EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » WaNNa MaKe FrIeNdS iN cAiRo..!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WaNNa MaKe FrIeNdS iN cAiRo..!
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello,
im 23 male muhandesin,pharmacist.hobbies are travel,sports,music,hang out,spirituality,yoga,philosophy,arts and clubbing.
email me at:
online_prince@hotmail.com

Posts: 72 | From: cairo egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[IMG]http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/images/1120_arabgirlstalk/31814_egypt_children.jpg
[/IMG]

Posts: 653 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 653 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome...so whats was that about??!
Posts: 72 | From: cairo egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hey, get out on the street in Mohandseen, to a cafe store or billiard place and you find many young people there. Don't you think it is easier to start a friendship in person than over the Internet?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you live in Heliopolis, just go to Mansheiet elbakry, right infront of Wimpy and KFC.. Good luck mate.... And NO.. I haven't been there.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well lilly...i cant go to a group of friends in a cafe or something and tell them "hello..do u need a friend?!!"...and noone likes billiards these days...and jaguar..are u mocking me sirr?!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, cutefan, you must have friends, at least one. Go out w/ that person and try to start conversations w/ other people. Come on, you are a male, you can't be shy, right?

Come on many guys (and even girls) like to play billiard. No excuse, cutefan!

Also you mentioned you go clubbing. Eh da! If I understand right you are going to clubs to dance and enjoy yourself. I can't imagine not meeting anyone there.

Good luck in making new friendships.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,
thx lilly for trying to open a good and clean conversation here..well..i do have friends..but they arent close or even matching to my interests..i dont go clubbing but i do love it and perhaps thats cause my friends arent "interested" in it..i believe the net is a meeting place already like the club,cafe or billiard's shop.
im a shy kind of person..so i find it more easier for me to contact ppl here and i also believe that its easier to find ppl with similar interests too.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Cutefan,

you have a serious problem. I actually advise you to go to a councelor. I am pretty sure w/ some therapy you will find it easier to overcome your shyness and to talk to other people and open up.
I do not understand that you call people friends if these individuals are not close to you and you don't have matching interests.
They are just merely acquaintenances.

Rhi_Sarah
Member # 3510

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rhi_Sarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't easy to overcome shyness, I'm sure therapy doesn't work,having never tried it myself I cannot say, but how can talking to an absolute stranger, who is not your friend help? What I advise is to find a cafe or club or what ever and make it a place you go to regularly to relax or whatever. Just sit and read or do something to occupy yourself. Try something that may intrest another person. Gradually, as you become a regular face to other regulars, conversations will start. Good luck
Posts: 117 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Hi, Rhi-Sarah, that's exactly cutefan's problem, he can't do it. He would sit the whole evening there w/ his newspaper in his hand all by himself. He just doesn't feel comfortable. He is lacking self-esteem.

Rhi-Sarah did mention that therapy will not work but she never tried it. Let me tell you this much. There a many many things out there you actually can cure w/ different kinds of therapy if its drug or alcohol addiction, gambling etc. Or you would have the rate of suicides everywhere much higher, don't you agree?

I am not sure how good are therapists in Cairo are and what kind of possible treatment they could give him but it would be definitely worth a try.

I believe cutefan is very lonely. Something doesn't add up for me: In his first post he is mentioning many hobbies of which involve actually engagement w/ other people. Is it more or less all made up?

And his so-called "friends" don't share the same interests w/ him he's saying. So what do they do than the whole day what he can't agree to participate on?

homesick1
Member # 3092

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cutefan:

[This message has been edited by homesick1 (edited 11 March 2004).]

Posts: 61 | From: ca | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tigerlily
Cutefan,

you have a serious problem. I actually advise you to go to a councelor

quote:
homesick1
Don't bother with counseling there's nothing wrong with you, but do go out and get involved in group activity and if the internet works for you , then by all means.

I agree with homesick1, cutefan.
These days a lot of people make first contact with people through the internet. If it helps you overcome some shyness, then great!

T-Lily doesn't know you, and has no right to on-spot psychoanalyze you.
In my experience shy people are a lot pleasanter to be around than pushy in-your-face judgemental types.

[This message has been edited by Artemi (edited 22 February 2004).]

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello,
thank you artemi,homesick1 and rhisarah..u guys really said what has to be said.when i sent this ad..i didnt know it was gonna be a topic to discuss..its just an ad!!and wasnt waiting for anyone to analyse my character.i mean,putting a repectable ad on a respectable site is not a crime.so whats all the fuss about?!anyway,thank u guys for trying to be nice and help out.next time i post an ad i will write "undiscussable"

Rhi_Sarah
Member # 3510

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Rhi_Sarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Hi, Rhi-Sarah, that's exactly cutefan's problem, he can't do it. He would sit the whole evening there w/ his newspaper in his hand all by himself. He just doesn't feel comfortable. He is lacking self-esteem.'

Sorry if you don't want me discussing you cutefan. Just saying something to tigerlily that I feel needs to be said.

Tigerlily, I'm sure cutefan does not have a problem. How can you tell if he does. 'Problems' as you put them are most probably caused be people like you. People that tell other people that they have problems. Have you ever considered that you may have a problem. I'm sure there is a condition that involves putting other people down and destroying their self confidence. Maybe you have that, tigerlily. How do you know he would sit there the whole evening, doing nothing, how do you know he would even read a paper. You know, people who make asumptions of other people, just like you do Tigerlily, really really wind me up (to put it mildly). Maybe you should think about what right you have to psychoanalyse, cutefan. Who and what are you to psychoanalyse anyone? Maybe you should concentrate less on telling other people they have problems and focus on your very obvious problem!!

Posts: 117 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com