EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Was Queen Elizabeth I a mulatta?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Was Queen Elizabeth I a mulatta?
A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the UK have a black Queen, and is the current Queen of the UK a descendant of her? - Quora

-

Except
quote:

When we judge race in relation to the medieval period, we assume that the portrayals we have are genuine and accurate and from that point we label them by the standards of our era, ie informal descriptions based on appearance, not on saliva swabs sent to ancestry_dot_com or 23andme. In that sense race is not something assumed or asserted by historians. If we say Queen Elizabeth I was biracial, we say so based on the way would label a woman in contemporary clothing walking down the street who bears a good resemblance to her.

I did a fun post on my blog in relation to it Hairstyles, Self Assurance and Deep Composure Within the Aristocracy some time back.

In the case of Elizabeth I, that combination of red or blonde Afro hair and her very dark-brown/black eyes places hair squarely in the mulatto category regardless of how much she whitened her face. This is something people may not be aware of, but that combination of hair colour and texture and eye colour invariably signifies a mulatto. (I know some consider the word mulatto offensive on account of a variation of its etymology but I use it for the sake of precision because biracial is not specific to the Black African/European combination. Biracial for instance covers the speaker in this video). Even if Elizabeth I had the normal light pink/white skin underneath her make up she would still fall into the mulatto category. FWIW her complexion was recorded as “swarthy” by some contemporaries, and was noted probably before she started applying white makeup.

-

-

-

--------------------
The Habsburg Agenda - Defending Western Christian civilization

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What of Queen Elizabeth I?

Was she also a black woman as her features suggested?

The mulatto young man below was believed to be her uncle Prince Arthur
 -
Prince Arthur

It was supposedly derived from the painting below which for a long time was believed to depict her father Henry (VIII), her Uncle Arthur and her aunt Margaret
 -
Three Children of Christian II, King of Denmark

-
He is the handsome mulatto man on the left with his wife Catherine of Aragon

It all gets curiouser and curiouser

--------------------
The Habsburg Agenda - Defending Western Christian civilization

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com