EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Race is biological

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Race is biological
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Complaining about Euro dominant genetic studies not helpful to non-whites yet explaining away the
obvious biological analyses as not indicators of biological race.
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/10/22/17983568/precision-medicine-genetics-gwas-diversity-all-of-us
Haven't seem such gobbledygook double talk since scouting for financial advisors/investments.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A hard reality to face is our race has wasted so much time on victimhood when effort mainly should have been placed on the sciences to compete in this technologically driven global market.

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hold a science degree.
Maybe Black Americans had this "education is acting white thing".
West Africans are highest educated group in Great Britain.
African Americans from "independent" schools graduate and go to college at record numbers.
You can check the archive on that.

I think only losers play the victim and thus fall into a trap built by their white liberal supporters.
But nobody's playing when they get shot dead by police for nothing, the ultimate in being made victims.

Never again.
That's the cry of one victimized people who wasted no time to make victims of others.
Victimhood is one card in the deck.
It's good to know when and how to play it.

But to be on topic
Last decade they played the no such thing as race card.
Now it's no such thing as biological race.
Yet all the while reports write of Caucasians.
Now they like the term West Eurasian for the white race.
That's to make Europe, North Africa, and the Arabian Peninsula one white people.
Notice no East Eurasia. Why? No white racial use or benefit.

And while trying to disarm with the 'social construct' ruse
they find more and more biological indicators of race.
So much so they admit a need to racify medicine due to genetic findings.
The problem arises from assuming complete racial background by eyeball.
The problem is compounded assuming each individual in a race has the same exact susceptibilities.

BTW though a Tom organization, the NTA 2017 conference theme was “Multigenerational and Interdisciplinary Approaches for STEM Success”.
And if de-Grassse Tyson isn't inspirational who is? Bardi? Why?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"education is acting white thing". I've heard this but never experienced anything like that,I feel like that quote is being misinterpreted because education has already existed before schools as a concept was even a thing. Sense I haven't seen a video or read a article that properly defines the "acting like such race" thing I assuming it's meant as taking on qualities That's seen negative towards your group.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't they measure caucasians by skull which is why they are able to reach over and include other groups under that racial type besides WASP?

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by Black Crystal:
don't they measure caucasians by skull which is why they are able to reach over and include other groups under that racial type besides WASP?

-
Per Montagu & Brace.

--------------------

Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:

-
Per Montagu & Brace.

Is this book available for view online?

--------------------
BC

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negritos, Melanesians and Papuans were acknowledged in this book as Negroes but are genetically much closer to Australians. So people's races don't rely on genetic closeness. Isn't that interesting...

Though honestly Australians were also called black/negro too throughout their entire history so there's also that problem too.

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

See below. Made 2 posts into one.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

I only see one Negro on the chart.

It is tall with woolly hair, long head, and broad nose,
It is flanked by Negrillo and Melanesian.
Along with Papuan and Negrito, these are Montagu's five BLACK groups.
The Black and the YellowBrown Bushman comprise his NEGROID grouping.
Alas and alack, many another Inner African type goes missing.

Australian falls under BROWN Australoid/Archaic Caucasoid.

Don't expect all Ol' Skool phys anthr to agree.
Physical anthropology isn't population genetics.
It's exactly what Oshun suspects.
The relationship criteria differ; physical, genetic.
Both are results of biology, though.

Everybody's related.
Recent or deep.
Yesterday or way back.

Afros and Euros are recent close relatives.
Ah, but physical features and closeness.
Euros have treated Afros the same as their distant yet deep relatives.
They have even claimed a seperate 'creation'.*

Outside laboratories and journals.
In the world whose streets we walk daily.
Phenotype is the determinative.
Genotype is of medical importance.
Or usurping the ancient past by proxy.
West Eurasian, anyone?

* Euros surprised by fact of Afro relatives.
It first appears in writing with Aeschylus.
The coloured Supplicant Maidens and the palloured Argive King.
He says they look nothing like Argives.
They stick to their Argive roots story.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

I think you'd be better off with a book that summarizes racial phys anthr from Linnaeus (1767) to Baker (1974). In lieu of that check this

Linnaeus gave 4 hard and fast continent based races.
He included mental disposition a major racial characteristic.
Most phys anthr say races are like clouds. Sapiens merge and drift.
Some, like Coon (Baker's mentor) , think raciation preceded sapiense.

I think I linked Dixon's book in that other thread.
Be aforewarned, written 80 years ago, it'll fox with ya.
His three criteria are head, face, and nose.

quote:
quote:
quote:

-
Per Montagu & Brace.

--------------------

Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Thanks.

quote:
I think you'd be better off with a book that summarizes racial phys anthr from Linnaeus (1767) to Baker (1974).
Most say races are like clouds. Sapiens merge and drif.
Some, like Coon, think raciation preceded sapiense.

I think I linked Dixon's book in that other thread.
Be aforewarned, written 80 years ago, it'll fox with ya.
His three criteria are head, face, and nose.

quote:
quote:
quote:

-
Per Montagu & Brace.

--------------------
BC

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Here's another 4 way scheme with the same major races.
This is the current opinion of the Horniman Museum* London England.
See how they retain and build on their forbears claims.
Note half Mali, Niger, 3/4 Chad, Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Djibouti, and Somalia are Caucasoid.
As from Speke's and Seligman's Hamites to today's genomics.

-

RETAIN: Negroid Australoid Mongoloid Caucasoid
Even though negroid and mongoloid are pejorative.

BUILD: Negroids limited to Africa.
Papuan and Melanesian moved from Negroid to Australoid.
Negrillos either not considered or else moved to Caucasoid and Mongoloid.

