EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Cairo Visit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cairo Visit
Simonjones64
Member # 4676

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simonjones64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all

Can someone tell me of a good place where I and my wife can go to see a belly dancing show in cairo. It must be decent place and suitable for Mr and Mrs.

Regards

si

Posts: 1 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five stars hotels..like Semiramis..Oberoy..Meridien...etc...

quote:
Originally posted by Simonjones64:
hi all

Can someone tell me of a good place where I and my wife can go to see a belly dancing show in cairo. It must be decent place and suitable for Mr and Mrs.

Regards

si

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try the Moroccan Restaurant Casablanca in the Sheridan Hotel. Please note it is closed on mondays and it cost nothing to get in, it is also very popular, well it was last November. ENJOY .....Bulldog
Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hotels are a good choice for a more authentic show, but only at the expense of staying up very late at night. I don't think the shows begin before 11 pm and maybe not til after midnight, plus the expense of a hotel show is high.

To see a belly dancer for a moderate price (including dinner) at a reasonable hour (8 pm) go on any of the Nile dinner cruises. Yes, they are very touristy, but you're a tourist...so what the hey? Some of the better boats (Nile Crystal Boats - IMHO) will have a good show of many traditional/cultural dancing. Most of the boats also include a Whirling Dervish dancer, but the Nile Crystal has at least 2 more acts of others they include.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's unlikely to start before midnight, The dancer has probably just walked through the door at that time. If your on a Tourist Barge then yes it will start a little earlier 9pm abouts.
Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog:
Well it's unlikely to start before midnight, The dancer has probably just walked through the door at that time. If your on a Tourist Barge then yes it will start a little earlier 9pm abouts.

My point exactly. Many tourists want to see a belly dancer, but are not willing to give up their day schedule to stay up with the night-owls to see the pros at work.
In that case the dancers on the Dinner Cruise boats make a good alternative.

The other disadvantage, right now, to going to see the pros after midnight in the clubs and hotels will be the slimy clientle from the Gulf that will be there. That is probably the most distasteful part of going to one of those venues, but as a tourist, maybe it is part of the charm or effect you want to see in that club scene. If you do go when they are there, hang on to your wallet....not that they will pickpocket you, but you may leave with an empty wallet at the end of the night.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com