EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » I have a question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a question
keefer04
Member # 4404

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for keefer04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am coming to Alexandria in the next month to visit some friends and was looking to get a mobile phone. Do any of the mobile vendors have pre-paid service without having to sign a contract? I was wondering if i can just buy a phone and get activated by just purchasing a scratch card or do I have to sign a contract? If I have to subscribe what do I need to show in order to get the mobile service? Also wondering what the cost is to get the service activated and what the cost is to place calls within Egypt(cost per minute)?
Posts: 2 | From: Newark,NJ,USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will partly answer your question?
I don’t know how far you know about GSM networks … so I will give you a small tip:
Egypt has two GSM networks:
Vodafone: www.vodafone.com.eg
Mobinil: www.mobinil.com
Both offer prepaid and postpaid services.

I know that Vodafone offer some special package for travelers called Holiday … you can contact Vodafone at +20101888888

For price of Holiday price plan visit: http://www.vodafone.com.eg/JSP/personal/Priceplans/details.jsp?pricePlanId=8

Have a nice trip

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com