* "We are the Horniman Museum and Gardens, an inspiring, surprising, family-friendly, free attraction in South London’s Forest Hill. You can see our internationally important collections of anthropology and musical instruments, as well as an acclaimed aquarium, beautiful Gardens, a Butterfly House and our natural history collection. "

--------------------

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Changing the map to try making stronger the claim of genetic races when Australoids and Negroids are both treated as blacks and are more genetically distant than all these other groups. These -oids have never reflected the real world fully. Same thing with treating the Horn and northern parts of Africa as "Caucasoid." Most of those people are much closer genetically to people labeled Negroid than they are to "Caucasians." And just like the Australians, portions of Africa are being labeled something separate from the south they're STILL going to be treated as black. Academic race talk is almost like reading sci fi about an alternate Earth.

The reason some kids think education is "white" is because many of them sense this nonsense in academia from a very early age but fail to distinguish the idea of being educated from participating in mainstream academia which is at it's core very Eurocentric. Those that are fortunate enough to distinguish the two have looked for black scholarship or go online looking for information that can be found here.

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Afaic there's no excuse for not achieving academic excellence.
Knowing "him speak with fork tongue" didn't impede me, or you, etc.
Let's hope 'acting white' becomes/remains passe.
Black kids have to be smarter than that.
"Learn baby learn, so you can earn baby earn."

Another map. This one is tri-racial and from 1885-1892 Germany.
 -
Higher Def @ https://postimg.cc/bGs3qthj vw zm or dwnld

-

--------------------

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
True discussing the nature of it shouldn't instill a feeling of complacency. But I can't believe it's entirely the children's fault they shut down in the sight of information we've allowed them to associate with non blacks. These kids didn't leave the womb thinking this way and I don't buy that there's nothing grown folks watching this could be doing about it. Grown folks need to take accountability for what they're seeing: As a community we've failed to successfully teach many of our children the difference between mainstream academia and education. We've focused so much on forcing other groups of people to give us what our kids need we haven't been thinking about how to provide on our own the black friendly academic spaces to prevent kids from thinking certain forms of knowledge are off limits to them because of their race. Some parents grew up and were able to make this distinction themselves. Other kids are the offspring of parents or families that have failed to make that type of distinction and have internalized racism. How is that rectified?

Can't see the image to comment.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

^^ Map & legend added to last post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-7JDRr9wo

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20181105/lady-allen-implores-jamaicans-safeguard-nations-youth

I was chastised for disrespecting an adult. Why?
I went to the flip maps and demonstrated geography.
Europe map, no Egypt.
Asia map, no Egypt.
Africa map, Bingo!

So why did I get marked wrong on the test?
"Egypt only looks like it's in Africa."
Teacher reported me to principal.
Parents were contacted.
I was chastised.

Sensing something was up
ever since then I studied Africana
intensely, independently.
I had always tried my best in school.
The smart guy w/charm got girls.
Them, the athletic, and the situational comedians.

Don't know how it is now, no school age kids at home.
Youths I used to mentor couple years back they appreciated education.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

quote:
Complaining about Euro dominant genetic studies not helpful to non-whites yet explaining away the
obvious biological analyses as not indicators of biological race.
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/10/22/17983568/precision-medicine-genetics-gwas-diversity-all-of-us
Haven't seem such gobbledygook double talk since scouting for financial advisors/investments.

quote from the article

quote:
Some of these SNPs are meaningful for our health, and activate the biological pathways that make some of us taller than others, smarter than others, or healthier than others. Others are just kind of randomly acquired through generations and don’t tell us all that much besides for our geographic ancestry.
"This is something people may misunderstand about evolution: Species survive because of diversity"

To be very clear: African, Asian, Native American, Ashkenazi Jew, and European biology is not different from one another. None of this is evidence that race is a “biological construct” (which it isn’t). What can be different among various ethnic groups is the patterns of genes we inherit from our families. “It’s a difference in terms of disease, and what causes disease,” says Emmanuel Peprah, a global health scientist at NYU.

here is where they say that race is not biological^^

Yet they use the term "white" 13 times, which is clearly racial and their chart is titled "Racial breakdown" and this i supposed to be in the context of genetics which is biological!

They are saying that medical genetic testing needs to be more diverse but then they revert to the simplistic paradigm "white" which is most commonly used in a less diverse paradigm, typically in recent times, dividing the world into typically 3-5 racial categories

So there are at least two different solutions in making this article consistent and not double talk

1) delete this statement from the article:

None of this is evidence that race is a “biological construct” (which it isn’t).

OR

2) Leave in the above statement and delete the term "white" and "race" "racial".
In the article "White" is used 13 times, black 0.
Instead they use the term African-American which is much less broad genetically than "black". Therefore consistent with that they could use "European" which is also much less broad than "white".

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marija
Member # 23167

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marija     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Race"---what a disaster this concept has been for humanity!

It is not verifiable scientifically.

1. the traits used to define "race" do not co-vary
2. there are many humans who fall in between categories
3. there is much mixing which has gone in the world
4. the alleged "races" don't correspond to ancestral DNA types

Example of #4: there are people put into the "Negroid" category who are more closely related to Eurasians than to other "Negroids"! In fact nearly all East and West and Central Africans (ok, everyone but Y-types A & B, and mtDNA Lo and L1) are closer to Eurasians than they are to the A & B/Lo & L1 types!

"Race" does not exist. Unfortunately RACISM does...

--------------------
Nican Tlaca

Posts: 139 | From: Piedmont, Virginia | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com