, a famous general in Chinese history who was later deified, is most definitely EPIC.
Guan Yu lived during China’s turbulent Three Kingdoms period. He carried an axe-like weapon called a Green Dragon Crescent Blade, which has been immortalized with him as part of the statue. The only difference is that the weapon now weighs 136 tonnes! And though for us westerners Guan Yu is commonly known as a War God, Chinese mythology celebrates a whole spectrum of his qualities, such as brotherhood and loyalty. It is very common for a household to have little shrines dedicated to him and celebrating Guan Yu goodness.

Did we mention this God of War statue was epic?

-

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WScmEzj447M

China 'preparing for war with the West'
863,273 views•May 2, 2020

Sky News Australia

Founding Chairman of Quilliam Maajid Nawaz believes “China is preparing for war” as tensions between Beijing and the west increase due to a proposed investigation into the origins of COVID-19.

Last month Australia proposed an independent, global investigation into the origins and the initial handling of the novel coronavirus.

The Chinese ambassador warned that Australia could face an economic hit if it does not back down from a push into the Beijing's handling of the coronavirus.

Ambassador Cheng Jingye said the push was “dangerous” and could dissuade Chinese citizens not to travel or trade with Australia.

Mr Nawaz said he became aware of the “incredible danger” the Chinese Communist Party poses to the world when he learned it interned two million Uyghur Muslims in concentration camps.

“We are already in a cold war with them," he said.

“The Chinese Communist Party is preparing for it (war) and they have a strategy for us in the West and we have no strategy for dealing with them.”

--------------------

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USA and China are friendnemy I don't think they will ever go to war. The economy of those two competing superpowers are to interdependent compare to the economy of the USA and USSR during the cold war. The USA need the cheap and efficient manufacturing capacity of China. China need access to the USA market to sell its products and USA patented technology.

There will be plenty of negative talk between the politicians of the USA and China but they will not go to war. The USA and China computer war simulation warning is a scam to increase defense spending so the weapon industry can make money and soldiers can keep their jobs

Nice picture of the Chinese God of war Guan Yu.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Symbols are things.... and You don't invoke your GOd of War because you want hold hands and sing Kumbayah..

China plans a clampdown that could end Hong Kong's dreams of democracy

-

At the opening of China's once-a-year National People's Congress on Friday, the country's leaders revealed the Communist Party's top two concerns for 2020 and beyond: national security headaches from Hong Kong's defiant pro-democracy movement, and economic growth in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beijing's 3,000-member rubber-stamp legislature is poised to usher in controversial "national security" legislation that would ban treason, secession, sedition and subversion in the former British colony.

Hong Kong pro-democracy leaders arrested amid COVID lockdown
There's mounting fear that Beijing would use the new laws to subvert semi-autonomous Hong Kong's remaining rights, which include freedom of speech and assembly, and the city's independent judiciary. If that happens, it would be a death knell for the "One Country, Two Systems" policy that officially guarantees Hong Kong's semi-autonomy until 2047.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com