EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Diving Courses and Where???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diving Courses and Where???
Aussie
Member # 3573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey i'm interested in doing a diving course (in April) to get a basic accredited divers licence. I have loadsa questions though.

-Is it possible to get your divers licence on a 3 day course? If so how much?

-Whats the official proper divers licence called - is it a PADI is that right?

-Also where is the best place to go diving from Sharm el-Sheik or Hurghada?

-Is it also possible to go on just a one day dive without any licence, ie: with a dive leader or something?

Thanks for any help given!

------------------
What are the must-see's of Egypt??

Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my open water certification (PADI)through Maadi divers and went on several of their dive trips while I was in Egypt. I think I did my course in four sessions??? Maybe five? Magdy (the owner/instructor) was a great teacher and loads of fun on the trips.

Check out the website http://www.maadi-divers.cjb.net/

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GDIVE
Member # 3528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GDIVE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Aussie

It is nice to hear that you are interested to start diving. I operate a diving center in Hurghada. A 4 day diving intro course is 275 euros per person. This includes dive Master, equipment, PADI license and transfers.

Yes, you are right, the official license is called PADI.

It is possible for you to dive with us for just one day for 40 euros per person all inclusive but you will not be able to obtain a PADI license for only one day. However, we can start a log book for you.

Yalla, come on down to Hurghada, we would like to see a lot more 'Aussies' down here !

In my opinion, the 'must see' sites in Egypt are Abu Simbel, Luxor - Karnak temple and also the museum. It is very small but has some very beautiful examples of phaoronic art. Nearly forgot Abydos. It is a long trek from Luxor to Abydos but if you are interested in ancient Egypt this is not to be missed, just make sure it is during winter though, way too hot in summer.

Happy Diving !

www.egdiving.com

info@egdiving.com

[This message has been edited by GDIVE (edited 16 February 2004).]

[This message has been edited by GDIVE (edited 16 February 2004).]

Posts: 4 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeepDiver
Member # 3677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeepDiver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aussie:
Hey i'm interested in doing a diving course (in April) to get a basic accredited divers licence. I have loadsa questions though.

-Is it possible to get your divers licence on a 3 day course? If so how much?

yes, but you better read the course documentation before you start the course. thus you will have more time to actually dive.
price varies between a dive center to another and also between a course to an other
as an example PADI Open water course is in the range of 250$ while CMAS is in the range of 100$.

quote:
-Whats the official proper divers licence called - is it a PADI is that right??

PADI is one of them, also there are
CMAS
NAUI
SSI
SDI
and TDI (techical diving)

quote:
--Also where is the best place to go diving from Sharm el-Sheik or Hurghada?

nither nor, the best is in the south of the Red Sea, but you better be a diver before you go to the south.

quote:
-Is it also possible to go on just a one day dive without any licence, ie: with a dive leader or something?

sure, and it is called Intro dive. 30min and 10 mt deep

for more details, please contact
info@picasso-diving.com
Live aboard diving safari boats & dive center

regards
DeepDiver

[This message has been edited by DeepDiver (edited 26 February 2004).]

Posts: 2 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeepDiver
Member # 3677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeepDiver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by DeepDiver (edited 26 February 2004).]

Posts: 2 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR the great
Member # 3076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR the great   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in every hotel u can find a diving center for this courses.
prices varies from 250 to 400 $ for beiginers course.

Posts: 97 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com