EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Aruba and the Egyptian Police story?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aruba and the Egyptian Police story?
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aruba posted Lol M-X...thanks for the comment on my name It is actually a name that comes from an interesting story with the police in Egypt ....this is why I have a "great" experience of how the police treat the Egyptians...and sometimes also tourist.

I want to hear the story. Please?

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba
Member # 3307

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aruba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol......that will have to wait till I write my book.....lol
Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on Aruba.... I said "please". Can't you give us a bit of it....it might help sell the book.
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba
Member # 3307

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aruba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol...the only thing I can say is that the police in Egypt have no respect for the civilians.....and neither do they have respect for the law or the lawyers and judgeds...they simply ignore the rulings of the judgeds and just go ahead with their cruelty without taking care of anybody bt there own selfish inhumanity....
Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU ENDED UP IN JAIL? OMG! WHAT WAS IT LIKE?
Aruba
Member # 3307

Rate Member
Loooolllll......see you can guess your way to the story if you want i'm not saying anything...in jail maybe maybe not......
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool..... Ok, so we will make up the story ourselves. Monica, Laura, and everyone, join in. It will be like your movie, only a book. (might give Aruba some ideas for the real book later on)

So, I'll start...

It was a dark and stormy night. Aruba was coming home late from (his/her -sorry, I'm not real sure which gender you are.... should I guess female because of the A at the end of aruba?.... is that obvious to everyone else?)tutors house after studying for a new exam being given tomorrow.

ok...someone else take over from there

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....And then she suddenly heard HHHHHMMMHMMMM and coughing...and this police person stood in front of her in a very aggressive way...trying to intimidate her...

['Aruba' mentionned her husband somewhere, and her name in Arabic means :the very very witty, clever, street smarts]

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Cool..... Ok, so we will make up the story ourselves. Monica, Laura, and everyone, join in. It will be like your movie, only a book. (might give Aruba some ideas for the real book later on)

So, I'll start...

It was a dark and stormy night. Aruba was coming home late from (his/her -sorry, I'm not real sure which gender you are.... should I guess female because of the A at the end of aruba?.... is that obvious to everyone else?)tutors house after studying for a new exam being given tomorrow.

ok...someone else take over from there

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey friends,

I may know the story, I have red it in one local newspaper.

She went for a walk and looked in the shops. Somehow she was in the mood for checking out clothes.

To make the long story short, on her way, she stopped by Grand Hayatt hotel, she entered, went direct to the Lobby bar to have a drink.

The bar overlooks the river nile and that city's lights sparkle across the water quite nicely. There is an infinity pool outside the lobby for a (short) romantic stroll before or after dinner.

She drinked alot.

Then the bill came with a $50 bill, she counted the money she have in her bag, it was only $26, tried to find an execuse...

She went to the manager, telling him: I waited 20 minutes for the order to be taken, the wine was not. I don’t feel that my bill for $50 is worth the kind of wine and service that I received.

Again to make the long story short, they asked for the Egyptian police who was so polite with her that they reached an agreement with the hotel that she will spend the night washing the dishes at the hotel main kitchen....lol. And now she is complaining from the Egyptian police???

Aruba, If you’re not sure how much to pay for the drinks, it’s safer to ask first for prices.....lol

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adoula, great sense of humour

Debbie have you ever thought of this 'less bizzarre' than we wanted it to be, turn of event??

Aruba, you gave us the green light to speculate but you should add some hints!

I hope others add too...
Cheers!
Monica

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba
Member # 3307

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Aruba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol....I did not give you all to spend this time writing about me.....please make a story about somebody else.....

And nobody is rigth by the way anyway....

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aruba, we were having fun...but you're right it's pathetic...

Anyway, Adoula's text reminded me of the beautiful Grand Hyatt Nile View ( ex Meridien - ex Rotal Towers), and that's worth a try

Salam,
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Aruba:
Lol....I did not give you all to spend this time writing about me.....please make a story about somebody else.....

And nobody is rigth by the way anyway....

Aruba
Member # 3307

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Aruba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lool Monica.....

Anyway it is fine that you are making a story up.....I would enjoy reading it also...as long as you keep me out of it.....lol

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so she skulked out of the bar, feeling quite proud of herself for coming up with that wild tale about being served hot wine and the service being bad and getting the bill down from $50 to $20 (saving $10 for what ever mischief she could come up with later). Now she really needed to sober up and get studying for that exam. Where should she go? What should she do? Suddenly she had a wild idea.... she would hop on the train and go to Alexandria.

to be continued.......

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As she enters Ramses station, she doesn't notice a man standing over near the Tourist Police office reading a newspaper. Seems if she had seen him, she might have thought twice about taking the train that night. Oh, how her luck might have changed if she had not been in such a hurry to find the bathroom (after all that wine at the Hyatt).

to be continued..................

FYI - Aruba....you know this isn't about you anymore. It's about a mystery woman that is yet to be named. Keep watching for further episodes.

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Debbie...you have skills girl, keep it up...it's enjoyable!!

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Ms X enters the WC at Ramsees. Annoyed by the woman holding tissue in one hand and the other hand out for her tips, Ms X snaps up the tissue and heads for one of the stalls. Inside she sits down, and for a brief minute can relax...

until she looks up on the wall and sees the graffiti. Ms X - RIP - 12/7/04

Huh? She gasps? What? The 12th of July was still 6 months away. Why is her name here? What could this mean?

to be continued..........

kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
debbie
sweetheart you can't stop now. I have been on the edge of my seat for days!!!!
kay ktkoota

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 09 August 2004).]

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Rimo......

6 months???? let's negotiate; he he he...
I'd say 6 hours...

Debbie what do you think???

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 February 2004).]

Man_Kind
Member # 2819

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Man_Kind   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Rimo......

6 months???? let's negotiate; he he he...
I'd say 6 hours...

Debbie what do you think???

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 February 2004).]

Have you ever been there, definitly not .. you wouldn't survive 6 mins..

Posts: 91 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw all this and it's great..... you guys continue. I won't have time to get back deeply into it until the end of March probably. We'll see.
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

charitylouise@hotmail.com
Member # 3607

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for charitylouise@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aruba was having a smoke in the train station, when rummaging in her purse she noticed that her passport was not there.
"Oh my God," she cried, "those bastards kept my passport."
Frantically she dashed out, cursing herself for being so stupid, and caught a cab to the hotel where she'd been washing dishes for the last three hours to pay off her bar bill.
When she arrived at the hotel they wouldn't let her in and the guards stood smiling when she tried to explain what happened.

Posts: 8 | From: Taiwan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com