EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » How long for my husband to get his USA Visa?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How long for my husband to get his USA Visa?
Bunny
Member # 3527

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again, I am wondering how long does it generally take for an Egyptian man to obtain an American Visa after he is married? Thanks for any information. Bunny
Posts: 2 | From: Lehighton, PA USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasy Cat
Member # 1250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasy Cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunny: first he must get his Egyptian Passport. To get this, he must complete his military service (up to 3 years- depending on his education)& show that he is an upstanding citizen(job, money,etc).Once he has his passport,he can apply for a US Visa.
Since 9/ll US Visas take many months, and hopefully not years. Since you will be married, if you intend to live together, your best bet is to live with him in Egypt as he may never be issued one. The majority of applicants are denied.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The US is very very reluctant to issue visas I know one couple who have been waiting 4 years. You would be better to consider living in Egypt.

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bay212
Member # 3424

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bay212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunny.Better check with U.S. IMMIGRATION LAWYER.EVERY COUNTRY IS ALLOCATED CERTAIN AMOUNT OF IMMIGRANT VISAS EVERY YEAR.THE WAITING PERIOD DEPENDS ON HOW MANY APPLICANTS ARE THERE AT THE TIME U APPLY.THE LAWYER WILL TELL U THE WAITING PERIOD FOR EGYPT. YEARS AGO U WOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO LIVE WITH YOUR HUSBAND IN THE US WHILE WAITINGFOR THE GREEN CARD.GOOD LUCK.
Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com