EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » traveling in egypt - my great experiences in luxor and hurghada!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: traveling in egypt - my great experiences in luxor and hurghada!
warda
Member # 3389

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for warda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all!

i want to tell you about my great travel experiences in egypt this christmas. i spent two weeks in egypt. i had only the flight tickets, and was a bit worried. but it was GREAT!!! the best trip i have ever made (having been to egypt 8 times)! i found ALADIN in the internet (nefertiti hotel in luxor), and he arranged me hotel rooms, trips, everything. i can highly recommend. he got me cheaper prices than i would have got if i had booked myself (not to talk about a travel agencies back at home"). also, i didn't need to book a hotel for a whole week, but i could book by night. this allowed me to travel really like "by interrail" in europe! i stayed two nights in luxor first, and then went to aswan/abu simbel with a group. i spent one night in aswan. to see abu simbel was real important for me - like a pilgrim trip!

from aswan, i took the train back to luxor where i spent one night. the following morning i took the local bus to hurghada, it cost only 15 LE = about 2 euros! i was warned about local buses, but i had no problems whatsoever!!

in hurghada i was picked up at the bus station, and taken to the hotel - which aladin also booked for me. i stayed at that hotel for 5 nights - then changed to another one as they didn't have any rooms for the remaining 4 nights that i spent in hurghada.

i stayed at the SEA WAVES hotel, which i can also higly recommend! no stars, no luxury, but HUSSEIN and his staff were real nice and friendly. the rooms are not expensive at all, the price includes breakfast. if you plan to go to hurghada without having booked a hotel - please keep this in mind. you can also book in advance - i can tell you the details if you are interested! if you prefer something "modest", and don't care if things don't work like in a 5-star hotel - please go to see the SEA WAVES! i felt like home there!! and so did all the others - the other quests were italian, german and austrian.

hussein also arranges all kinds of trips (and scuba diving) and hotel reservations in cooperation with aladin in luxor!

i got home 2 weeks ago, i'm still happy - my mind is still in egypt! and hopefully get to go again SOON!

warda

[This message has been edited by warda (edited 16 February 2004).]

Posts: 6 | From: europe | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samira
Member # 2622

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by warda:
hi all!

i want to tell you about my great travel experiences in egypt this christmas. i spent two weeks in egypt. i had only the flight tickets, and was a bit worried. but it was GREAT!!! the best trip i have ever made (having been to egypt 8 times)! i found ALADIN in the internet (nefertiti hotel in luxor), and he arranged me hotel rooms, trips, everything. i can highly recommend. he got me cheaper prices than i would have got if i had booked myself (not to talk about a travel agencies back at home"). also, i didn't need to book a hotel for a whole week, but i could book by night. this allowed me to travel really like "by interrail" in europe! i stayed two nights in luxor first, and then went to aswan/abu simbel with a group. i spent one night in aswan. to see abu simbel was real important for me - like a pilgrim trip!

from aswan, i took the train back to luxor where i spent one night. the following morning i took the local bus to hurghada, it cost only 15 LE = about 2 euros! i was warned about local buses, but i had no problems whatsoever!!

in hurghada i was picked up at the bus station, and taken to the hotel - which aladin also booked for me. i stayed at that hotel for 5 nights - then changed to another one as they didn't have any rooms for the remaining 4 nights that i spent in hurghada.

i stayed at the SEA WAVES hotel, which i can also higly recommend! no stars, no luxury, but the owner HUSSEIN and his staff were real nice and friendly. the rooms are not expensive at all, the price includes breakfast. if you plan to go to hurghada without having booked a hotel - please keep this in mind. you can also book in advance - i can tell you the details if you are interested! if you prefer something "modest", and don't care if things don't work like in a 5-star hotel - please go to see the SEA WAVES! i felt like home there!! and so did all the others - the other quests were italian, german and austrian.

hussein also arranges all kinds of trips (and scuba diving) and hotel reservations in cooperation with aladin in luxor!

i got home 2 weeks ago, i'm still happy - my mind is still in egypt! and hopefully get to go again SOON!

warda

Hi Warda,

your travelling report was really encouraging me to travel to Egypt individually. Please,can you give me
further details about the Sea Wave Hotel in
Hurghada, such as telephone number, locali-
zation ?
I would be pleased to hear from you soon, because I intend to go to Egypt in February, first to Hurghada and then booking tours.
Thanks - Samira

Posts: 19 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warda
Member # 3389

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for warda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello samira,

i'm real happy if someone else besides me "dares" to travel individually in egypt, and does not content with ready tourist packages! (i was warned before my trip though, and also after my trip...)

here is the e-mail address for aladin who arranged things (very well) for me in luxor:

info@nefertitihotel.com

nefertiti hotel, el sahabi street, from karnak temple st, luxor, egypt
http://www.nefertitihotel.com

tel: +20 95 372 386

the sea waves hotel's phone number is +20 65 545 071

do you know hurghada? i don't know the streets, but it is in the same direction as the mirette hotel (maybe 1 km) and the beirut hotel (maybe 2 km). north(?) of downtown hurghada.

i'm also going to hurghada/luxor again in february - maybe we bump into eachothers?

if you book a room at the sea waves hotel, please say hello from warda.

i hope you'll enjoy your trip as much as i did!!

warda

Posts: 6 | From: europe | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warda
Member # 3389

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for warda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my e-mail address is wardawardia@yahoo.com if anybody wants to ask about my travel experiences in private.

warda

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com