EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Metatron’s Quote

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metatron’s Quote
Baalberith
Ungodly and Satanic Entity
Member # 23079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baalberith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In his latest tirade video against ancient Egypt's Africanity, Metatron reads out an ambiguous quote dealing with the Naqada and Badari cultures. Here's the transcript from his video which I timestamped:

quote:
The Ethiopian element present in the crania in connection to the Naqada is absolutely a real thing but it doesn't characterize in a univocal way the ethnicity, phenotype of the culture, and above all its variation which show just like the previous Badarian culture important influxes from the Near East on a genetic basis.
Source: https://youtu.be/RHGpGhW3BMk?si=FndjojIePGs_5j1_&t=3770

On a further note, of all the citations he actually managed to cite for his video, I couldn't find this specific quote anywhere. I've looked pretty much around the web as to where he got this quote from and couldn't come up with any leads. I was wondering if you guys could help me track this quote down to see if it’s valid or not.

Posts: 334 | From: Hell | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He says before he quotes that quote he says:
"still from the American Journal of physical archaeology we read: the Ethiopian element..."

The word "Physical" applies to anthropology rather than archaeology so he probably meant
"American Journal of Physical Anthropology"

if we expand the video description it includes:

quote:

Section on Nawqada culture: references

(cfr. Brace&Alii, Clines and clusters versus “Race:” a test in ancient Egypt and the case of a death on the Nile, American Journal of Phisci Anthropology 36,

(cfr. Patricia Smith, Egypt and the Levant: Interrelations from the 4th through the Early 3rd Millennium BC bioanthropology.huji.ac.il/pdf/13.pdf)

( cfr. A. Mączyńska, “Shaky foundation of the Egyptian Civilization: Response article to Of culture wars and the clash of civilizations in Prehistoric Egyptan epistemological analysis by E. Christiana Köhler, Vienna”, in Egypt and the Levant, Vol. 30 (2020), pp. 95-100)

I checked the top two and don't see the quote, the first is the famous Brace article, 1993

first:

American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Volume 36, Issue S17: American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Jan 1993
Pages
fmi, ii, 1-212
ARTICLE
Clines and clusters versus “Race:” a test in ancient Egypt and the case of a death on the Nile
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/ajpa.1330360603

second:

https://www.academia.edu/45047271/Egypt_and_the_Levant_INTERRELATIONS_FROM_THE_4TH_THROUGH_THE_EARLY_3RD_MILLENNIUM_BCE_Edited_by

Egypt and the Levant : interrelations from the 4th through the early 3rd millennium B.C.E.
Authors:Edwin C. M. van den Brink, Thomas Evan Levy

third, first page only

https://www.jstor.org/stable/27045080

JOURNAL ARTICLE
SHAKY FOUNDATIONS OF THE EGYPTIAN CIVILISATION
by Agnieszka Mączyńska
Response article to:
Of culture wars and the clash of civilizations in Prehistoric Egyptan epistemological analysis by E. Christiana Köhler, Vienna”,
in Egypt and the Levant, Vol. 30 (2020), pp. 95-100)

Ägypten und Levante / Egypt and the Levant
Vol. 30 (2020), pp. 95-100 (6 pages)
Published By: Austrian Academy of Sciences Press

^^ maybe this last article?
not sure
If so he would be mistaken if quoting form either of the bottom two since they are not
"American Journal of Physical Anthropology"

Posts: 43031 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baalberith
Member # 23079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baalberith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked all of these studies and the quote wasn't there. I also check the quote's connection to the American Journal of physical archaeology and no leads. I'll try to check again though.
Posts: 334 | From: Hell | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baalberith:
I checked all of these studies and the quote wasn't there. I also check the quote's connection to the American Journal of physical archaeology and no leads. I'll try to check again though.

all 6 pages of this? :

I couldn't get access

Posts: 43031 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baalberith
Member # 23079

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Originally posted by Baalberith:

all 6 pages of this? :

I couldn't get access

Here's the paper: https://www.jstor.org/stable/27045080
^
You have to sign into JSTOR to access it, which is free of charge.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com